+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Help Needed: iT4Communities - vote by 22 Jul to help their funding in General; Help required:- As you may be aware, iT4Communities has been having some funding problems. We lost our government funding when ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Help Needed: iT4Communities - vote by 22 Jul to help their funding

Help required:-

As you may be aware, iT4Communities has been having some funding problems. We lost our government funding when Capacity Builders decided that national programmes should not support front line voluntary organisations directly. Now you and I know that services and systems like iT4C can only sensibly operate on a national scale (if not an international one?) and that we and you do serve front line voluntary organisations and charities directly. But that's water under the bridge now.

Right now, we've been short listed in a competition to win up to 20,000 of funding from MoneySavingExpert.com. We've done incredibly well to get this far - there were over 600 entries and we're in the final twelve. We need you to vote for us Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more now! The four charities with the most votes when the poll closes on Tuesday 22nd July will become MoneySavingExpert's chosen charities for the year.

We have helped a lot of the most popular charities mentioned MoneySavingExpert's short list (34 projects for the current top 5 in the poll and their associates) but we serve you and them rather than the public directly so we are not as well known as the other short listed charities in the MoneySavingExpert list.

If every one of our 5000+ volunteers voted for us we'd have a great chance of being in the top four. So please go to Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more to vote for us NOW! No automation please, I know that it's a temptation if you know how but please resist it! On the other hand, do encourage your friends and colleagues to vote for us by passing this message on.

And if we win? We'll use the funding to define more projects, help more projects to completion and encourage more volunteering to help voluntary organisations with their IT needs. So everybody benefits!

We are still, of course, hunting for corporate sponsorship too so please get in touch if you can help here - or know someone who can. Leads are mostly what we need. We'll follow up.

John I. Davies
    iT4Communities Programme Director
    Mobile: +44 7736 798802
    Phone: +44 20 7796 2144
    Email: john@wcit.org.uk
    Home - iT4Communities
    "Introducing IT professionals wanting to volunteer their skills to charities
    needing IT help"
    Email: john@wcit.org.uk
    39a Bartholomew Close, London EC1A 7JN
    iT4Communities is a programme of the Information Technologists Company,
    Worshipful Company of Information Technologists : Information Technologists' Company - Home.

Thank Post
    I've voted for them but they look likely to struggle to get in the top 4 of those listed.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I voted for them too, it does look like a bit of an uphill battle though

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They will struggle to match the following of Help For Heroes.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I do agree voted after I posted the op..

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I had a follow-up to this via a very nice email from development guys for IT4C thanking us for voting even through as stated in this thread very unlikely to get the funding.

But he did say that would like to remind members of two things one that our skills are important so if got time do get involved.

But also if schools want to use the service to get an expert on something due to in-house not having the skills (or want someone to work with the in-house staff to improve the school and in-house staff skill set etc). Then as long as request comes from a PTA (who they class as non-profit) then school use the service etc

Russell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread