+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, And He's Off... in General; working on that chrbb...

Thank Post
    working on that chrbb

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    You could 'rent' mine if you like - just for the cost of food. They make very good babysitters too. As they are 6ft 2 and 6ft 1, small children tend to try and climb them, like trees!
    My cupboards are always bare and there is always at least one child (sometimes not even mine) looking into a cupboard and saying 'there's nothing to eat'
    I remember when I first met my husband, his mum was still buying food for 6 as he has 3 siblings, but they had all left home for some time by then. She was so used to getting ridiculous quantities of food in that they actually had shelves break due to the weight of the tins. It took her about 2 years to stop

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    This bits free ->

The rest isn't!

Formula Milk & Baby Food - these aint cheap!!
    Nappies !
    Clothes - they dont stay in them long
    Wet Wipes! - Plenty of them!
    Safety Items (Cupboard/Drawer latches, safety gates, car seats)
    Toys!
    Washing Powder!

and more!
    Tell me about it...

Cloth nappies like most first timers we said we would use cloth nappies that went out window after 5 minutes..

We have just finished feeding J milk as he now eats real food all time only time he has milk is he is ill (comfort thing) and then it is normal cows milk.

Rent a kid now that is an idea..

Russell

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Rent a kid now that is an idea..
    did anyone ever see that film? think he was a car rental guy or something who looks after an orphanage while the boss goes on holiday. :S was a long time ago

edit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114268/
    Last edited by Pyroman; 18th June 2008 at 09:38 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just put up the Gate stops him running amok. Funny kid really gonna be a big teenager I think his mothers 6' and she's the small one lol

Thank Post
    Formula Milk & Baby Food - these aint cheap!!
    Nappies !
    Clothes - they dont stay in them long
    Wet Wipes! - Plenty of them!
    Safety Items (Cupboard/Drawer latches, safety gates, car seats)
    Toys!
    Washing Powder!
    7 reasons why I dont want kids!

Thank Post
    We are at the stage of toilet training now. He is going great. Has a few accidents now and then but in the whole he's doing fine.

I remember when he started to walk and i was at my old man's house and my nephews were there. I was busy doing something and Jake (my son) was next to me but my nephew left the gate open and he sneeked out, up the stairs and no-one even saw him go. He fell from the top from the sounds of the bumps going down. Scared me sh*tless that did.

So a word of caution: You will need to keep a veeeeeery close eye on him now.

Thank Post
    Kitten food
    cat food
    Jabs, chipping and chopping
    Grooming and anti-hairball bits
    Safety Items (Cupboard/Drawer latches, safety nets)
    Toys!
    Vet bills

Cats are much the same.. Jem always said - no kids, just cats. Heh.

Toilet training we do as well..it''s fun trying to teach a cat that you sit on *there*, do that..look..not hard..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    10 Reasons to Have Children

They're cute. In fact, your own child is adorable. Every sigh, every laugh, every motion is bliss. You fall in love with them.

Re-experiencing childhood. Regardless of how good your own childhood was, your child allows you to vicariously relive childhood. Usually it's much better the second time around, when you have all the wisdom of age but can enjoy the energy of youth. Playing with a two-year-old feels like being two years old again.

Learning. Watching your child learn is fascinating and fun. Each new skill or idea or word learned is a little victory. If you watch carefully, you will see that something new is discovered or conquered every single day. Your child will need to learn a lot from you, as he or she starts without much knowledge at all except for perfect sense of his or her feelings. While you are busy teaching your child about practical aspects of the world, your child will be teaching you emotional sensitivity. The active teaching and learning process is rewarding and fulfilling.

Reflection. Everything that you already can do probably take for granted, but your child will remind you that all those skills had to be learned. It reminds you of how far you have come in life, and shows you the sorts of difficulties you probably had when you were your child's age. Your child will also notice things that you have long since filtered out. I didn't realize how many birds there were outside my house until my daughter showed me.

Reincarnation. Your genetic makeup is a small part of your identity. More important are your ideas, beliefs, manners, and stories. All of these things will be taken up by your child and then changed around. Your child will never be a clone of yourself, fortunately, but instead will be a new variation of you and the other people that raise him or her. If you like yourself then this is very satisfying.

Socializing. Every society has a subculture for people who raise children. At every age you can find people also raising a child in a similar situation. You can make many new friends with whom you have a lot in common. The comradely and shared experiences ease some difficulties.

Control. You must not tell other people how to raise their own children. However, if you raise your own child, you get to do it your way, which you presumably believe is the right way. People might disagree with your methods, but if you have thought at great length about it--and you should if you plan on having a child--then you probably have good reasons for all the decisions you will have to make. When you find that your methods are not perfect, which you will, you can change them appropriately.

Adoption. There are lots of children in the world without parents. Adopting a child is an excellent way to greatly improve the life of someone who would have a very hard time otherwise.

Entertainment. Children have lots of energy and can be lots of fun. They develop imaginations, a sense of humor, and lots of excitement. Little kid laughs are infectious. Playing with children is very enjoyable.

Love. You are the center of your child's world, and as much as you may love and need your child, he or she will love you more. Children that are shown love and affection show it back many times over.

Thank Post
    That's lovely! thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    If you don't have a child, you can't imagine life with one

If you do, you can't imagine life without one!

Lists are all very well, but they are abstract - once you have seen and held your own baby, it ALL changes - for the better!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That is very true me and better half were talking about how it was only other day that J was born and gone really quick but it seems like he has always been here.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information