+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
General Chat Thread, Well done manchester united in General; dont go to old trafford, dont wear the colours of mancunia...bore off lol...
    Thank Post
    dont go to old trafford, dont wear the colours of mancunia...bore off lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    dont go to old trafford, dont wear the colours of mancunia...bore off lol
    Must be a long way to Anfailed from Brighton
    Last edited by mortstar; 23rd May 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Thank Post
    not far enough to make it up there few times a season...thanks for your concern manure fan

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    not far enough to make it up there few times a season...thanks for your concern manure fan
    No probs...

CHAMPIONS....ahhhh it's good to say that....nearly 20 years for your boys though eh?

We'll have taken 18 way before you knock another against your tally.

Thank Post
    i think the reason chelsea tend to grind out results is becuase they have limited flair upfront. Drogba is a traditional centre forward, more a battering ram. Cole tends not to get in as many central attacking positions as he could given his talent.

If they had bought the spanish liverpool lad (keep forgetting his name..argghhh!!) instead of sheva they would look a very different team - particularly if that meant an extended run on the bench for drogba. They've got terrific ball players in the team...ballack, lampard, carvallho, cole, kalou and the right number of grinders in essien and makalele.

I think that drogba has both a positive and negative impact of the team...as the main outlet he limits they're attacking options upfront on the one hand. Sometimes that dictates they're style, but at the same time he's scored so many crucial goals for them he's become this talisman. Particularly with anelka not firing since he joined.

@morstar, last time i checked liverpool had won the greater number of european cups AND league titles. That could change over the next 4 or 5 years, but at the moment the records show united are second best historically :P...stick that in your prawn sandwitch

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    @morstar, last time i checked liverpool had won the greater number of european cups AND league titles. That could change over the next 4 or 5 years, but at the moment the records show united are second best historically :P...stick that in your prawn sandwitch
    Past glories all....

18 years without the trophy they crave the most.

Keep Benitez in, they'll turn the corner soon!

Next year's their year!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    Past glories all....

Keep Benitez in, they'll turn the corner soon!

Next year's their year!!!
    every season dipper fans say that tho lol, it gets to christmas, or sometimes jan. and there out of the race, this has happened for the last several seasons

All hail the rafalution!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If they had bought the spanish liverpool lad (keep forgetting his name..argghhh!!)
    Fernando Torres. i think any team would produce results with him in the side - bloody awesome player.

Thank Post
    I watched a game of rugby last week (Salford Reds VS Celtic Crusaders) where a mass brawl broke out in the second half.... punches flying everywhere. Salford's captain suffered a fractured cheekbone in the incident. The outcome? TWO YELLOW CARDS. For a mass brawl!

This proves how soft football is, and how sickening it is when the go down clutching their faces after a tiny little slap. Its pathetic, but sadly this is how football is nowadays. Overpaid muppets!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bandgeekmafia78 View Post
    I watched a game of rugby last week (Salford Reds VS Celtic Crusaders) where a mass brawl broke out in the second half.... punches flying everywhere. Salford's captain suffered a fractured cheekbone in the incident. The outcome? TWO YELLOW CARDS. For a mass brawl!

This proves how soft football is, and how sickening it is when the go down clutching their faces after a tiny little slap. Its pathetic, but sadly this is how football is nowadays. Overpaid muppets!
    To be fair to Vidic, he didn't go down and if Terry hadn't have pulled him away I would wager that he would have made sure Drogba had something to go down clutching his face for, there are plenty of prima-donnas in football but Nemandja isn't one of them.

Thank Post

In either case statistics like possession can never be used to guage who were the more threatening and who played the better football overall. I'm sure if you looked at the 98 world cup final, brazil would have had the lions share of possession...but that didn't stop france being the better team on the night.

Fair play to united, they won fair and square...in the final reckoning the width of an upright decided it. But i will reiterate, united lost the midfield just like they lost the midfield to chelsea at stamford bridge earlier in the season. If they can get a manager who can instill some discipline in the players and carry on the makalele, Ballack and lampard triangle into next season chelsea would be my favourites for the league. Who have united got to contest that midfield trio....

Lol you really have no clue. Possession and Action areas tell you exactly who was holding the ball the longest and in which half of the field the most action areas were. Those both went to Utd. If you think Chelsea bossed the game then you really need to go to the David Blunkett School of Football Viewing.

Lampard (11m) and ballack (free) look like bargains compared to the carrick (16m) and anderson(??) purchases.
    I will give you an example, any Manchester United player at any price (yes even Darren Fletcher) compared to Shevchenko (30 million) LOL.

By the way what has Chelsea's midfield trio won them this season compared to the Manchester trio? Cristiano Ronaldo scored 31 Premier League goals this season, Chelsea only scored 65 as a team. Well done Chelsea.
    Last edited by Disease; 23rd May 2008 at 03:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    Past glories all....

As I have said before, lets not forget that Man Utd went 25 (26?) years without winning the league, and I would say things have turned out pretty good for them in the long run.

So Liverpool have a few more years yet before they have to worry about getting near to those 25 (26?) years.

Anything can happen in 7 years, who knows !

Thank Post
    Fernando Torres. i think any team would produce results with him in the side - bloody awesome player.
    Now that he's settled and if Rafa will play him i think they have a very good chance of mounting a serious challenge next year 'if' they concentrate on the league. The problem is i'm not quite sure they could win it still so could end up with nothing again.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    Lol you really have no clue. Possession and Action areas tell you exactly who was holding the ball the longest and in which half of the field the most action areas were. Those both went to Utd. If you think Chelsea bossed the game then you really need to go to the David Blunkett School of Football Viewing.

I will give you an example, any Manchester United player at any price (yes even Darren Fletcher) compared to Shevchenko (30 million) LOL.

By the way what has Chelsea's midfield trio won them this season compared to the Manchester trio? Cristiano Ronaldo scored 31 Premier League goals this season, Chelsea only scored 65 as a team. Well done Chelsea.
    first of all i prefer to watch the game rather than rely on statistics to tell me who the better team was.....and while the result is the final indicator at the end of it all, there have been matches on occasion in which the better team somehow contrived to lose. I don't know if that's an oymoron or whatever you call it - better team losing, but it has happened.

Brazil against italy in '82 and Hungary against Germany in '54 from what i'm told. And ofcourse from recent memory Holland vs Italy in the european championship semi-finals in 2000, holland the better team kluivert hitting the post and missing penalties then losing on penalties to an italian team no-one likes. sound familiar ?

Read my post again i said chelsea bossed the midfield in the second half, and they did. My first thoughts 80 minutes into the game was 'when are chelsea going to get the winner' followed by 'where have united been for the last half hour ?

Second half was basically ronaldo as the outlet and doing a bit of trickery on the left before sending in a cross for a chelsea defender to let run behind or clear away....if that's what you call united being the better team then it's you who needs the guide dog and book deal. Only and idiot relies on possession to determine how effective a team are...

if united pass it sideways and fail to advance how is that being the better team. At 1-1 momentum was with chelsea and they put together the better moves, were sharper in the tackle and looked most ikely to score. United were dangerous on the counter attack with ronaldo but that was it.

It's all academic now because they lost....and you're right about sheva. But amongst the bizarre deals there was some fantastic transfers for chelsea....there's no englishman as talented as joe cole in uniteds team. end of.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345