+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
General Chat Thread, New Job in Preston in General; In a little over three weeks I will be starting a new position at a school just north of Preston, ...
  1. #1
    ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waterfoot, Rossendale
    Posts
    309
    Thank Post
    70
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    22

    New Job in Preston

    In a little over three weeks I will be starting a new position at a school just north of Preston, having worked at a school in North Yorkshire for the past 4 years I have a couple of question.

    1.Does anyone know what wave schools in Preston are for BSF?

    2.What kind of ICT services does the LEA provide, I have heard about CLEO.

    3.In my current position I have always found it useful to speak to or visit other schools and colleges in the area, would anyone be willing either through here or once I start in post to give me some contact details for a visit?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    91
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    what school is it mate?

  3. #3
    ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waterfoot, Rossendale
    Posts
    309
    Thank Post
    70
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Broughton Business & Enterprise College start 20th August

  4. #4
    petectid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    298
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    Welcome to Lancashire, although there are many users from lancs on here visit this site aswell here. I think BSF has started already in Preston?
    Last edited by petectid; 25th July 2008 at 01:18 PM.

  5. Thanks to petectid from:

    ticker (28th July 2008)

  6. #5

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,428
    Thank Post
    1,534
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Rep Power
    305
    Wish you the best of luck in the new job, what are they doing about your job? Are you being replaced or just spreading the load around?

  7. #6

    Ric_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    7,597
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 770 Times in 598 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Get yourself on the forum mentioned above - you'll see a lot of the same names on there as you do here.

    Once you have had a chat with people on the LGfL DG forums you may find it useful to give a certain Chris Byers at the Lancashire Schools ICT Centre a ring. Chris will point you in the right direction for most things Lancs-based.

    If you need a hand with anything else, contact me and we can have a chat - you're always welcome to visit too (I'm in Poulton - about 25 mins from Broughton).

  8. Thanks to Ric_ from:

    ticker (28th July 2008)

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    98
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Good luck, you'll have a hard time replacing me.

    See you augest 20th.

  10. #8
    ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waterfoot, Rossendale
    Posts
    309
    Thank Post
    70
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Wish you the best of luck in the new job, what are they doing about your job? Are you being replaced or just spreading the load around?
    Probably spread the load around

  11. #9
    ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waterfoot, Rossendale
    Posts
    309
    Thank Post
    70
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    Get yourself on the forum mentioned above - you'll see a lot of the same names on there as you do here.

    Once you have had a chat with people on the LGfL DG forums you may find it useful to give a certain Chris Byers at the Lancashire Schools ICT Centre a ring. Chris will point you in the right direction for most things Lancs-based.

    If you need a hand with anything else, contact me and we can have a chat - you're always welcome to visit too (I'm in Poulton - about 25 mins from Broughton).
    Cheers Ric, once i get settled in i may well contact you, are you in the last two weeks of the summer holidays?

  12. #10
    ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waterfoot, Rossendale
    Posts
    309
    Thank Post
    70
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by el8linuxel8 View Post
    Good luck, you'll have a hard time replacing me.

    See you augest 20th.
    i wondered if either of you two guys would be on here, i am sure we will have a hard time replacing you. Look forward to seeing you August 20th.
    When do you finish at BBEC!

  13. #11

    Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fylde, Lancs, UK.
    Posts
    11,850
    Thank Post
    110
    Thanked 598 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    227
    I'm just down the road from Ric, so I can help you if you need it too.

    Lancashire BSF info is here:

    Lancashire County Council Building Schools for the Future (BSF)

    Preston Schools are Group B, which means Waves 4-6 (due to commence post 2010). Although I can't see yours listed. Are you a FE college?

  14. #12
    ticker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Waterfoot, Rossendale
    Posts
    309
    Thank Post
    70
    Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I'm just down the road from Ric, so I can help you if you need it too.

    Lancashire BSF info is here:

    Lancashire County Council Building Schools for the Future (BSF)

    Preston Schools are Group B, which means Waves 4-6 (due to commence post 2010). Although I can't see yours listed. Are you a FE college?
    nope we are their on the PDF map right at the top other side of the M55.

  15. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    634
    Thank Post
    11
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    nope we are their on the PDF map right at the top other side of the M55.

    Lol! So is Tulketh, guess they'd better update that

    Andy

  16. #14

    Ric_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    7,597
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 770 Times in 598 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    Cheers Ric, once i get settled in i may well contact you, are you in the last two weeks of the summer holidays?
    Most probably... always seem to be here.




SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Coming to Preston by train
    By Dos_Box in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23rd May 2008, 10:37 AM
  2. News about Preston Schools
    By Geoff in forum BSF
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th August 2007, 03:02 PM
  3. ICT Technician - Preston
    By philtomo in forum Educational IT Jobs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th March 2007, 10:51 AM
  4. IT Technician job available in Preston
    By MManjra in forum Educational IT Jobs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th January 2007, 12:48 PM
  5. Preston Signs
    By Preston in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 26th April 2006, 04:51 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •