+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Job Evaluation for School Support Staff (Nottinghamshire) in General; Wired has a few new docs with new info The main points I could see are “I would like to ...
    Thank Post

Job Evaluation for School Support Staff (Nottinghamshire)

Wired has a few new docs with new info

The main points I could see are

“I would like to emphasise that the indicative evaluations which were completed last autumn as part of the consultation exercise on the new pay structure will not be considered as part of this process and should therefore now be ignored. These indicative evaluations have been removed from the website as they will not be used in this process at any stage.”

“You will be asked by your head teacher to sign the profile to indicate that you agree, or to state briefly why this is not the case. We will also be asking head teachers for copies of job descriptions and structure charts which reflect support staff roles and responsibilities at September 2008. “

“This will mean that you will not see any changes in your pay resulting from job evaluation for quite some time yet, probably until sometime in 2010.”

If you log into wired and click LEA Communications it should be near the top. 30/06/2008, Its a 3 page doc with a more info then above.
    Last edited by Pottsey; 30th June 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    any chance of uploading the document? internet here is playing up and only half loading some sites.

btw did you attend the single status pay meeting at our place (Hadden) last week?

Thank Post
    Not sure if the JE is a public document that can be uploaded. Sent you a PM with a link.

Thank Post
    can somebody post the text I can see the document in wired but cannot open it for some reason. I assuming it a for all to see

Thank Post
    Its about time Wired was replaced with something that worked.

There is another doc posted for heads. This is the text from the staff doc.

"Staff Update July 2008

08449 808080

enquiries@nottscc.gov.uk
    July 2008

Individual’s name
    Individuals address

Dear Colleague

Job Evaluation in schools- update for support staff

I am writing to you with regard to implementing job evaluation for school based staff. I know that many of you will be anxious and concerned about what is happening, so I hope this letter will both inform and reassure you.

As you should be aware the County Council and the recognised trade unions are working jointly to ensure as far as possible a smooth transition to a pay and grading system that is fair, transparent and consistently applied. The unions involved in this process are the GMB, UNISON and Unite as they represent staff employed on Green Book terms and conditions.

Over the summer the Council, trade unions will be working to try to identify a broad list of jobs across schools in Nottinghamshire and for each of the identified jobs to produce a set of key tasks and responsibilities. These will not be formal job descriptions but will set out the main areas or responsibility which might be relevant for each of those posts. This work is also being supported by representatives from schools including head teachers, governors and senior support staff. We hope to have completed that work part way through the autumn term.

When we complete this work we will send these profiles out to schools. At this stage we will ask head teachers to identify where the profiles match jobs in your school or where they do not and where a separate evaluation may be required. You will be asked by your head teacher to sign the profile to indicate that you agree, or to state briefly why this is not the case. We will also be asking head teachers for copies of job descriptions and structure charts which reflect support staff roles and responsibilities at September 2008.

I would like to emphasise that the indicative evaluations which were completed last autumn as part of the consultation exercise on the new pay structure will not be considered as part of this process and should therefore now be ignored. These indicative evaluations have been removed from the website as they will not be used in this process at any stage.

When head teachers have completed the initial matching of posts against the job profiles we will then seek to finalise agreement on which posts in individual schools will be evaluated, either as part of a group or as an individual evaluation. This will mean that the County Council will not start any evaluations until this has been agreed between the head teacher and staff in school and that both the recognised trade unions and the County Council are also in agreement that the post is being evaluated. If you have any queries about this process you should consult your Trade Union or Head Teacher for advice.

Obviously there is a lot of work to do before formal evaluations can start and therefore it is likely to be at least Easter next year before that happens. In the meantime there will be no changes to your pay scales. I do understand that many of you are anxious about this process but would hope that you agree that it is important that we are clear about the job you do in your school before we begin to evaluate your role.

In the first instance we will be evaluating jobs which reflect duties and responsibilities as at September 2008, and the score will therefore relate to the job you are doing now and will avoid the difficulties which have been experienced across the rest of the County Council with jobs being evaluated as they were at 2002 without reflecting the changes since then in the formal evaluation.

Implementation of any changes will not take place until the evaluation of posts in all schools who are part of this process has been completed. This will mean that you will not see any changes in your pay resulting from job evaluation for quite some time yet, probably until sometime in 2010.

Finally I would like to reassure you that the Council and Trade Unions remain committed to achieving a fair outcome for school support staff and that the process we use is both consistent and fair.

Neil Clifton
    Head of HR,
    Children & Young People's Services,
    Resources,
    Nottinghamshire County Council.

6. Thanks to Pottsey from:

rush_tech (30th June 2008)

Thank Post
    Resurecting this thread, I went to a union meeting last night about job evaluation in Nottinghamshire. We have been told to check and update our job descriptions, having routed about a bit the only thing I can find is the job spec/person spec that was used when I applied for the job. I looking for advice on what an ICT Technicains(secondary School) Job spec should be.

Thanks in advance

A few other things that came out if anyone is interested, There should be a job evaluation folder with every school, quite a big folder that in going to be updated as time goes on. There is timeframes of when things SHOULD happen. Job Evaluation Questionaires are being sent out after half term and then with that info groups are being put together of similar jobs this is surpossed to happen after christmas. This is still very fluid of course.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread