+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Dealing Students & Other Staff Split From Students and N in General; I agree with that as supprt staff we often learn by trail and error and over years learn what works ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Dealing Students & Other Staff Split From Students a

I agree with that as supprt staff we often learn by trail and error and over years learn what works and dosn;t..

As for hassle outside of school a word with head will often be enough sometimes as school should support you and they will have quite words with students enough to scare them into not doing it again..

Russ

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    You will find that in most schools all staff within a school are in loco parentis and we all have duty to look after them.

However, there is a difference between a teacher looking after a class and a techie following school disciplinary procedures.

As long as there are disciplinary guidelines in place then all staff should both give and receive the support of other staff. Again ... this is just another of making teachers recognise techies as a crucial part of the school.
    We all have a duty of care to those around us; it is a measure of our humanity. If we see students endangering themselves or others, or trashing equipment then we must intervene, but if I walk past them at the gates having a sly fag I don't regard that as my business. The kids that are in the local shop at lunchtime or morning break (forbidden under school rules) are not my concern, because there are supposed to be teaching staff patrolling and preventing same. Teachers who do these duties, especially at lunch-time, get a free meal from the canteen. I don't get a lunch-break, I'm expected to be on call all the time. I asked the Head if I could get a free meal too, but was slapped down, or rather, to be truthful, ignored. Same thing really.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

@ssimstar well i think in your case there are underlieng issues here such as you are entitled to lunch break by law...

As for 'having a fag' teachers will not do anythign they will dow hat i do and say 'that you shouldn't smoke that rubbish...' (no offense to any smokers)..

As for out in town if may not need to challenege them but I suspect your are under a morel and maybe legal obligation to report it...

if anything happened to student and anyone found out you saw them and did not report it you could be found gulity of gross misconduct due not reporting it....

It comes down to if you want same conditions and pay rates as teachers you have to work some simlaiir rules..

russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123