+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Norfolk Pay Restructure (MRS) has arrived in General; High eveyone, Norfolk Techs and NM's, this one is aimed more at you. Has anyone had their letters yet? I'd ...
    Thank Post

Norfolk Pay Restructure (MRS) has arrived

High eveyone,

Norfolk Techs and NM's, this one is aimed more at you. Has anyone had their letters yet? I'd like to know what the general results are. I'm hoping mine is at home when I eventually get there later on today.

I've heard from one UN-happy NM so far.

Thank Post
    no change for me

Thank Post
    No change here!

Thank Post
    could i ask where abouts you have been scaled. i've been put on scale g. in theory, we should all be there shouldn't we?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    What job description were you matched against T18?

Ben

Thank Post
    yes, t18 i think.

did you get matched to the same one?

Thank Post
    I've no idea yet as my letter is waiting for me at home.

Ben

Thank Post
    For reference :- MRS is located here for Norfolk
    Norfolk Schools - About the Modern Reward Strategy

Scale 'G' is the old Scale '6'. The T18 job descriptions should put all NM's at a minimum of old Scale 'SO1' , 'SO2' or 'SO3' or a two linked of those. This should shift the NM's into the Scale 'H' or above band.

(POST: School ICT Service Manager
    GRADE: SO1 or SO2 or SO3 (or 2 linked grades))
    http://schools.norfolk.gov.uk/myport...r(SO1-2-3).pdf <--- Network Manager

But reading just below the quoted text is
    This is the current grade. Revised Grades will be incorporated on job descriptions on the completion of MRS.
    Looks like anyone above Scale '6' may get dropped in pay. I'm not looking forward to getting my letter from home now. Another dissapointment I reckon, just to make us feel even more undervalued now after it was announced the BSF was on it's way and all NM's and Techie's would be jobless in the near future.

The last bit above is just speculation though.

http://schools.norfolk.gov.uk/myport...eTech(Sc3).pdf <--- School ICT Service Tech

http://schools.norfolk.gov.uk/myport...Admin(Sc3).pdf <---- School ICT Service Admin
    Last edited by ninjabeaver; 20th October 2008 at 02:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Still on the same as I was anyway here. Thing that I'm not happy about is the so called backpay because of the way my contract changed with the school.

I see the tech training allowance has gone aswell (not that I ever saw it in the 4+ years I've been here)

Thank Post
    Thing is I've been matched to T18 yet my letter states the job title is still network manager, how can it be matched to something yet still called the same job.

Plus the pay scale up to point 47 is the same as the old pay scale anyway so I think it was a complete waste of time and anyone that they think should get paid less on the new scale which isn't really new should not lose any money.

Unions still have to ballot their members before it gets implemented though.

Ben

Thank Post
    I've actually gone up a couple of quid, but thats not the point - surely, the point was that we are all the same across the LEA. Obviously there is already discrepancy.....

And as Ben says, this is just a proposal not gospel yet. If you have any queries or objections I think it's a good idea to register them with county - use the number on the back of the letter. I know lots of people are p*ssed off with this and the more noise we make the better.

Thank Post
    Yeah it was to get people doing the same job paid the same.

I've seen 2 letters from cleaner both scored the same points but one is being paid on scale 4 and the other scale 5 work that one out.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post

I've seen 2 letters from cleaner both scored the same points but one is being paid on scale 4 and the other scale 5 work that one out.

Ben
    There is scope in some of the job descriptions for schools to determine the final scale for a member of staff, based on criteria in the description. For example look at the ICT Technician description (i forget which code), where the job is scale x, but if the staff member spends a reasonable amount of time doing learning activities with pupils they can be put up to scale y, with a correspondingly higher wage. From your example, maybe the cleaner on the higher scale takes on more responsibility or longer hours? Things like lettings and overtime are now to be lumped into the role as part of the job description and not paid separately...

On a personal note I'd be glad to see MRS proceed as is - I stand to be a fair amount better off as a result which, if it means i'm being paid in line with others doing the same job in other schools, makes me all the more satisfied with the role. I can see how people might be displeased with the thing, though, especially if they're dropping in wage or been matched to an inaccurate job description. Note, however, that a lot of the job matching was done in consultation with the schools, so if you've been misfiled, so to speak, its not necessarily entirely the fault of the MRS team...

PS All opinions expressed mine and not those of my employer, etc, etc.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post

Ben
    We've already been through JE. Bottom line is the school decides what you get payed, not the council. If the school want to use the coucils low pay offer as a way of getting out of paying you what you are worth thats upto them...

A school only 1 mile from where I work pays over 6k more for the exact same job (NM). The only thing JE seemed to achieve was to take money away from people and generally pish them off, it has not "leveled" the field at all, infact around here it has seemed to make it worse as the highly payed people stayed highly payed due to their HT deciding their wages, while the low payed ones have had thei saleries capped or even decreased as their HTs used the councils gradings as a way of reducing the money they pay out in wages.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 22nd October 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Im guessing 1 thing JE does not take into account is experience?
    just because a ICT Tech A is doing the same in job A as ICT Tech B is doing in their job, doesn't mean they should be paid the same. Tech B might have 10 years ICT Support under their belt, where as tech A is fresh out of college.
    Obviously this doesn't make Tech A any worse at his job, but you pay Tech B a bit more to keep hold of them!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast