Poll: What job profile have you been matched to

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Norfolk MRS Affected People in General; Just wanting to tally up what people have been matched too. Ben...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,497 Posts

Norfolk MRS Affected People

Just wanting to tally up what people have been matched too.

Ben

Thank Post
    me, an IT Technician have been matched to "Technician" thats it.

So on the same classification (i assume) as an Art Tech, Food Tech etc...wonderful.

Can i be bothered to appeal? well, seeing how long it has taken for it to come out, it will probably take just as long to sort it out again

Thank Post
    Whats the JE number for what you've been matched too?

Surely if you are an ICT tech you should be matched to ICT tech that is just ridiculous.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumaedition View Post
    Can i be bothered to appeal? well, seeing how long it has taken for it to come out, it will probably take just as long to sort it out again
    Well if you don't appeal it means you are accepting their decision. I'm not sure but if your appeal is successful, you might be able to get pay backdated?

Remember, you can only appeal on the grounds that they matched you to the wrong job, forget about the title - only the description is important, there will be a time-limit for your appeal. speak to your union /blah

Thank Post
    Nothing in the post here. Bugger. I know that another school near mine has heard nothing either.

Just because we are furthest from Norwich.

Thank Post
    Seems there's a few 'technician' titles from the poll. I find it crazy that my job is apparently the same as anoter technicians as I have yet to meet another technician that does the same job, working in several schools, more as an engineer / network manager. 2 years ago I started the job, and overall outcome - nothings changed, woopwoop

Thank Post
    Read mine when I got home.

No change for me.

5 years on the same pay scale now.

Lovely.

Ben

Thank Post
    My pay is the same. What a load of rubbish. Took them ages to sort it out just to get the same pay.

Think I better go out to do some begging on the street to raise some cash.

Thank Post
    The little piece of paper says I'm an IT Tech Good to know county got something right regarding my job....

@Cullingsh - I know what you mean, I love the wording of the leaflets and such about how everything was evaluated and this is what they came up with. If they actually did that they would find out what we all ACTUALLY do instead of what they THINK we do!

Thank Post
    I think I got my poll answer wrong, whats this about T18 and T31 / 32 where do you find that out (at the risk of suddenly sounding very thick)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Well if you don't appeal it means you are accepting their decision. I'm not sure but if your appeal is successful, you might be able to get pay backdated?

Remember, you can only appeal on the grounds that they matched you to the wrong job, forget about the title - only the description is important, there will be a time-limit for your appeal. speak to your union /blah

Yeah, I thought more about it last night...I was seething with anger when I posted yesterday, as I had popped home at lunch to see if anything had been delivered. The description of "Technician" seems to point more to a DT Tech, and preparing tools for lessons and making sure if the safe upkeep of them....slightly wrong methinks!

The other reason for me saying not to appeal was the fact it has taken them this long so far to get it wrong..so how long will it take them to get it right!?!

But yeah, I am going to give the MRS team a call when home tonight, and see what they say....chances of it going up are...slim. I suppose the good thing about the Job Description's that they will give will tell me what I should be doing..anything extra the school want me to do..they can pay me for.

Thank Post
    Sorry about the confusion on the job descriptions I thought it would say on the letters which profile you'd been matched to but it doesn't.

If you look on Norfolk Schools - Information about Job Evaluation then you should be able to match your job evaluation number to the profiles listed.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I've just read some of those JE's (note the payscale is part of the filename of the pdf).
    I really think that you should all appeal, because so many of you will be matched to the wrong job even when the title is correct. I don't think the JE's come close to some of the things that techs/NM's do in preparation, planning, research, licensing, line-managment, strategic planning. Especially when compared to the responsibilities of some of the non-IT posts!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullingsh View Post
    I think I got my poll answer wrong, whats this about T18 and T31 / 32 where do you find that out (at the risk of suddenly sounding very thick)
    I've made the same mistake - no mention of Txx codes on my letter and it seems i clicked at random! After consideration, T18 looks most likely though our business manager is sorting it out for me..

Thank Post
    The payscales indicated in the filenames relate to the old payscale which is included in the booklet outline the changes.

I have now been on the same pay scal for the last 5 years but the job and what I do has changed in those 5 years considering what to do now.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast