+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Well done manchester united in General; Originally Posted by philtomo-25 I think your summary of the game is the correct one, any NORMAL football fan would ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philtomo-25 View Post
    I think your summary of the game is the correct one, any NORMAL football fan would agree, its a pity that some people cant see the wood for the trees
    bring on next season, cant wait.
    VIVA RONALDO
    +1, +1

Excellent summary of the game, basically I think we can all agree it was pretty even match on a knife edge. We cut Chelsea open more often, whilst Chelsea got a (typical) flukey goal that changed the flow of the game completely. They were unlucky hitting the bar but, over a season, United have played the much more attractive and attacking football.

The longer Chelsea go without winning it, the better for everyone.

Bring on next season when we finally catch up the dippers tally of Championships.

EDIT: Also, fantastic that the other 'Big 4' won sweet FA this year. What a season for United....only Distin's right ankle stopped it from being on a par with 99!
    Last edited by mortstar; 23rd May 2008 at 10:45 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    +1, +1

Excellent summary of the game, basically I think we can all agree it was pretty even match on a knife edge. We cut Chelsea open more often, whilst Chelsea got a (typical) flukey goal that changed the flow of the game completely. They were unlucky hitting the bar but, over a season, United have played the much more attractive and attacking football.

The longer Chelsea go without winning it, the better for everyone.

Bring on next season when we finally catch up the dippers tally of Championships.

EDIT: Also, fantastic that the other 'Big 4' won sweet FA this year. What a season for United....only Distin's right ankle stopped it from being on a par with 99!
    yawn..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flashsnaps View Post
    Yawn.......that's history get over it.........
    greatest champions league final in history...you'll never hear the end of it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    The stats do not support that Utd were outplayed by Chelsea, Manchester United had More Possession, more teritorial advantage, Chelsea only managed to muster 1 shot on target in the entire 120 mins. So that plain facts are Manchester United were the better team.
    one shot on target ? that is nitpicking and a classic example of how misleading statistics are - a goal in the first half, two efforts against the woodwork and ferdinand forced into making van der sar parry over doesn't constitute attempts on goals eh ?

In either case statistics like possession can never be used to guage who were the more threatening and who played the better football overall. I'm sure if you looked at the 98 world cup final, brazil would have had the lions share of possession...but that didn't stop france being the better team on the night.

Fair play to united, they won fair and square...in the final reckoning the width of an upright decided it. But i will reiterate, united lost the midfield just like they lost the midfield to chelsea at stamford bridge earlier in the season. If they can get a manager who can instill some discipline in the players and carry on the makalele, Ballack and lampard triangle into next season chelsea would be my favourites for the league. Who have united got to contest that midfield trio....

carrick is way down the pecking order for england consideration, anderson has done very little over the season, and scholes can't have many more seasons left in him. Hargreaves i think was a fantastic buy but he's being used as a utlity player like essien. Whereas lampard and ballack are at their peak playingin favoured positions and chelsea have a ready made replacement in essien should makalele decide to call it a day. Lampard (11m) and ballack (free) look like bargains compared to the carrick (16m) and anderson(??) purchases.

btw whoever said i was a liverpudlian or liverpool supporter should pipe down, 'cos i'm neither.

Oh and if having lampard, cole and ballack in a team doesn't equate to attractive football, then what does ?....united passing the ball long to ronaldo at every opportunity as the only threatning outlet ? Chelsea played the better more attractive football following the goal, so much for united being the neutrals favourite.

As for the goal being flukey...it's no fluke that lampard was the first to react and would have beaten van der sar from that position each and every time...slip or no slip. That's what he does steams into the box to pick up rebounds or to latch onto through balls...it's called being an attacking midfielder. Maybe someone should tell carrick about that, rather than sitting back as he admires each pass he makes.
    Last edited by torledo; 23rd May 2008 at 12:16 PM.

Thank Post
    No mention of Hargreaves in there?

And Makelele? I cant see him playing more than 20 games next season but Essien is top notch, one of the best in the prem in my opinion

I'm just hoping Chelsea let SWP come to Pompey. Him, Crouch and a couple of defenders and Pompey will be up there again this season! Harry brings the best out of players - SWP will love it at Fratton!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elky View Post

And Makelele? I cant see him playing more than 20 games next season but Essien is top notch, one of the best in the prem in my opinion

I'm just hoping Chelsea let SWP come to Pompey. Him, Crouch and a couple of defenders and Pompey will be up there again this season! Harry brings the best out of players - SWP will love it at Fratton!
    edited my post to mention hargreaves...but he has played a fair share of matches at full back this season to accomodate both that glenn hoddle-wannabe carrick, and either park or anderson on occasion. Whereas united don't have a world class holding player when he plays right back...chelsea have got makalele when essien plays right back. they are spoilt for choice in midfield.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    edited my post to mention hargreaves...but he has played a fair share of matches at full back this season to accomodate both that glenn hoddle-wannabe carrick, and either park or anderson on occasion. Whereas united don't have a world class holding player when he plays right back...chelsea have got makalele when essien plays right back. they are spoilt for choice in midfield.
    yeah thats chelsea though, id rather have uniteds midfield anyday.
    even roman abramovich has said chelsea are boring, every person on the tv/radio also has that opinion.

Thank Post
    Indeed they are pretty boring. They grind out results and have done for the last few years now. I don't have a preference to any of the top teams (just Pompey!) but Man U and Arsenal definitely play the better football.

Last season and at the start of this season, Pompey played lovely attacking football but the 2nd half of the season, it was almost like watching the old boring boring Arsenal. I wonder if Tony Adams has anything to do with that?! I'm not complaining cos we just won the FA Cup which is an amazing achievement considering where we were a few years ago.

Sorry for keep slipping Pompey in to the chat but I feel the need to!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elky View Post

you shall never have crouchie!! you had him once and let him go bah!

Thank Post
    I've heard rumours that its almost a done deal!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    you shall never have crouchie!! you had him once and let him go bah!
    You've wasted Crouchie, I hope he moves to pompey or somewhere decent and shows rafa his real potential!

Thank Post
    bah i never follow the rumours rubbish..i didnt believe we had torres until it was on sky news then i almost fainted lol i'd hate to see crouchie go the most under rated player in the premiership

Thank Post
    Crouch and Defoe

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flashsnaps View Post
    You've wasted Crouchie, I hope he moves to pompey or somewhere decent and shows rafa his real potential!
    A-B conversation..C your way out of it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    A-B conversation..C your way out of it
    Wind your neck in, your Liverpool scum!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast