+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Driving Test :( in General; Passed on my third time, majors on the first two with only the odd couple of minors. I had a ...
    Thank Post
    Passed on my third time, majors on the first two with only the odd couple of minors. I had a bit of a stress issue on the first two and also turned up to another one without my passport so couldn't take it. Got some Kalms tablets for my third one, I remember thinking "If I don't do it this time its never goign to happen". I wouldn't mind so much but its bloody expensive.

stu
    Thank Post
    I failed the first time for creeping whilst setting off from junction to make sure it was clear before setting off 1 major 3 minors, at least now u fail the pressure wont be on second time and everything will feel more relaxed

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Second time I pulled out from a 30mph road to a 60mph road but there were no signs to tell you. I was driving too slow. When I pointed out the sign thing, I should have "Been able to tell by the distance of the lamp posts" I mean, technically true but stil
    Wouldn't be so easy for a new driver

Thank Post
    They are feeling the credit crunch, failing people for silly reasons so they have to pay for a second test
    I used to say that, I'm sure certain amount of that does go on but to be honest I think I was bitter at failing anyway. I had a much better examinor the third time as well, I thought she was going to fail me for sure as I lost grip of the wheel on the roundabout that goes back into the test center, she asked me what happend (this is where I was about to cry ) I owned up to loosng control she agreed but said I recovered the situation really well and passed me.

Thank Post
    I failed a bike test for....... Going round a corner a little to wide and there was a person near the kerb, not on it and they had their back to the road. The examiner said I was too close to the kerb and they could of stepped backwards into the road! If you were in a car you would of been in the gutter and even closer than I was.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Waiting too long at a mini-roundabout
    If it make you feel any better, this morning I had a narrow squeak on a roundabout. It used to be a T and I was crossing the top, and saw a car waiting in the stem. What I couldn't see was his right indicator...

My fault, but it was due to carp car design. One of those trendy mirrored clusters.

Oh, and I've been driving for 30 years!

Thank Post

It took me 2 years but I passed 1st time........

It goes like this, 20 or so car driving lessons and I get banned for a few motorbike offenses. 6 months later I get my license back and start lessons again.
    15 or so lessons in and yep, I get banned for a few more motorbike offenses.
    12 months later, another 15 or so lessons, book test and pass 1st time.
    Ho Hum, we learn as we get older, my motorbike number plate now folds up over 20mph

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabba View Post
    It goes like this, 20 or so car driving lessons and I get banned for a few motorbike offenses. 6 months later I get my license back and start lessons again.
    15 or so lessons in and yep, I get banned for a few more motorbike offenses.
    12 months later, another 15 or so lessons, book test and pass 1st time.
    Ho Hum, we learn as we get older, my motorbike number plate now folds up over 20mph
    lol what did you get banned for?

Thank Post
    I failed first time as well..had an examiner that talked throughout about his holiday..tedious.

Second test, head examiner, passed with 2 minors which I identified and correctly resolved.

Amusingly, it was Test 2 where on doing the "reverse around the corner", I scuffed the back tyre lightly and muttered "b*ggerf*ckmonkeys.." and then thought "sod it, I failed that!" and relaxed for the remainder of the test, just enjoying the drive.

When the examiner shook my hand and said "congrats, you passed", I had to laugh.

I've never forgotten the words of my instructor - "well done boyo, you passed. You're a bloody good driver, a bit cautious, but that's OK. Now, let me just say this...if I EVER hear you've caused an accident, I'll hunt you down and break your legs, right? NO student of mine gets taught and then goes on to f*ck it up - I know where you live..well done, and good luck to you. Keep in touch"...

He was ace.. Used to make me drive round the local colleges on summer days with his shades on, fag in hand, music on, windows down so he could "admire the young ladies"..also used to order me to "put your foot down, the bloody battery's going flat.."

That was good - no micras for me, it was a kitted up Proton Aerodeck 1.5SE MPi (Mitsu Lancer reskin job)..went like the proverbial. Auto too, no hill start worries for moi.

We had one lesson on a cold day, saw a 12 wheeler keel over on the road - messy. He got our and ran to help the driver, then ran back and said "take the car, go to the DRC centre (several miles away), get help. Hurry up, and don't scratch it."..good fun.

The day after that, I had to follow him in a crunched RS2000 with an autobox to get it repaired, belonging to the DMF. First day of full license, RS2000..rock on.
    Last edited by Sirbendy; 14th November 2008 at 04:54 PM.

Thank Post

More like what didnt I get banned for............

Ummgh ban list covers no tax, insurance, MOT, riding over a 125cc on a provisional license, no license, failing too stop for a policeman, reckless riding/driving (being chased by police), riding while banned, speeding, several counts of all over a period of 6 years or so when I was a lot younger.

Was a bit of a reckless tearaway at the time, worst bike for getting me into trouble was a Yamaha RD400, race tuned, howling All Speed exhausts, ah those were the days

I no longer ride bikes, 2 good points are I am still alive and I still have a license

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hesitating seems a bad reason to fail someone. Surely to err on the side of caution prevents accidents. Even if you're overly hesitant to the annoyance of other road users, that's their lookout and something they should be prosecuted for.

If we're talking annoying other road users, the police should do something about all those PITA's who drive with their fog lights always on at night. That's actually an offense too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12