+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, I'm pregnant in General; I just little concerned what my network manager is going to say when I tell him. My boss is lovely ...

Thank Post

I'm pregnant

I just little concerned what my network manager is going to say when I tell him. My boss is lovely but I don't think he is going to be very pleased at having to find someone to cover my post for a year. My due date is in April.

I work at a fanastic school. Its a special school and it has a great atmosphere and lots of interesting kit. The pay is peanuts though. I think it would suit an industial placement student, but the job needs someone who is exceptionally calm and the maturity to cope with special needs kids.

Thank Post
    Congratulations.

As a female you are entitled to maternity leave, I am sure if your boss is lovely everything will be fine.

Its your time to take off to get ready for the baby coming and to enjoy time with him / her once you have had it.

I don't have children myself, but they are a lot on here that have had sons / daughters recently and they will tell you that although it is hard - they love father / mother hood.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Congrats

Luckily us men get it dead easy when it comes to pregnancy part think all I suffered was dislocated wrist and scorn of midwife when I discreetly tried to put it back into place

Advice start saving and as DB will tell you if got any spare money put some into shares of company that produces the pink elixir (calpol) as you forget how it cures everything and those shareholders must be very rich people..

Russ

Thank Post
    Calpol have an even bigger range now, covering colds, coughs and other things.

I would recommend the Dr Browns bottles though that are supposed to help reduce colic. We purchased the avent bottle kit first off before the little un was born and he suffered really bad with colic in the first few months. I particularly remember one bad night. We then switched over to the Dr Browns bottles on recommendation from someone i worked with and it almost removed his colic entirely.

@ Russ. I ended up in a headlock during my wifes pregnancy. It was most exhausting
    :-)
    I do remember the birth like it was yesterday. I have a picture of my son 4 minutes after birth, with his eyes wide open. Amazing it was.

Thank Post
    Congrats.

If your place is anything like mine then your post won't be covered - it seems only teaching staff get that side of things (and the EWO who's perpetually pregnant)

HBJB

Thank Post
    I hope you enjoy your baby, as she or he will grow up so fast, trust me.i have a boy of 3 and a girl who is just 2 years old . Treasure the moments always best of luck and try not to worry about work as that can wait...
    Last edited by Netware; 19th August 2008 at 08:46 PM.

Thank Post
    I have a six year old boy. I am planning to stock on medised which is now illegal for under twos, but it did my son no harm. Medised is suppposely for colds, but its great at sending screaming small kids to sleep. Hence nanny Gordon Brown/ Tony Blair banned it for under twos.

I think my school will have to get someone. My boss is part time and there is no other technicans.

Thank Post
    Congratulations.

Your boss (hopefully) will know better than to say anything other than the same. As others have said - mat leave is your right. It may be a PITA for him but it is the law!

Thank Post
    congrats

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frances View Post
    My boss is lovely but I don't think he is going to be very pleased at having to find someone to cover my post for a year.
    Like you say, it sounds perfect for a placement student or similar, with you acting as a work-at-home consultant.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Congratulations. As it happens I'm due to become an Uncle at some point in the next 3 or so weeks...right as I go back to work...

My sister's living in the same house as I am at the moment...crying baby...this isn't going to be fun.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,767 Posts
    Congratulations frances...

The school will cope in your absence and while your boss may be dismayed, he cannot discriminate against you; you need to take care of yourself and try not to worry. Now's the time to make sure you've written everything down... not so much for whoever covers for you, but for yourself when sleepless nights before and after mean you forget the most basic stuff occasionally!

I remember when I was expecting my first (She's 15 now), I was working in Tech Support for an Insurance Company... 35 blokes and 2 women. They had no idea! I was the first team member ever to require maternity leave! Fortunately things have improved somewhat in the last 15 years...

Wishing you every happiness with your new family. It's one great big adventure! Enjoy!

Lin

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    congratumalations and such!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well Done you and All the Best From All Of Us @ CPLTD

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Congratulations

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread