+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Ipod / mp3 / mp4 in General; Hey guys.. What do you guys think i should buy? i cant make my mind up ... ipod looks ok, ...

Thank Post

Ipod / mp3 / mp4

Hey guys..

What do you guys think i should buy? i cant make my mind up ...

ipod looks ok, but i have herd people complain about iTunes a lot, so it kind of puts me of.. but if the ipod is worth it then i would just have to put up with it.

mp3 player, is what i used to have, a memory stick shaped one, although im looking for a iPod style mp3, although the only ones i could find was kind of pricey for that type of touch style.

mp4, i believe the only extra thing for this is the video quality ect, or is there more too it?

i need to buy one tonight, going up north tomorrow, so off to spend more money..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodsworth View Post
    Hey guys..

What do you guys think i should buy? i cant make my mind up ...

ipod looks ok, but i have herd people complain about iTunes a lot, so it kind of puts me of.. but if the ipod is worth it then i would just have to put up with it.

mp3 player, is what i used to have, a memory stick shaped one, although im looking for a iPod style mp3, although the only ones i could find was kind of pricey for that type of touch style.

mp4, i believe the only extra thing for this is the video quality ect, or is there more too it?

i need to buy one tonight, going up north tomorrow, so off to spend more money..
    iPod's are great. Personally, if your contract on your phone also faills in term, iPhone 3G are a bargain at £99 (8Gb) or £159 (16Gb) considering you used to use a memory stick one your not using more than 4Gb at a guess.

Ive heard good things about Sony Walkman as well, but have personally only owned an iPod and Sony Walkman phone.

edit - iPod / iPhone also plays M4P videos, MP3, AAC and will convert WAV with iTunes as well.

Thank Post
    I have an Ipod Touch which is great you can use itunes, personally never had a problem, also there are alternative software you can use to upload and download to ipod.

But to be honest itunes is great and you dont have to use only songs you purchased through itunes.

The iphone "iPhone 3G are a bargain at £99 (8Gb) or £159 (16Gb)" this is only if you want a phone too, as will cost you a minumum of £30-£35 a month for contact.

You can view films/video/music/photo/browse the internet (wifi), I have also upgraded my Ipod Touch with the lastest iphone 2.0 software, so now I can downloads apps/games/maps, everything

I woul go with IPOD. but thats just me.

Thank Post
    16Gb iPod Touch is £~240, £159 for an iPhone, and notice i said "if your phone contract is due". Most contracts are around £25 for an average user.

Quote Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
    iPod's are great. Personally, if your contract on your phone also faills in term, iPhone 3G are a bargain at £99 (8Gb) or £159 (16Gb)
    Get a £35 contract and after 8 months you have had a 16Gb iPhone, and only jsut payed the same amount for a 16Gb iPod Touch with effectively 8Months free phone contract.

Was my reasoning behind it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts
    What do you want to do with it?
    Only listen to music?
    Music and videos?
    What functionality would you like?
    Wifi?
    Widescreen?
    Touchscreen?
    Direct recording?
    Bluetooth?

Various devices available have a look at EduGeek.net

Ben

Thank Post
    the cost of 8gb and 16gb iphone depends on tariff on o2

Thank Post
    I'd put off going for an iPod for ages, always going for a memory-stick style player instead.

I finally decided to go for an iPod after one of the teachers here got an iPod shuffle, and the techie has a iPod Nano v2, both of which I liked.

So I went and got a Nano v3, and so far I think it's brilliant.
    Plays music and videos, screen is clear, can upload playlists to it from iTunes, can add album art and scroll through albums on the player, and more.

iTunes is an OK bit of software, and will convert all of the music you have regardless of where it came from too.

Its cool

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm becoming too much of an Apple fanboy me thinks! I've been using iPods for a few years now. I currently have a 4G 60Gb iPod Video. Very impressive technology and iTunes is the best mp3/aac/mp4 audio player and organiser I've ever seen. The iTunes store is a tad expensive but very easy to use and has the largest collection of legal aac files for download. That said alot of my music currently comes from Myspace and a russian online music store.

Personally I'm holding of for a 32Gb iPhone 2.0 - when it comes I'll just have to upgrade!

Thank Post

Sony All the way

go for a sony

Thank Post
    when I first got my iPod, i loathed iTunes...but once you get used to how it works, and what to do with it...its a fairly easy bit of software to use

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread