+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Video & Audio Streaming Server in General; Hi Folks, I currently have a requirement to get a school based video and audio streaming server off the ground, ...

Thank Post

Video & Audio Streaming Server

Hi Folks,

I currently have a requirement to get a school based video and audio streaming server off the ground, and as per usual I have zero budget! I've had some experience in setting up standard streaming services like Windows Media Services and Darwin etc, but usually for a specific purpose (eg stream the school radio station etc).

What I am effectively looking for is a You Tube clone, and I've had a look at PHPmotion and it looks pretty good. The only issue I have is that we are primarily a Windows site and PHPmotion has been developed and tested for a Linux environment. I don't have an issue with setting up a Linux box (I've used Ubuntu server in the past), but it makes life awkward given that we have several Windows boxes that are effectively "ready to go".

I was involved in setting up ClickView at one of the schools we look after, and this would be great if it were free! However, a web interface would be better as we have very limited numbers in terms of support staff, and school wide fat client rollouts can really eat into our time (even when we rollout apps via GPO or SMS!).

Any information with regards to this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenny

Thank Post
    We have a PHP based FLV player with which we serve about 3 - 4 video files, the teacher who used it has left.

It was something like this: Free FLV Player. Download the Applian FLV Player or this http://www.videospark.com/index.php?ssp=24 although it wasn't either of these, it was similar, and there's a few about.

You need to be able to convert videos to this format, for which we used Super: SUPER . free, but because of the way their server works, you probably can't download at work (it won't download through a proxy).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by User3204 View Post
    free, but because of the way their server works, you probably can't download at work (it won't download through a proxy).
    Yes that is a fun game you play with that site. Took me a while to realise :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread