+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
General Chat Thread, UNISON vote for strike in General; I want the BFG9000 then, or the chainsaw.....
    Thank Post
    I want the BFG9000 then, or the chainsaw..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    I want the BFG9000 then, or the chainsaw..
    only if i can pick up the beserk sphere and knuckle duster!

Thank Post
    Ok i'll go retro with the SSG

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    1. Reliance on foreign oil and gas.
    2. Useless muppets in power. They micromanage far too much, but don't provide any decent long term plans - look at transport. There are loads of short term schemes but no overall country-wide transport plan.
    3. The availability of cheap credit. Borrowing is simply out of control.
    4. Linked to #2 is the lack of a plan on what the UK will be doing to bring money in in the long term. We've lost most manufacturing jobs to overseas now, and many banks are now HQ'd offshore, IT jobs are being offshored etc... What will sustain the UK? What are we going to be exporting to the world?

Whilst a decent pay increase may make us feel appreciated/help us pay our bills better in the short term, it certainly won't help us for long. All it will do is compound the existing problems that we have already.

We need someone in the government who can actually manage things properly.
    Ok no 1 yes we are Reliance on foreign oil and gas but where else do we get we dont produce enough and the price on fuel is a big issue the goverment dont want the price to go down because they will get less tax. and befor you say its per gallon yes it is but it is twice
    * 50.35 pence per litre for ultra-low sulphur unleaded petrol/diesel
    * 53.65 pence per litre for conventional unleaded petrol
    * 56.94 pence per litre for conventional diesel
    * 30.35 pence per litre for bio-diesel and bio ethanol - low tax to encourage consumer conversion
    * 16.49 pence per kg for gas other than natural gas (LPG)
    * 13.70 pence per kg for natural gas used as road fuel.
    * 9.69 pence per litre for rebated gas oil (red diesel)
    * 9.29 pence per litre for rebated fuel oil
    and then you add your vat on as well so the goverment dont cae about rising fuel cost and the thing is we pay for it as all good get transported.

2 and 4 i agree with

3 The availability of cheap credit. Borrowing is simply out of control. This is true but if it was not cheap we would not be able to afford houses cars etc etc but then the goverment gets there bit of that people borrow because they cant afford to buy direct.

strike is a good thing I am a unison steward and the facts are scary people dont want to strike but sometimes it is the only way a goverment will listen and one thing someone said to me is labour wanted uniouns and supported them then they came to power and now they are not so keen on them.

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier just to put a stop to the spongers? People off with medical benefits should have tests every 6 months if they haven't got a problem the benefits stop. People who refuse/turn down five job offers whilst on benefit lost the benefit. People who refuse to go to job interviews same. At least then the government can have a little more money to help the current problems.
    agree with this totally

just one more thing to add mps can claim enormus amounts of money for the 2 homes and MPS have voted to keep controversial second home allowances which allow them to claim up to £24,000 of taxpayers' cash for household goods and improvements each year. so hold on that £14400000 for the whole lot and they get others see here http://www.politics.co.uk/issue-brie...es-$366586.htm
    Why cant they lose some and pass it on to in the form of a payrise.

sorry this is a bit late on i just needed to get it out my system.
    Last edited by alonebfg; 11th July 2008 at 12:48 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    cookie monster: I don't think they run the interviews in schools, but you are right, they should.
    They already do this for teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    sirbendy - I applaud your courage and determination - but I hope you ARE taking all that you are entitled to (not playing the system, I don't mean that). These benefits are there to help people like you and make your life easier, and you pay your taxes like everyone else,so you should benefit.
    Can I second this? The government budgets for X amount of disability benefit to be paid out a year. Very rarely is all this money paid out. They will tell us how much benefits are costing us a year, but not the fact that they've budgeted for more than this to be paid out. We all pay taxes in order to provide society with the things we can't afford as individuals. The government of the day decides how this should be divided up; in your case they say they estimate there are X number of people deserving of disability benefit and calculate the amount they need to put aside to pay for it.
    Your pride in standing on your own two feet (pardon any unintended insult here) is working against you. If you claim what you deserve are you going to pack in your job and spend every lunchtime in the pub 'wasting' taxpayers money, or are you going to carry on working (and paying taxes) and contribute usefully to society?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It is not so much the disabled benifits as I know it is very hard to get some of these but some of the others one example is parents that try to get there children statmented as it means more money and if the push it hard enough they get some to (when all they need is some boundrys some love care and attenction) and people who play the system claiming jobseeker and other benifits when they should get off there ass and do some work. This is a sore suject for me as I live in a diprived area but it would not be diprived if people worked and sorted themselves out.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    Always nice to know that someone out there is thinking of us

Thank Post
    You missed off the "It's all doom" bit, if you're going to quote me at least include it all

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789