+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Weirdest Request from the end user? in General; What is the weirdest, strangest, totally not your job request that youve been asked to perform ... professionally speaking haha? ...
    Thank Post

Weirdest Request from the end user?

What is the weirdest, strangest, totally not your job request that youve been asked to perform ... professionally speaking haha?

to start things off:
    On Friday i was called out of the office to deal with some teacher-via-student request:

"Mr Year 6 teacher says these are broken, how long until you can fix them? He said to wait until you finish."

*hands over about 10 calculators that are missing buttons and displays*

From a female member of the brass
    "Please come with me, i have a problem that i need you to fix immediatley ... look under there"

*Dead mouse, next to a power board*

ahhh no thanks!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts

lapsafe door

Setting the scene:

Teacher comes to server room - "Need to show you whats wrong with the lapsafe , can you come and have a look and fix it please ?"

Me - "ok" and walks down with the member of staff to see the lapsafe.

ok so we both get there and one of the doors on the lapsafe is hanging off of the lapsafe as it is obviously broken.

Me - ummm no can't fix that ( obviously ) and points member of staff to the site team who may be able to fit a new door and possibly a new lock.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ho Ho Ho (no no no)

Head asks to see me so I go along to her office.

I note a big red costume draped over a chair and she tells me that our regular Father Christmas is ill and asks if I can I fill in for the afternoon.

Thank Post
    Walk into school one morning this week to be asked by member of (attractive female) staff who's covering reception if I can see her 'bum' through her white trousers. Being a professional I carefully take a look and inform her that unfortunately I could not. Apparently her husband was away that morning so she couldn't ask him and she was paranoid that they were a bit see through........

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90bass View Post
    Walk into school one morning this week to be asked by member of (attractive female) staff who's covering reception if I can see her 'bum' through her white trousers. Being a professional I carefully take a look and inform her that unfortunately I could not. Apparently her husband was away that morning so she couldn't ask him and she was paranoid that they were a bit see through........
    Fantastic

I end up playing Santa every year.... think it must be in my job description now?

Thank Post
    @Joe90Bass -- not bad mate, not bad at all. haha

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90bass View Post
    REALLY glad our receptionists have never asked that!!!!
    Wouldn't mind a select few of the teachers asking though.

Thank Post
    I've been involved with a project putting a couple of camera's and temperature sensors in the school pond, fair enough thats loosely in my job description - until I found out they wanted me to dig the pond as well!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg View Post
    I've been involved with a project putting a couple of camera's and temperature sensors in the school pond, fair enough thats loosely in my job description - until I found out they wanted me to dig the pond as well!
    That sounded like a bit of fun, until the last bit....... Think I would have politely declined!

Thank Post
    Yep I've been asked to:

fix sewing machines, which I did.

Do something about the heating in the admin block as it was too warm, gritted teeth and refered them to caretaker.

Thank Post
    Over the last half term I was upgrading one of the network rooms with new PC's, TFT monitors and a new desking system (screens inside desk lid type of thing). The teacher who predominantly used the room popped in to see how things were going and just before she left asked if I could give the room a lick of paint as well. As she had a smile on her face I thought she was joking and smiled and laughed as she left.....that was until the new term started and I was told by the head that she had complained to him that I hadn't done what she had asked!!!!!! Thankfully the head put her in her place and explained in no uncertain terms what my job role was, where my position within the school was (answerable only to him) and who she should ask if she wanted jobs like that doing. She was also 'advised' to apologise to me aswell....I'm still waiting for that to happen though!!

In my last post I was also asked to fix one of the toilets in the Ladies loo which had become blocked (after use!!!!). I informed that particular member of staff that Satan would have to ice-skate to work before I would fix it.....only to be told that as a member of the support staff it was my job to do things like that for teachers!!!! Needless to say I didn't do it.

Thank Post
    I had to release a kid's fingers that had been trapped in a toilet door. They were almost flat when they came out and he said it didn't hurt. That was until the blood supply got going again and they started to pump up again.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,379 Times in 1,675 Posts
    So, I need answers here!!:
    amfony - what did you do about the calculators?
    sparkeh - did you do it?
    steveg - did you dig it?

I've never been asked anything really odd. I feel deprived now

Thank Post
    In my last post I was also asked to fix one of the toilets in the Ladies loo which had become blocked (after use!!!!). I informed that particular member of staff that Satan would have to ice-skate to work before I would fix it.....only to be told that as a member of the support staff it was my job to do things like that for teachers!!!! Needless to say I didn't do it.
    I would of done it but using their hand

Thankfully the head put her in her place and explained in no uncertain terms what my job role was, where my position within the school was (answerable only to him) and who she should ask if she wanted jobs like that doing. She was also 'advised' to apologise to me aswell....I'm still waiting for that to happen though!!
    That's brilliant that needs pointing out more often where i work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    steveg - did you dig it?

I've never been asked anything really odd. I feel deprived now
    Yea i did! Thought it would make a nice change to get outside for a bit, so spent a couple of days doing it a few weeks back. One of the other technicians is just setting up the server for the camera's and data logger this week.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast