Poll: What job profile have you been matched to

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Norfolk MRS Affected People in General; It appears that my own "local" Netman Job Description contains elements from both the County's Network Manager AND ICT Technician ...

Thank Post
    It appears that my own "local" Netman Job Description contains elements from both the County's Network Manager AND ICT Technician Job Descriptions - its basically a catch-all. (And of course, no change to my salary...!) Needless to say that I'll be appealing this as I don't have a Tech and do everything myself; it doesn't seem reasonable for me to be matched to the T18 position when Im doing a double role.....

I would echo a point from the conversation I had with my Head today and guide folks to the all-important Page 37 from the MRS brochure; if you are re-evaluated then salaries can go down as well as up, so get ready to justify your roles!!

Comments / Suggestions / Angst welcome!!

-Steve

Jay

Thank Post

backpay

I'm not sure but if your appeal is successful, you might be able to get pay backdated?
    In the PDF document I read online, it specificly states pay increases including appropriate increments are backdated to April 2007 once your final salary is determined unless you leave NCC (schools the same I guess) volentry*. The thing I find most annoying is that peeps who left employment with NCC/Schools by choice after April 2007 are not (it seems) entitled to backpay if the scale rises, I'm not very comfortable with that.

J

*Sorry, I tried to spell it, honest.

Thank Post
    Still waiting for my letter at the mo. Wednesday then hopefully, if not the phones gonna be in use.

Jay

Thank Post
    Mine came Monday, but I'm Sprowston, Norwich. I spent ages looking through the booklet trying to find the bit that said my new scale, then realised the letter was double sided paper...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    Fenscape: The T18 role from what I can see is the best one to be matched to but then it depends on if your score puts you in the lower, middle or upper band.

I for one would like to see how they came to my score for my job as I was never asked for any input into this side of things.

Jay: I didn't think it said that people who left were not going to get back pay just that NCC wasn't going to be sending them letters etc... so if someone you know has left tell them to get in touch.

Still got to go to union members and I suggest everyone votes against it.

Ben

Jay

Thank Post
    The question was asked in the NCC forums a while back (April) and the HR peeps said that only those who retire, leave due to ill health and those made redundent would get back pay. However the unison guy (Jonathan Dunning) said that it was still under discussion and peeps who left NCC could make an equal pay claim, so maybe its changed since.

Edit: Nope, its confirmed in the booklet bottom of page 14 (green bit).
    Last edited by Jay; 22nd October 2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Confirmation

Thank Post
    I too would be interested in seeing how they scored my job, there just seems to be so much more I'm doing than that job description says, maybe thats where I'm going wrong....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12