+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Yippee... in General; I am now officially on holiday until 1st Sept... I thought this day wouldn't come.....lol I am going to be ...
    Thank Post

Yippee...

I am now officially on holiday until 1st Sept... I thought this day wouldn't come.....lol
    I am going to be doing a sundance in my garden tomorrow so hopefully I wont be stuck in for 6 weeks....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    I do like that MasterCard advert that's on at the moment "School's Out..."

The staff heurtling out of the building as the bell goes!

It's exactly how I feel!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad to hear some people have the whole six weeks off.. alright for some..

will you have a holiday for me too please.. and u can do the sundance on my behalf

have a good break. i have about 1 week off lol

james.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i have about 1 week off lol
    Your lucky with that i am in all the holidays

Thank Post
    I have the 6 weeks but a small matter of a wedding in the middle of it all to throw total chaos into the mix... The honeymoon and the enforced "take a laptop and you're a dead man!" rules will make it well worth it... Oh and of course the fact that's she's a lovely woman!...

Is it bad that I know the weeks, days and hours till I'm officially non-single?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-Greatermanchester View Post
    Yea i only have that week off and that's only due to the fact the school are having the electricity turned off as some maintenance it being undertook.. and even then now i am being told i might be in during that week sometime to re-arrange our servers while there down :\

All good fun!

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    I'm off a week as well, some of us have lots of work to do.

Thank Post
    We finish at 12 on Friday - hopefully get 4 weeks on hol this year! I love term time only contracts!

Thank Post
    I'm paid term time only but will have to come in to do some major stuff on the server, which will take the best part of the first week

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    Depends whether you are excitedly counting off the minutes, or silently dreading each moment that brings you closer to the dread day

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-Greatermanchester View Post
    The difference between those of you working and those of us not working is that you are being paid. While I get paid monthly, my salary is for term time only plus two weeks work spread across the school holidays. I'm doing 6 days in the summer break. I'm not complaining about being paid less, that's my choice! It works with my family.

Kids here finish at 12 noon today! YIPPEE!!!!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    I have the 6 weeks but a small matter of a wedding in the middle of it all to throw total chaos into the mix... The honeymoon and the enforced "take a laptop and you're a dead man!" rules will make it well worth it... Oh and of course the fact that's she's a lovely woman!...

Congrats on the up coming wedding. The invite to forums members must have got lost in the fasthost fiasco

Thank Post
    I'm paid term time only but will have to come in to do some major stuff on the server, which will take the best part of the first week
    yeah same here, a server 2008 + 11 laptops to set up, an ICT Suite to re-image, licencing issues to sort out, various other jobs, cabling installs happeneing, projector installs and so on.

The difference between those of you working and those of us not working is that you are being paid
    yup, I agree, I'm paid term-time only, as is the techie, so when we come in during holidays to do work it is totally off our own back to do; personally I take a hit of about-2k from not working during the Summer holiday.
    Still, I'd rather spend a few days in voluntarily to save weeks' worth of headaches from staff complaining that the Servers / Network is down due to maintenance during term time

Plus it'll be nice to set the Suite to defrag and spend the 45 minutes it takes playing my Wii on the projector screen

Thank Post

Congrats I have my wedding in 23 days but I don't have any time off in the holidays apart from a booked week off for the honeymoon. We have 80 odd PC's to install/replace and a VLAN to setup for the kids to bring in there laptops next year to do.....hope we have enough time!!!

"take a laptop and you're a dead man!" rules.... I like it, yes I will be abiding too

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread