+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Is your school haunted? in General; Does anyone have any good tales of haunting in your school, ever seen one or know someone who has? The ...
    Thank Post

Is your school haunted?

Does anyone have any good tales of haunting in your school, ever seen one or know someone who has?

The school I used to work at had a teacher who passed away while he was still employed and he haunts the school. I was once working on my own and heard someone shout "be quiet" in the corridor and then a fire door opened. And I was the only person in the building. Also the lab technician put the gas key in the lock, turned it, turned around and walk away and the key hit her on the back of the head.

Thank Post
    We supposedly have the ghost of Walter Savage Landor walking around his old house, but that's a dubious one. However there have been more reliable accounts of a boy who cycled down the main staircase on a dare, and killed himself on the stone floor.

There are other reports of strange things in other parts of the building, but nothing very concrete.

The theatre I work with are quite rich in ghosts: until it was refurbished a few years ago, there were reports of:
    1. man walking between dressing room corridor and box office, asking the way to the dressing rooms;
    2. two children playing in an upstairs dressing room (still getting reports of that one)
    3. 'Wilf', who wandered around backstage looking for a doorway
    We ran some unattended video cameras one night just before refurb, but the only vaguely spooky happening was a black shape across the lens of one camera. Went back to re-run the tape and it was gone, never found it again. I've heard the dressing room kids running around though *shivers*
    Last edited by powdarrmonkey; 1st November 2008 at 11:42 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There are odd report nothing major just someone slamming the doors etc

Reminds me of the 118 118 sponsor video with the ghost hanging the picture..

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,095 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Had a very strange incident at my girlfriend's school.
    One day we were there really late (about 10pm) and the only people in the school. We heard a some kind of commotion from one of the classrooms so (in a uncharacteristic fit of bravery) went to investigate. As we got closer we realised it was coming from the fire doors that were being shook violently and sounded like being kicked and hit. The sound stopped just before we got there and nobody was outside. From the way we had come, anyone coming or going from the outside would have had to have passed us and we would have seen them. To top it off, as we looked at each other and started to think it was a bit weird, the phone in the office rang and we nearly jumped out of our skin. We quickly gathered our stuff, locked up and went home.

The security cameras didn't pick up anything from that time so it looks like it wasn't a person, and it was too violent to be the wind rattling the doors. Anyway after that we haven't stayed late since

There have been a couple of weird things at my current schools but nothing like the one above. One school is an old Victorian building that is spooky to be in on your own. One thing that keeps happening is that when I am alone in the ICT suite, I hear muttering and talking outside the door, but when I go out to look there is nobody there.

Another unsettling one was during a holiday, when I was sitting in my office and someone walked past. I shouted a hello and someone (who I am convinced was my boss) shouted "Hi, not stopping long" and walked on. It suddenly struck me that my boss was supposed to be in France for the holidays so I went to look for who it was. It must have been a teacher as you need a keyfob to open the door. Couldn't find anyone and the car park was empty apart from my car and the PO's. Found the PO and he hadn't seen anyone, and he was working by the entrance where anyone would have to have come in. We checked the whole school anyway and couldn't find anyone. A bit puzzled we asked at the start of term but nobody had been in and my boss was indeed in France for the week. But I am convinced that it was my boss' voice. Weird.

Thank Post
    we have a ghost here, it magically makes out of order signs disappear and digital cameras to just disappear from our office

Thank Post
    I had contractors working ovr night once who heard footsteps along a corridor that stopped. When they went to look there was nothing there. Also we have footage of orbs on CCTV.

At my last school there was a murder in the grounds and the caretaker is convinced that there is something odd in the Rosler Block (the murder was outside this block)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sadly not

Thank Post
    We have faries and father christmas but no ghosts.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 741 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We frequently pick up 'ufos' on our external cctv - as well as people mooning when they come back from the pubs.

Thank Post
    There is supposedly a ghost that wanders the corridors of my current workplace. The haunting is attributed to an ex-pupil.

Several people have heard footsteps and doors banging whilst working alone. One SA reported seeing a male figure coming out of the female staff toilets (back in the old grammar school days this would have been the [all male] staff toilets).

There's also reports of ghostly going ons in another building to the extent where several cleaners refused to go into the building!

Thank Post
    We have had a few things happen at our place.

One morning myself and Mark (my then technician) came in early to carry on getting the servers up (crashed the night before) so we was it at school opening about 6am. Caretaker was the only one in and we walked into the new building. We have those doors that lock open, walked through one set of doors and just before we got to the doors to the library we heard the door unclick and a girls voice shout "Mark" we both span round and saw the door closin, but no girl.

Caretakers have seen doors banging when they where patrolling with police when the alarms have been set off.

Me and the caretaker have also heard one of the toilets flushing late at night while locking up.

It is a scary school!

Thank Post
    My school is meant to be haunted, but after working many late nights by myself I never experienced anything.

Apart from because of the way our roof is made some rooms have a howling sound during windy days. But thatís hardly a haunting.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Our old girls boarding house - a massive Victorian townhouse - was haunted. Used to hear the sound of a bouny ball bouncing off the wooden floor at night, and the toilets in the old maids section of the house would flush themselves randomly.

Its been sold off and demolished now and turned into housing

Thank Post
    Our house is, Phantom footsteps, odd noises, stuff switching on and off by itself.

About 5 days ago my wife discovered a pair of hidden draws in the cupboard that we inherited from the previous owner (who died 10 years ago and was a close friend of the family) It was full of photos, silverware and odd knick knacks. My wife had a good look through it before putting it back (strong feeling that removing the stuff would not be the best thing to do).

The next evening I in the bathroom upstairs, I had placed a full container of salt on top of the toilet seat (long story), I left the room and was talking to my wife outside of the bathroom, when we heard the container fall over.

Nothing odd about that apart from it being a good 30 seconds from when I placed it squarely on the seat, and the container acts like a sand bag and it is impossible for it to wobble.

I have also heard footsteps come down the stairs and walk out to the kitchen when I have been alone in the house. There has also always been a strong feeling of being watched from the back room.

We keep our heads down on all hallows eve.

Thank Post
    I'm not dead yet, so no... this school is not haunted... yet.

16. Thanks to Friez from:

tech_guy (3rd November 2008)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast