+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Ebay seller sues over negative feedback in General; Ebay seller sues over negative feedback - Yahoo! News UK What next......

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ebay seller sues over negative feedback

Thank Post

Too right

Its about time this happened.
    I sell lots of computer equipment on Ebay and it annoys me when people buy kit and dont understand how to use it or are disgruntled because what they purchased isnt actually what they need so they leave negative feedback.

Thank Post
    This is definitely a move in the right direction.

eBay does nothing more the last couple of years, than raising the seller fees and removing the rights of the sellers to fight back against silly and time waisting buyers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,985 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This case won't have any chance in the courts. The feedback system is there for exactly this purpose. An example, in a non-electronic shop.

You go into $Generic_shop, you buy a PDA. You get it home and open it, only to find it is scratched, chipped and not the model advertised on the box. Now, the shop selling that item has actually broken the law. So, so far, this is a negative shopping experience. You now have to travel back to said shop, and discuss the issue with them. You get a full refund, but have wasted a good amount of time and effort attempting to buy this item - and you are still at square one, with no PDA in your posession. This is still a negative buying experience.

So, this business has zero chance of winning. The person was truthful, and was using the feedback system for the purpose it was designed.

Thank Post
    I have to agree with localzuk on this one - the buyer has done everything correctly.

Also, looking at the sellers feedback, this isn't the first complaint about items not being as advertised - each time the buyer has left neg feedback and the seller has responded with a nasty message stating the buyers are fraudsters

Issuing a libel suit against the buyer is really petty, even if the buyer is telling porkies about the item.. - again feedback sems to indicate that he's been geunine with other sellers. There seems to have been little done by the seller

I buy and sell on ebay regularly - if a buyer has any sort of query about the status of an item I get them to send the item back to me first before any refunds are considered (actually my policy is no refunds) - of the rare time this has happened the buyer has failed to return the item..

As a seller, I find it unfair to leave only pos feedback as there is no way you can highlight dodgy buyers now... yet buyers can label you as such very easily.

And now with the news that items such as DVDs MUST be sold with FREE P&P, it seems eBay is more interested in the buyer than the seller - even though they get their money from the seller...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    As a seller, I find it unfair to leave only pos feedback as there is no way you can highlight dodgy buyers now... yet buyers can label you as such very easily.

And now with the news that items such as DVDs MUST be sold with FREE P&P, it seems eBay is more interested in the buyer than the seller - even though they get their money from the seller...
    That is exactly the point I want to make. eBay makes money out of sellers, not buyers. The least they could do is keep the seller fees low and protect the sellers, cause that's where most of their profit comes from...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    I have to agree that since sellers have been unable to leave negative feedback I have had more problems selling items than ever before. Some buyers now seem to think they can demand the world on a stick when they have won an auction and no matter what you say they still spin the line then I will leave back feedback, and as a seller your hands are tied.

It would seem that these days the words faulty, sold for spares or repairs means BNIB in full working order!

Also let’s not forget the buyers best friend that is PayPal with the wonderful “ Seller Protction”

Thank Post
    Thats's definitely the case.
    Buyers do not actually think much now before they click on the bid or buyitnow button because they cannot get negative feedback anymore. Although you can still report them to eBay and issue an unpaid item strike.
    If they threaten about negative feedback, pick up the phone and phone eBay support straight away and explained them the situation. They can remove negative feedback over the phone as long as you convience them that it's not your fault. They are very friendly, provide landline 020 number and answer very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    Also let’s not forget the buyers best friend that is PayPal with the wonderful “ Seller Protction”
    May I add one of the sellers favourite website

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread