+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Enjoyable TV Commercials in General; Every now and then there's a commercial on TV that makes me sit up and pay attention because it's a ...

Thank Post

Enjoyable TV Commercials

Every now and then there's a commercial on TV that makes me sit up and pay attention because it's a bit different, funny or just plain entertaining. It's normally the likes of guiness, or the infamous cadburys advert that has this effect, but at the moment this one is my favourite. Barclaycard Waterslide Ad

Anyone else actually enjoy some TV commercials, if so what's your favourite one (past or present) ?

Mike.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Every now and then there's a commercial on TV that makes me sit up and pay attention because it's a bit different, funny or just plain entertaining. It's normally the likes of guiness, or the infamous cadburys advert that has this effect, but at the moment this one is my favourite. Barclaycard Waterslide Ad

Anyone else actually enjoy some TV commercials, if so what's your favourite one (past or present) ?

Mike.
    guiness haven't made a half-decent advert in years........and even when they did their adverts were oft overrated.

I do like the current Barclaycard advert in addition vodafone's 'make the most of now' series of ads are good aspirational adverts, if that's the right word.

In terms of actually selling a product, rather than being clever with ads for the sake of winning awards , i think apple do a very fine job. The current ipod touch ads should have the desired effect.

And for humour i quite enjoy the crunchy nut ad, with the guy at the petrol station.

Worst advert by a mile on tv recently has been the current budweiser ad, can't stand it. horrible horrible advert.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    I think a good advert is one that you can remeber years after it was shown just when someone says a phrase from it.

Full moon......., Half moon.......

Thank Post
    I loved the Skoda Fabia from cake ad. Probably only because they actually made one!

5. Thanks to jcollings from:

john (9th November 2008)

Thank Post
    The new Cadbury advert with the ape is good. It's the same style as the other one but with a different song.

YouTube - Gorilla: Eclipse of the Heart Remix (Now an Official Cadbury advert)

Edit: Not that new it seems. I only it for the first time tonight.

Thank Post
    I like the Kelloggs advert with the kid from Bristol. His accent cracks me up every time. It's cool.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    I like the Airport Truck Race Cadbury ad
    Video: New cadbury airport trucks advert!
    I always imagine the trucks with no drivers - just taking off by themselves - even though they do show the driver's hands in a couple of shots. It was the same with the Astra ad where the cars go and hide.

Anyone remember the Smarties ad from the 70's where the screen filled up with Smarties at the end - as a child I thought that was amazing

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    I think a good advert is one that you can remeber years after it was shown just when someone says a phrase from it.

Full moon......., Half moon.......
    Ha! I can still be heard to mutter "Total Eclipse" in a dodgy Russian accent every now and then. I'm sure people think I'm mad.

HBJB

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post

Anyone remember the Smarties ad from the 70's where the screen filled up with Smarties at the end - as a child I thought that was amazing
    No! But I can remember from the 80s the Smash adverts with those odd looking robot people, or Ariston and on and on and on... as well as 'Put the kettle on, I'll be home in twenee minutes'

At the moment I am liking the cadburys adverts, at least they're not full of Christmas music like lots of radio ads already are

Thank Post

Thank Post
    I'm hoping the Irn Bru Christmas ad will be back this year

13. 2 Thanks to SteveBentley:

laserblazer (9th November 2008), linkazoid (9th November 2008)

Thank Post
    any of the hamlet cigar adverts. they were brilliant.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    I love the Re-record not fade away Scotch Video Tape adverts - YouTube - Scotch Video Tapes Advert 1986 (UK) They featured the skeleton on an animation program a few years ago and as soon as I saw it I just thought woo Scotch advert without them even saying anything as it was quite advanced for the 80's the technology they used to make him and the parrot.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 998 Posts
    The spec savers adverts are funny like with the wooden telegraph poles when that guy with the chainsaw is chopping down all the telegraph poles instead of the trees and the guy who sheers his dog instead of the sheep.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3H1QZlct0

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Oh yes, the imfamous cog advert! I have a DVD with a documentary about the making of that ad, and contory to popular opinion it was all filmed in a single take

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information