+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Most Haunted Load of Rubbish in General; I'd imagine some of you have been watching Most Haunted Live, coming from the now abandoned Denbigh Mental Hospital, located ...
    Thank Post

Most Haunted Load of Rubbish

I'd imagine some of you have been watching Most Haunted Live, coming from the now abandoned Denbigh Mental Hospital, located in the town in which I work.

I've been watching bits and peices now for the last 3 or 4 nights, and you know what? It's an absolute mockery -- who the hell do these people think we are?

Don't get me wrong, I beleive that strange things do go on, I beleive in the paranormal, but, what I don't beleive, is that a "ghost" has a mouth and a voicebox to make noises and whistle at Yvette on demand -- when she's stood there throwing things around the place and then asking for them to be thrown back... these are supposed spirits not your next door neighbour's hyperactive pet dog.

The one thing that completely put the icing on the cake last night was the "Voodoo Doll" spectacle, I'm sure those of you who saw it picked up on this.

They had a voodoo doll of one of the other members of the team, sent him off to a different room, at which time he was "unaware" they had this doll, and started poking pins into it - fair enough, BUT, at the time, they had the two camera's running on the screen at the same time, and what happened?

The other presenter started holding his leg "in pain".... (might I mention the WRONG leg too??), a good 10 or so seconds BEFORE they started poking this "doll" with a pin. His movements during being "poked" were acted and unconvincing.

Absolute Farce. Once the whole thing was over and the team regrouped he claimed he was still in great pain, however grimaced only a couple of times later on while the camera was on his face.

Another thing I've noticed, is that the cameras never capture anything, they very rarely hear anything, there will sometimes be 20 minute segments of the show where the team will be "hearing" things that we do not, and we're forced to sit and watch Yvette and her team, with her ineffably irritating voice asking everyone "Did you see that? Did you hear that?".

It's going to bring people to this town who will be here to make a mockery of it, well done Most Haunted, thats one sure fire way to bring the completely wrong kind of people to the town.

Luckily I live about 8 miles away - They once did a Most Haunted in my home town too, also a waste of my time.

Anybody else concurr? </rant>

Other than that, Morning all!

Thank Post
    I used to watch MH and MHL.
    Never noticed any orbs or heard anything or saw anything on the web cams...

Now I love the program cause when it is on the other half watches it and I get to do stuff that I don't normally have time to do.

Thank Post
    On another forum I'm a member of, there's someone who actually lives in the area and has been researching into the paranormal activities around for years. Knows almost everything about the area.

However, there has been NO reports EVER of ANYTHING happening in the mental hospital so they were a bit disgusted when they watched this tripe and saw the reactions from some of the people on screen.

Utter rubbish.

Thank Post
    I do watch it, now more out of habit than interest. They do need to sort some of the show out. For example get rid of the dead wood, that stuart (who just does whatever Carl doed and hears whatever Carl hears and if the camera hasnt been on him for over 5 minutes will "hear" something), and that Cath who is no use what so ever.

They also make some bad choices on who they invite on, a good example would be that guy Billy who is with Paul all night who senses ghosts and they immediately tell them their life story and knows every detail. I dont belive he has any talents other than reading books.

However I dont think its staged in any way, it has been going for so many years they would of had hundreds of people working on it and it would take just one person to bring the whole show down by saying its fake but it has never happened. I belive its genuine, some of the stuff may just be in their heads but who can blame them at that hour, in the dark, with millions of people watching who want to see something.

Thank Post
    It's not been the same since old Derek Acorah left - he was a brilliant actor

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post
    It's not been the same since old Derek Acorah left - he was a brilliant actor
    Yeh he was set up on Most Haunted and outsted as a fake and was kicked off.

Thank Post
    I've had a lot of friends who've been to the place over the years, never been myself, but they've said that while it's freaky, they've never seen or heard anything "paranormal".

They're making a mockery of the town I spend most of my time in -- and knowing some of the local scallies they're hiding in bloody bushes throwing stones through the windows.

Thank Post
    The main problem with the show is the family links...

Yvette Fielding is married to Karl Beattie. Stuart is a cousin to one of them and Kath appears to be a family friend of Yvettes mother.

I used to watch the show as a sceptic and found that nothing was ever seen on camera but could be heard of screen!!!!

When The show came to Portsmouth they spent ages talking to everyone during setup and then mysteriously found all the ghosts that had been rumoured to be seen. And Yvette swears like a trooper in real life and has a potty mouth

Thank Post
    It's clearly fake and scripted. I thought that was the point of it? Like wrestling where everyone knows its fake? Maybe i'm wrong... The biggest give away is there is always some sort of activity in the ones I've seen... Never been a time when they've never managed to woo the spirits.

Thank Post
    Totally agree and im glad someone else saw the voodoo doll scenes. i was with my girlfriend at the time casually watching it and i shouted out "thats fake! look, hes holding his leg and they havent even stuck the pin in yet.." then a good 10 seconds afterwards Karl exclaims 'lets only stick the pins in his legs" and sure enough, Brian the fake northern medium, starts hobbling round the room as if hed been shot in a drive-by. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!! and totally proved to me beyond a doubt that its fixed!
    if you get a chance to see the voodoo dol scene then try and check it out, it was so obviously badly timed. you can tell Brian had been told to hold his legs or knee and just started his ABBA 'dancing queen' routine just a bit too early. it was disgusting to watch.

and how many times do we see absolutely nothing? stones are thrown, whispers heard, thumps and knocks and yet after 10 seasons the camera has NEVER panned anywhere else except on the faces of the presenters!!! why? why do they leave a stone in another room, walk away and then miraculously get hit by it in another room? and yet they NEVER leave a camera on it from where they left it? surely, that would be the most OBVIOUS thing to do? afterall, if we had a ghost in our house that kept nicking the custard creams from the biscuit tin, the first place we'd leave a camera is in front of the biscuit tin? surely? not watching a bar of soap in the bathroom!!!

its scripted, its fake and its pulling the wool over all the suckers who watch it. how many times do they come up with cr@p you cant possible concur with, like Yvette going 'did you hear that?' err..no...what was it Yvette? a mouse f@rting or summat cus i heard b*gger all! or the room going 'cold' well how do we know?

and the mediums becoming 'posessed' is complete rubbish. Brian is one of the worst, just another Derek Accorah but without the bling.

everyone should ban this show its treating everyone who watches it like idiots!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread