+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, What's your musical taste ? in General; Originally Posted by ahuxham I'll actually reply now I have a bit more time instead of Kiss 101.. Green Day, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 971 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post
    I'll actually reply now I have a bit more time instead of Kiss 101..

Green Day, Panic At The Disco, 36 Crazyfists, Nickelback, Stone Sour, Boys Like Girls, American Head Charge, System Of A Down

Pendulum, Arman van Buuren, Tiesto, Pavo (vocal female hardhouse/techno/hardstyle/jumpstyle etc) I do like bass!

Katy Perry, Imogen Heap (Frou Frou), Tracy Chapman etc etc.
    yes to nickel back, system of a down, tiesto , pendulum and tracy chapman.

Disturbed, Korn, Syfin, mudvayne just to name a few others, guns and roses

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    yes to nickel back, system of a down, tiesto , pendulum and tracy chapman.

Disturbed, Korn, Syfin, mudvayne just to name a few others, guns and roses
    Well, I'd add Mudvayne as well. Honestly I'll listen to anything really and like it, if it sounds good, I'm hooked.

My favourite song for the last few months = [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEl5RGnfEc"]YouTube - The Real Soggy Bottom Boys, Man Of Constant Sorrow[/ame]

Always loved the song, and now have quite a few Soggy Bottom Boys songs on CD, I love driving to work screaming along

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not a huge fan of modern music really, despite my age, other than trance Tiesto, corsten, van-buuren, sasha & digweed, BT and all their respective aliases. Occassionally, for reasons beyond comprehension I end up with a bit of a taste for some real early to mid 90's Happy Hardcore

Other than that - Genesis (Gabriel & Collins), Phil himself, Queen, Floyd, Mac.
    Odd mix

Thank Post
    I listen to most things, we'll usually have the radio on whist we work.

I have however, banned heart radio. Utter crap, the same 10 songs on loop ALL DAY LONG. You could have the best song ever but you'd go quietly insane after hearing it as often as they replay them on heart. It was really bad that even after the 6 week summer break, they still had the same 10 songs on loop.

Been listening to absolute radio a bit more, they have a no repeat policy between 9 and 5 which is perfect for me, although they like to repeat that every 5 seconds, lol.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Odd selection here 57 generss about 460 artisits in my itunes.

But as rules Blues, Jazz, 80/90s rock and country.

Few favs B.B King, Blues Traveller, Blues Brothers (mainly as they got me into blues music), John lee Hooker, Katie Melua, Norah Jones, big and rich, Gretchen Wilson, Gary Allen, Jools Holland, Lonestar, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf and Madness.

One thing I regret was not seeing B.B King this year being that I think it is unlikely he tour the UK again.

Russ
    Russ

Thank Post
    mainly electronica/trance for me.

most of the trance from the 90s/early 00s seems to be miles better than a lot of the stuff today which all sounds the same to me.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    looking at the Albums on my mp3 player at the moment I have everything from

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Stone Roses, Kasabian, Guns n Roses, Ian Brown, Pearl Jam,
    Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Kings of Leon, , Coldplay, Nirvana, Oasis, Radiohead, RHCP, Stereophonics, The Music, The View, The Fratellis, The Zutons,

and on a electronic tip Ive got the likes of Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, Kraftwerk, Slam, Silicone Soul, The Prodigy, DJ Yoda, Octave one, Modeleslektor, and a load of live sets from other DJs

to some 1993 Fantazia live sets featuring Ultra Sonic, Bass Generator and some other oldschool Rave artists...

Bit of an eclectic taste I have

8. Thanks to RabbieBurns from:

mac_shinobi (28th October 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    p.s

I would say for anyone who has kids Mr Mum by lonestar is probably the truest video around.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1TTXdsCtvw"]YouTube - Lonestar - Mr. Mom[/nomedia]

I also think that the video Tough Little Boys from Gary Allan video one of the best videos around.

Maybe not to liking of some peoples tastes on here

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzmgAM8rIgo"]YouTube - Gary Allan - Tough Little Boys[/nomedia]
    Last edited by russdev; 27th October 2009 at 10:27 PM.

Thank Post
    I appreciate most genres but mostly tend to head in the direction of Rap.
    A few artist in no particular order (Sorry about the huge space - wasn't intending on embedded youtube videos happening with my links!)[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaCyEi_xMsE&feature=related"]YouTube - Eminem - My Darling (2009)[/ame], D12, Dizzee Rascal, Ludacris, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrX5bUFpVtE"]YouTube - Plan B - Mama[/ame] (UK Rapper / Singer not US band), [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSynz-iSyvo"]YouTube - N-Dubz - Everyday Of My Life ((Perfect Quality))[/ame], [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEPUUYZGR8A"]YouTube - Hollywood Undead- The Loss (With Lyrics!)[/ame], Linkin Park, LL Cool J, Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes etc! All of those might not seem varied but my taste extends to more alternative stuff like Rammstien, Slipknot, and Fightstar right through to George Michael, Five and Michael Jackson!

PS - Check out the hyperlinks - I've gone for some non-mainstream tracks!
    Last edited by mb2k01; 27th October 2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Insert an apology!

Thank Post
    Not so much genre specific, more a fan of specific artists/songs.

Enigma
    Gregorian
    Deep Forest
    Daft Punk
    Jens Gad (Achillea, Enigmatic Obsession)
    Air
    Schiller
    Dead can Dance
    E.S. Posthumus
    Lesiem
    Era

Also have quite a lot of film and game soundtracks.

Thank Post
    The main part of my listening is based around the bands that started with the British R&B movement in the '60s. So Clapton, Floyd, The Who, Stones, etc. Add to that English Electric Folk, Fairport, Steeleye etc. and you get a fair idea. I'll give most things a chance, but always remember that "Rap" is spelt with a silent "C".

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    I'll give most things a chance, but always remember that "Rap" is spelt with a silent "C".
    You can't truely appreciate art if you're walking around with one eye closed!

Thank Post
    Everything, From some very nice relaxing classical to banging Lisa Lashes mixes of hard house, to rap from the Cypres Hill to Bass feeds fromt he latest Dubstep.

Depends on my mood really, forexam ple when I skate (inline) I like some 'banging' dance type music to keep me pumped and commited to each trick, as not commital causes too much injury.

This is a recent skating favourite I have on my Ipod, nothing like dropping a 14ft vert with this in your ears.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozV_vWXZgZY"]YouTube - Adele - Hometown Glory (High Contrast Remix)[/ame]

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information