+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
General Chat Thread, Diaries in General; I for one use a paper diary, it's a shedload easier then booting up a laptop every time you need ...
    Thank Post
    I for one use a paper diary, it's a shedload easier then booting up a laptop every time you need to organise yourself yes i know it doesn't take *that* long but even 1 minute is a load longer than the 2 seconds it takes to take it out of my bag and open it to todays date. PLUS i don't like the fact that people can just arrange a meeting when they see i have a space. I want them to have to ring me or to tell me in person and i'll write it down.

It appears that we're trying to make an electrinic soloution to a problem that doesn't really exist except for in the heads of these people who need to "network" and "brainstorm" and other management-esque speak. If you want to make life harder for already stressed out staff go ahead, put in an electronic diary and force people to use it. If, on the other hand you value your life, keep the laptop to yourself, stop telling everyone how electronic is easier and just leave everyone how they feel most comfortable.

Bloody Meddling people!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 2,021 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroman View Post
    It appears that we're trying to make an electrinic soloution to a problem that doesn't really exist except for in the heads of these people who need to "network" and "brainstorm" and other management-esque speak. If you want to make life harder for already stressed out staff go ahead, put in an electronic diary and force people to use it. If, on the other hand you value your life, keep the laptop to yourself, stop telling everyone how electronic is easier and just leave everyone how they feel most comfortable.

Bloody Meddling people!
    Sorry, but that is my job. As part of my job (it is in my job description), I am supposed to spot things that people do that cause problems and propose possible solutions (if there are any ICT) or pass them on to someone who can come up with a solution. This is one of the areas that causes significant problems...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information