+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, How often do you lose your temper in General; Originally Posted by mark That's atrocious behavior. I hope he was made to apologise to you in front of those ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    That's atrocious behavior. I hope he was made to apologise to you in front of those students too.

I've never raised my voice to a teacher/ client. If I get stressed I start swearing a lot to myself. Well I've shouted across a classroom to a kid for using the DVD Drive as a paper holder - and the teacher, a good friend, went very red as she'd been teaching all her classes to do that! LOL

It's a Victorian attitude to shout at people. "a sign of a public school education" as one of the teachers at my school says

Modern educational methods are all about positive reinforcement and encouragement. Modern parenting too.
    Well, it shouldn't be that unusual that the victorians had more of a clue about certain things than we do.......

They were miles better housebuilders for one.

Thank Post
    I have lost my temper twice, once because a member of the SMT came and and called me a useless piece of s*** - because she dropped her laptop and lost all of her work.

The second time was when a member of staff insisted that I went to the shop down the road and brought some batteries for the school cameras. It was raining, it was last thing on Friday and I had just recieved some bad news.

If I do get annoyed at someone I grit my teeth and bear it and just keep thinking (5 hours till home time..... 4 hours 59 minutes till home time..... 4 hours 58 minutes till home time..... )

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I sometimes think that me, elsiegee and chrbb are actually the same person living in parallel universes - just about everything you both say applies to me too!

@witch - the same thought has crossed my mind more than once!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by button_ripple View Post
    I have lost my temper twice, once because a member of the SMT came and and called me a useless piece of s*** - because she dropped her laptop and lost all of her work
    If that had been said to me I'd have made a formal complaint and yanked the unions in. Hope you did.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123