+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Dear Admins in General; Grommit, what exactly is your problem here? You have had the rules explained, you have had reasons why those rules ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,981 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Grommit, what exactly is your problem here? You have had the rules explained, you have had reasons why those rules are there and why they are enforced, why do you keep dragging it up?

The simple fact of the matter is that if you don't swear, act like a professional then you will not be given infractions. If you do, you will. Seems simple and sensible to me.

Thank Post
    Hypothermia and hypermenorrhea are different things...

Never-the-less... give it a rest Grommit, there is a limit. Heck, I actually tend to agree with most of your work-related opinions, and defiantly think we need to be careful of becoming to puritanical, but now you're just trying to wind people up. Seriously, that's the behaviour of a Y10 comprehensive kid, not an IT professional.

Mumble under your breath and swear about what goes on here if you really want to, but you must like it here to stay, just keep it off the forum aye? You're not going to cause a U-turn on what is, and isn't, acceptable here. Hate it, but live with it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    Oh Grommit do give it a rest. You got an infraction, deal with it. Also I'm sorry but using numbers as letters so that you can still post the foul language is pointless.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I'm not impressed by either, your insult should at least make sense not just be a random pile of words. How exactly do you get a pile of hypothermia?
    well if one squatted for a bit when ready and then what produced would be a small pile... leave that for a week and it would start to fester..

<:-I

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Grommit, what exactly is your problem here? You have had the rules explained, you have had reasons why those rules are there and why they are enforced, why do you keep dragging it up?

The simple fact of the matter is that if you don't swear, act like a professional then you will not be given infractions. If you do, you will. Seems simple and sensible to me.

My problem is that some of you lot have become a bunch of boring old farts .... what's happened to the fun and passion of this forum... it is now so droll and corporate...

And if you lot think saying S*** is "foul" and "shocking* language then you are a bunch of sad pretentious drama queens..

also it seems some of the mods get a kick out of being the "Policeman" and passing punishments on this site, like they need some bizarre power trip (like school prefects).... "I smite you with an infraction because I am a forum god/mod... (not please watch your language) but an infraction from a mod with a hard ** ..... that's what really grated me at the start was the way in which it was done

I remember when Mattx had something good to say.. but it's all been killed off now.. sanitised into blandness

That's my problem
    Last edited by Grommit; 16th July 2008 at 11:48 PM.

6. Thanks to Grommit from:

Oops_my_bad (19th July 2008)

Thank Post
    oops!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alan-d View Post
    oops!

Yeah now look what you've started!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,981 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit View Post
    My problem is that some of you lot have become a bunch of boring old farts .... what's happened to the fun and passion of this forum... it is now so droll and corporate...

And if you lot think saying S*** is "foul" and "shocking* language then you are a bunch of sad pretentious drama queens..

also it seems some of the mods get a kick out of being the "Policeman" and passing punishments on this site, like they need some bizarre power trip (like school prefects).... "I smite you with an infraction because I am a forum god/mod... (not please watch your language) but an infraction from a mod with a hard ** ..... that's what really grated me at the start was the way in which it was done

I remember when Mattx had something good to say.. but it's all been killed off now.. sanitised into blandness

That's my problem
    I can see your point but you seem to be ignoring everyone else's. Infractions didn't exist in a technical sense with the old site, as the software didn't include that functionality. Instead it was warnings via PM I believe and then just being banned. Now we have a more structured system which gives people more of a chance to be more civil. I prefer this structured system to the old one as it is possible to define limits and enforce them uniformly.

As has been said, many of us use this site as a professional development site and as such, having posts with inappropriate language (and by inappropriate language, I would say even using numbers in your words, or terms like you suggested earlier would be included) in them lowers the likelihood of acceptance by our managers - I'm pretty sure my manager wouldn't see posts with swearing in as being helpful to a professional.

There is still a good amount of fun around here, but fun doesn't have to involve what you want it to.

And the Mods are doing a good job, enforcing the rules of the site like they are supposed to. If you have a problem with the way a particular mod has behaved, I would suggest you take it up with the admins, privately, rather than constantly ranting about it publicly.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Posted via Mobile Device
    grommit, are you saying that the community using the site has changed or that you don't like the changes?

I'll put it as bluntly as possible. You moan and whinge about so many things that quite a few people can't be bothered to listen to what you have to say, even when you do make valid points (yes folks ... There are plenty of times when he talks sense ... Usually when he is not trying to generate FUD!)

You want people to listen to us and accept us as experts in our field and then have a go at mods and admins when they try to get the forums to be somewhere that Capita, Microsoft, Sun, etc can get a good view about how we work in schools and how *they* need to work.

Yes... We know you hate RM. We know you hate their response on bsf.

If you want to be taken seriously then change your approach, and that means your language.

You have been asked privately and publically that if you want to get more involved with the site you can do, as those times when you are eloquent and use professional language you could be of great benefit to the site, but when you start trolling... It is boring, pointless and a waste of our time responding to you. You aren't even funny anymore.

Get over it!
    Last edited by Ric_; 17th July 2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Spelling Tony!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    grommit, are you saying that the community using the site has changed or that you don't like the changes?

I'll put it as bluntly as possible. You moan and whinge about so many things that quite a few people can't be bothered to listen to what you have to say, even when you do make valid points (yes folks ... There are plenty of times when he talks sense ... Usually when he is not trying to generate FUD!)

You want people to listen to us and accept us as experts in our field and then have a go at mods and admins when they try to get the forums to be somewhere that Capita, Microsoft, Sun, etc can get a good view about how we work in schools and how *they* need to work.

Yes... We know you hate RM. We know you hate their response on bsf.

If you want to be taken seriously then change your approach, and that means your language.

You have been asked privately and publically that if you want to get more involved with the site you can do, as those times when you are eloquent and use professional language you could be of great benefit to the site, but when you start trolling... It is boring, pointless and a waste of our time responding to you. You aren't even funny anymore.

Get over it!
    Oh dear the Great Edugeek Fence Sitter Guru Grumbledook has spoken... let us all quake in reverence..

I was the first one that bought to your attention how serious a threat the BSF would be to us.. I had to ask on numerous occasious for someone in Edugeek to make a BSF forum for christ's sake...

You lot just did nothing and when you did you still put the forum right at the bottom of the forums in "Fun Stuff" under games ?!?

BSF Topic

But anyway I digress... I'm bored now *yawn*

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit
    Oh dear the Great Edugeek Fence Sitter Guru Grumbledook has spoken... let us all quake in reverence..
    Doesn't look like he's sitting on the fence about you though grommit!
    Seriously mate, grow up!

Thank Post
    Can I suggest someone uses the as this is now so far off topic its half way to Wolf 359!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Can I suggest someone uses the as this is now so far off topic its half way to Wolf 359!
    A very good suggestion... and so it shall be done

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One thing, we now have a troll smilie

Thanks SYNACK

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12