+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, .WMV to .SWF in General; Im trying to find a convertor to convert .wmv to .swf easily, it also needs to be free. I am ...

Thank Post

.WMV to .SWF

Im trying to find a convertor to convert .wmv to .swf easily, it also needs to be free.

I am aware of Super Video Convertor but to be honest I have found this to be buggy and a little unrelaible.

I need to convert .wmv movie files created by pupils easily and cheaply, it also needs to be like childs play as staff will be doing the converting ready for the files to be posted on the VLE.

I know i can convert to FLV quite easily using some free software from Riva but i would prefer .SWF as they are small movie files of about 2mb.

CheerS!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danIT View Post
    Im trying to find a convertor to convert .wmv to .swf easily, it also needs to be free.
    FFMPEG will convert to SWF. I'd suggest setting up a periodic task / cron job that simply converts all files in a directory to FLV files and moves them to a second directory - could even move them straight to the VLE. Have the task run every 5 minutes or so, then all a teacher has to do is drop their files in a directory somewhere on your server and the files magically appear where you want them to 5 minutes or so later.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    The Drupal Flashvideo module does this (using ffmpeg)- FlashVideo | drupal.org
    and directly imports it to the teacher/pupils homepage, turning it into a school youtube.

does anyone know of a moodle module that does this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Any Video Converter will do taht as well, ive yet to find anything it won't convert.

Thank Post
    Or if you have flash just use it's converter

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information