+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Well Done Spain in General; Pretty good match last night, to say that i don't watch football. the Goal was amazing, jammy get!...
    Thank Post

Well Done Spain

Pretty good match last night, to say that i don't watch football.

the Goal was amazing, jammy get!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 729 Posts
    Got to admit Spain played Germany off the park but only managed to score the one goal.
    It could have been so different if Klos had scored in the first ten minutes of the game when he was put through on goal but that is the way things go.

I had Germany to win in the school draw so I had a reason for wanting Germany to win but have to give credit to Spain they had a game plan and they stuck to it.

Well done Spain!

Thank Post
    Spain definitely deserved to win, Germany were just not at the races.......

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroman View Post

decent match, germany were hopeless after the first 10 minutes....there's no way torres should have got to that ball, he was the wrong side of the ball and he just wanted it more than lahm who whimped out.

Germany's crossing was abysmal...i don't recall a single shot on target in the second half or a single cross that reached a german player in the 18-yard box.

It really could have been five or six for spain. Spain were defintely the best team throughout the tournament, proving the first win over russia was no fluke. I would certainly have iniesta, david silva, torres, david villa, Senna and ramos in my team of the tournament. Also, the final proved to me why fabregas doesn't get a look in in the starting XI when all players are available. He was fairly anonymous, and he's not needed like he is at arsenal...spain effectively have 8 players who can thread passes through the defence, and fabregas doesn't have the pace of those around him.

To me they are still third or fourth in the pecking order of world football...i still have the suspicion they are a bit lightweight when put under pressure against a top quality footballing side - current German and Italian teams don't count as great footballing sides. Brazil, argentina and France (with a decent manager) still have the better squads imo but all credit to Spain....they took advantage of the amazing form they were in (now 22 straight games undefeated) to beat who was put in front of them. They've always been able to play attractive football in big tournaments - this time they had the luck and sufficient defensive solidity that had previsouly deserted them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    decent match, germany were hopeless after the first 10 minutes....there's no way torres should have got to that ball, he was the wrong side of the ball and he just wanted it more than lahm who whimped out.

watch torres week in and week out and liverpool hes been doing it all the time. hes strong and quick and is underestimated well until now! im a pool fan so ive been privilidged to witness his talent first hand! and spain thoroughly deserved this win!

44 years without a major championship and they batted away anyone in their way. ive always been a fan of spain in terms of football since euro 96 so i always suport them in tournaments regardless england there or not. fabregas had a quiet game yes but hes still class and still very young he'll only get better! had a funny arguement with one of my italian mates about being a glory hunter when they knocked out the italians haha! i hope they bring this attractive style to the world cup and make a mark there! because england sure as hell wont!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroman View Post

jammy?! well i guess you dont watch football often but damn man you seriously need to youtube fernando torres

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread