+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
General Chat Thread, The jobs you just hate. in General; Any job that requires me to go around 30 or more PCs instaling something individually, i have ghost cast etc ...
    Thank Post
    Any job that requires me to go around 30 or more PCs instaling something individually, i have ghost cast etc but sometimes it just fails and things have to be done manually

"fixing" web settings, in other words people who can't do the simple task of typing "login.staffproxy" in order to get unfiltered internet access (south west grids new implementation :/)

projector filters and toners are annoying too, but all our printers are managed now so we can see everything that needs or will need doing via web interface, and projector filters we make a habbit of cleaning as many as possible during holidays just to ensure we dont have to sort them throughout the year (plus some teachers have learnt to do it for themselves )

Thank Post

Cool

Should rip their fingers off and see how they like it!

Lol

Thank Post
    I really cannot say there is anything I dislike doing, but if I had to choose I'd say trying to trace patch leads around an office and all included furniture to find out which network point they plug into. Can be extremely frustrating depending on the layout of the office
    Last edited by _Bat_; 23rd April 2009 at 09:59 AM.

Thank Post
    Having to manually delete profiles from our oldest PCs becuase the hard drives are so small they hardly fit windows on them.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    Having to manually delete profiles from our oldest PCs becuase the hard drives are so small they hardly fit windows on them.....
    I have something that may help with that. When we were having a similar problem a couple of years ago I authored an MSI that, once installed, would call delprof at every system boot and remove any profile that had not been used in 60 days or more.

You can alter the number of days using a transform file on the MSI if needed (change the AppParameters row in the Registry table).

Worked fine for us, but YMMV, so use at your own risk.
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

Maz (23rd April 2009)

Thank Post
    Yeah have thought of using that, but we use an RM system and I beleive it will delete the RM Default user profile which means that they wont be able to log on without us copying over another profile to the machine. (I think) Anyhow I mentioned this to the NM for testing but I don't think it was well recieved :s

Anyhow back to deleting

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    As I understand it the RM default user is a local user, correct? If so, you can configure delprof to only remove cached roaming profiles, which you would do in the MSI by adding /r into the AppParameters as I mentioned above.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345