+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Multi laptop bag in General; hello all, We have a guy who works in our science department who goes out to the local primaries to ...

Thank Post

Multi laptop bag

hello all,

We have a guy who works in our science department who goes out to the local primaries to do loads of science stuff with them (were a specialst science school) ,

anyways hes in the process of purchasing a load of those lego technics robots that you have to program to move about, and some laptops to run the software now he asked me if there is avaliable some sort of laptop bag/case that can hold like 5 laptops so he doesnt have 10 individual laptops in there own bags in his car, i have found this Pelican 1620 shipping & carrying cases, airtight and watertight but that is way too high tech and expensivefor what we need, i just want a simple bag that will hold a few laptops, was wondering if any of you lads know of anything?

cheers Dave

Thank Post
    In all honesty for what you're after that seems fairly reasonable cost wise (sidestepping the shipping).

If you're going to go a DIY route I'd have said a suitcase of the right sort of dimensions and some of those laptop pockets I've seen around (can't remember where sorry) that you just slip the laptop into and then store. You'd still be looking at close to, if not more than the cost of that thing you linked to so I don't see you've much choice.

Thinking about it, £80 for something that protects £1000+ of equipment seems a pretty cheap price really..

Thank Post
    Now that I've worked out that NoScript was blocking the prices/parts of the site , they do dedicated multi-laptop carriers (somewhat more expensive, though!).

There seems to be a few UK distributors, but the "$ price = £ price" rule seems to apply . I'd be tempted to get one for my laptop and tools when my current one goes. On the other hand, I might end up getting stopped as a potential terrorist!

Otherwise, what about taking a look at flight cases from your local sound/dj/lighting place? Might also be worth contacting your LEA - ours loans out Macs in suitable cases so (presumably) bought them from somewhere, yours may know of a supplier. If not, I could ask our lot where they got theirs from - don't hold your breath on an answer, though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    In all honesty for what you're after that seems fairly reasonable cost wise (sidestepping the shipping).

If you're going to go a DIY route I'd have said a suitcase of the right sort of dimensions and some of those laptop pockets I've seen around (can't remember where sorry) that you just slip the laptop into and then store. You'd still be looking at close to, if not more than the cost of that thing you linked to so I don't see you've much choice.

Thinking about it, £80 for something that protects £1000+ of equipment seems a pretty cheap price really..
    yer thats what i was thinking one of those suitcases on wheels

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,507 Posts
    Lapsafe used to have a product called the Traveller Mk II but I can't see it on their website now.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Ive found some of the rucksacks take 2 or 3 laptops, so reduced the number of bags a bit but the suitcase option would be a good one.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davyboi View Post
    yer thats what i was thinking one of those suitcases on wheels
    You want a good old fashioned shopping cart - the kind your granny used to wheel down to the shops on a Saturday. You can even get them in varying types of tartan.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

9. Thanks to RabbieBurns from:

dhicks (19th October 2008)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread