+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Is your school haunted? in General; Aslo the prison in London I used to work at was built on an old insane asylum, yes it was ...
    Thank Post
    Aslo the prison in London I used to work at was built on an old insane asylum, yes it was haunted, When will they ever learn?

2. Thanks to ICT_GUY from:

El_Nombre (4th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    Aslo the prison in London I used to work at was built on an old insane asylum, yes it was haunted, When will they ever learn?
    No they don't. Lucky it wasn't an Insane Asylum built on a Native American burial ground that just happened to also be a rift that opened a portal to hell.

4. Thanks to sparkeh from:

ICT_GUY (4th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do lots of my work at schools over night, this has let me witness some rather starnge occourances. Already shut doors making slamming sounds like someone had put a sholder into them. Urinals flushing even though they are turned off every night and the sounds of water running on the other side of a wall with no pipes anywhere near it. There is even the ocational murmoring noises like a muffled discussion from the pitch black corridors on rare occasions.

These schools are fully fenced in and I check that there is no one around the grounds when I get there. Most of the weirder stuff happens around the 3-4am mark and it happens far more often at the school in the area that has the darker past.

Half a kilometer away there was once the center of a tribal encampment which was especially contested, so much so that part of the cities name meant red earth - a refference to both the fertility of the land and the amount of blood spilled on it.

It does make it much more interesting being there though as you can let your mind run wild with speculation if it gets boaring. Much more intersting than the more probibal causes of air pressure changes, sound reflection and leaks

Thank Post
    Oh I forgot, the basement of my house in Germany is haunted, not by a pleasant spirit either.

When I sleep downstairs in the basement (now only ever with the light on I add) I often get woken up by a screaming in my ear, Its loud and very real but goes away when I open my eyes. the medical explanation is auditory hallucination, but Ill tell you this, its as real as you can possibly imagine and very loud and the second you close your eyes it happens again. This is enough to freak me out. It only happens in the one place. I have never had it happen anywhere else.

Thank Post
    Apparantly we are supposed to be haunted, the caretakers have reported footsteps and doors banging on the top floor of the 3 storey block. I can't say whether or not it's true as i don't stay as late as them, but they always lock that end of school first so they don't have to check it when it's late.

Thank Post
    We have been told that ours is haunted but never experianced anything. People have suposedly heard things and even reports of a seeing a grey lady figure but i have never saw or heard anything but have felt uneasy in the library when the school is empty and when it is getting dark.

Thank Post
    Not a school, but my last place of work - Local Government.

My colleague and I were updating the contact centre which was taking us from 4PM right through to 8AM. We were the only two people in the building at around 1:30am when we decided to go to the ground floor for a coffee at the vending machine. The machine was right next door to the lift. As we were waiting for our coffees, the lift began to descend from the top floor (we did not press the button as it needs a card inserted) and just waited, thinking it just had a bit of a fit. But then the lift stopped at our floor and then the doors opened with no-one there - obviously. We looked at each other and our minds really started to go into overdrive, but left it at that. As I went to go back to get my coffee, it had fallen over in the dispenser - coincidence - maybe. But we never went anywhere in that building all night without each other - like a couple of girls we were (sorry girls).

When we told the site manager about this a few days later, he told us when the building was being built, the lift fell on a workman crushing him. He didn't die in the building, but in hospital days later - wwwooo!

Thank Post
    Late one night our caretaker was checking through one building and passed the main reception. At that moment one of the phones began to ring. He went into the office, picked up the receiver but no answer, only the dial tone. The switchboard showed the call had come from room 66, so he went up to the room but found it locked, empty and dark.

66 is nearly the number of the beast so I'm sold. Haunted phones.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Nombre View Post
    66 is nearly the number of the beast so I'm sold. Haunted phones.
    I think you mean 666, according to the book of Revelations.

Thank Post
    I don't do the whole ghost thing..I originate from Wroxeter, where by rights there should be legions of Romans haunting the place. It was most amusing to see the re-enactments where the centurions can be seen walking down the road eating an ice-cream and looking at their digital watches..

This place is *supposed* to be haunted...the cleaners are scared of it in the dark evenings. So me and the NM put a walkie talkie above a roof tile and did the whole "voice of the dead" thing...cruel, but by gods, it does you good to laugh..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    I think you mean 666, according to the book of Revelations.
    Or 616 if you believe modern interpretations.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12