+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, MP3 Player in General; ...
    Thank Post

MP3 Player

I'll be going travelling soon and i'm looking for an MP3 player to take with me, i currently use the one on my phone but it won't hold enough to last me for long.

I'm looking in the sub £100 area requirements are, good battery life, 4Gb ish storage and small/light. Any that use AA or AAA batteries pro's / con's of this?

Any recommendations pref from experience?

Cheers

Grant.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Anything Creative gets my vote, they are great little things / big things depending ont the model and seem reliable and you don't need to use weird software just windows media player.

Thank Post
    I like the look of this creative model shame it's too small for a AAA battery.

MP3 Players | Creative ZEN | Credit card-sized MP3 & digital media player

This looks pretty good and it can take a AAA battery, i know in the long term this can work out expensive but if i'm on a long bus journey or trekking i won't be able to charge a rechargeable model. It just needs a bit more storage.

SanDisk Sansa e140 MP3 player review
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 7th June 2008 at 11:47 PM.

Thank Post
    those are too big.
    basically, all im thinking of at the moment is an iphone, but if i were to recommend you a standalone mp3 player, id say creative zen stone or ipod shuffle or something like that.

reason is, you'll soon see you can't be arsed to carry a cell phone + another device the size of your cell phone with you at all times.
    and they all play the music just the same (i mean zen stone and say zen vision).

i got meself a zen vision:m some time ago and now the only person using it is my girlfriend, as she's carrying a bag with her at all times =) it just takes too much pocket space, just as annoying as bloatware

Thank Post
    Just over your price range by 9 quid but I got the 8GB version of this. iRiver Clix. V nice and highly reviewed just about everywhere. V nice.

PEO
    Thank Post
    Currys have a sale on Archos mp4/mp3/wma players. I got my girl firend on over the weekend for £60

Thank Post
    i agree with creative products...very useful and easy to copy over music etc. i have a creative myvo thing 1gb and its like a memory stick! look on ebuyer for a decent cheap mp3 player! you could get a good one for between 50-100 pounds!

Thank Post
    I have the Creative Zen 4gb (credit gard size thing). An amazing screen but even better music playback (23 hours on a full battery). I got it when they first came out (bit of a creative fanboy tbh) and it has been great. I understand you cant just charge it anywhere but you could get a USB/AAA battery charge kit or make one yourself to keep it topped up. Quite handy little things, you put 3 AAA batteris in one end, the USB cable into your mp3 player and watch it go!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What phone have you got? Can you put a bigger memory card in it? (I stuck a 4Gb card in my old W810i which was < £20 and gives a good few hours!)

Thank Post
    My sister has a Creative Zen 4GB on my recommendation and she loves it. Plays XviD, too.

The Clix (Gen. 2) is a very nice player, and I have one. Trouble is, the USB connection on it has packed up just after the one year warranty has ended. It's a common enough fault that I don't think I could recommend one again.

I've just ordered the 4GB version of one of these. Look pretty nice:

Nationite S:Flo Touch Screen Special (2GB/4GB/8GB) [Teclast T50] [Nationite SFlo-PreSale] - $96.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player

Thank Post
    reason is, you'll soon see you can't be arsed to carry a cell phone + another device the size of your cell phone with you at all times.
    My cell phone will be in my rucksack most of the time as i'm backpacking so i don't think that will be an issue.

What phone have you got? Can you put a bigger memory card in it? (I stuck a 4Gb card in my old W810i which was < £20 and gives a good few hours!)
    I have a similar phone but it won't give me the charge time when on long bus jorneys >15 hours or when treking where there is no power.

@ whiplash2006: I'll have a look into the USB-AAA kit as i like the look of the Creative Zen.

Cheers all.

Thank Post
    I got the slightly bigger Creative Zen 30gb M and I love the thing! Quality video. Great video and mp3 playback and radio. It's about the size of a normal Ipod so maybe it is too big for you but I find it fits perfectly into my pocket when travelling on the underground everyday. Only one downside is that you can only charge it through the PC/adapter as the battery is inbuilt.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread