+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Well done manchester united in General; Originally Posted by philtomo-25 sounds like sour grapes to me mate, anti united by anychance? when looking back on previous ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philtomo-25 View Post
    sounds like sour grapes to me mate, anti united by anychance?

when looking back on previous winners it doesnt say owt about like "2008 - manchester united (but outplayed by chelsea))
    ha!!!! so you admit it, utd were outplayed by chelsea....

yes i do hate man u (not as much as the prawn sarnie brigade that follow them)....although i will admit they have a fantastic defence, a great holding midfielder in hargreaves and a very talented potential match winner in ronaldo. They're a good team but they are seriously lightweight when it comes to the creative midfield area, that's where chelsea started to boss things with only hargreaves putting up any resistance.

in '99, without scholes united looked ordinary. in '08 even with scholes united looked ordinary relying too heavily on ronaldo to conjure something for nothing.

United may have won, but chelsea have the moral victory and as a neutral they deserved to win. Especially when you look at how anonymous united were in the second half. And that's total balls about united being better in extra time, they did sweet FA in extra time. Chelsea were better up until drogba was sent off. As in '99 relying on luck becuase they weren't good enough over the 90 minutes.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Moral victory? Does that come with a moral trophy and matching moral winners' medals?

Chelsea didn't deserve it, they were pretty evenly matched, which is why it took penalties to decide it. If anything swayed it, it was Chelsea's appalling behaviour. Grant really needs to put a leash on his players. Every time the ref blew for something he was surrounded but arm-waving, finger-pointing blues. If i was in that position and any of those mouthy tw*ts were screaming in my face, i'd have most of them cautioned. Utter lack of respect.

And for what it's worth, i don't support, or for that matter hate, any team.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Moral victory? Does that come with a moral trophy and matching moral winners' medals?

Chelsea didn't deserve it, they were pretty evenly matched, which is why it took penalties to decide it. If anything swayed it, it was Chelsea's appalling behaviour. Grant really needs to put a leash on his players. Every time the ref blew for something he was surrounded but arm-waving, finger-pointing blues. If i was in that position and any of those mouthy tw*ts were screaming in my face, i'd have most of them cautioned. Utter lack of respect.

And for what it's worth, i don't support, or for that matter hate, any team.
    the ref deserved to be surrounded by irate players....it was a pretty poor performance, some of the decisions were bemusing for both sides.

The chelsea players were right to go mad about the scholes challenge on makalele....it was a red card on any lesser occasion - jumps straight into him at god knows what speed and flays his elbow in the direction of makalele's head for good measure. It's only becuase scholes is gazza-like wimp that it was HE who ended up with a bloodied nose and not makalele. On several occasions the ref stopped the game for 50/50's and innocuous challenges. And he was never in control of the match allowing fracas to ensue....you can't blame the players if the ref can't exert control.

obviously drogba was carrying on like a d*ck...and chelsea have no-one to blame but themselves for his sending off. The first prattish thing terry did was to confront teves about him kicking the ball out of touch rather than pass it to the chelsea keeper....kalou did exactly the same thing minutes eariler. Terry had absolutely nothing to whine about.

What i would like a to see is this perverted sportsmanship of kicking a ball out of play or returning it to an opposition team, to be scrapped....unless it's a head injury or other serious looking injury, the game should be allowed to carry on until the ball goes out of play. That may be hard to administer, but the very least they can do is not stop the game for cramp. Both teams were stopped in attacking positions 'cos a player had cramp...pathetic. Ferdinand had cramp in his own penalty area and the game was stopped. Cramp is part and parcel of the game in later stages...it shouldn't be allowed to stop a game - whether it's a defender, striker or even a goalie.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post

yes i do hate man u (not as much as the prawn sarnie brigade that follow them)....although i will admit they have a fantastic defence, a great holding midfielder in hargreaves and a very talented potential match winner in ronaldo. They're a good team but they are seriously lightweight when it comes to the creative midfield area, that's where chelsea started to boss things with only hargreaves putting up any resistance.

in '99, without scholes united looked ordinary. in '08 even with scholes united looked ordinary relying too heavily on ronaldo to conjure something for nothing.

United may have won, but chelsea have the moral victory and as a neutral they deserved to win. Especially when you look at how anonymous united were in the second half. And that's total balls about united being better in extra time, they did sweet FA in extra time. Chelsea were better up until drogba was sent off. As in '99 relying on luck becuase they weren't good enough over the 90 minutes.
    what channel was this game on that you were watching? because it wasnt the same game that i saw?
    anyone who saw that game would say that united were the better team in the 1st half and chelsea were better in the 2nd
    no one played better than the other, it was a fair and tactical game in extra time which i think united edged
    i think your just to narrow minded and anti united to realise that, but as previously mentioned, even if YOU think chelsea played better than united, it dont matter because no one remembers the losers

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flashsnaps View Post
    yawn........
    its ok i know you've got poor footie knowledge

Thank Post
    sounds like sour grapes to me mate, anti united by anychance?

we were better 1st half
    they had the second
    looked to me like we were the better team in extra time
    we won the penalties

when looking back on previous winners it doesnt say owt about like "2008 - manchester united (but outplayed by chelsea))

end of story
    2005 - liverpool - 3 nil down pulled back to draw and win on pens...more entertainment there

Thank Post
    the ref deserved to be surrounded by irate players....it was a pretty poor performance, some of the decisions were bemusing for both sides.

The chelsea players were right to go mad about the scholes challenge on makalele....it was a red card on any lesser occasion - jumps straight into him at god knows what speed and flays his elbow in the direction of makalele's head for good measure. It's only becuase scholes is gazza-like wimp that it was HE who ended up with a bloodied nose and not makalele. On several occasions the ref stopped the game for 50/50's and innocuous challenges. And he was never in control of the match allowing fracas to ensue....you can't blame the players if the ref can't exert control.

obviously drogba was carrying on like a d*ck...and chelsea have no-one to blame but themselves for his sending off. The first prattish thing terry did was to confront teves about him kicking the ball out of touch rather than pass it to the chelsea keeper....kalou did exactly the same thing minutes eariler. Terry had absolutely nothing to whine about.

What i would like a to see is this perverted sportsmanship of kicking a ball out of play or returning it to an opposition team, to be scrapped....unless it's a head injury or other serious looking injury, the game should be allowed to carry on until the ball goes out of play. That may be hard to administer, but the very least they can do is not stop the game for cramp. Both teams were stopped in attacking positions 'cos a player had cramp...pathetic. Ferdinand had cramp in his own penalty area and the game was stopped. Cramp is part and parcel of the game in later stages...it shouldn't be allowed to stop a game - whether it's a defender, striker or even a goalie.
    yes the ref did have a poor...very poor game..but thats because he sticks to uefa's continental rules, these differ from the premiership. had the ref been english maybe it would have been different. champions league has always been like this as most of europe is about pulling up on 50/50 challenges. watch the euros to see my point..or the spanish league lol!

Thank Post
    torledo, you're a typical scouse whinger full of vitreous and vile hot air.

Champions of England and Champions of Europe and deservedly so...

...nevermind, I'm sure it'll be Liverpool's season next year, they've turned a corner don't you know.

Thank Post
    it dont matter does it...we won it three times.....without killing anyone
    stick ur 5 times and multiple murders up ya backside
    What a tit. To be fair, i wouldn't expect any different from mancs. Disgraceful.

Thank Post

The stats do not support that Utd were outplayed by Chelsea, Manchester United had More Possession, more teritorial advantage, Chelsea only managed to muster 1 shot on target in the entire 120 mins. So that plain facts are Manchester United were the better team.

Thank Post
    Got back from Moscow Yesterday, Great Atmosphere, No Trouble and a brilliant game to watch.

Could be a biased view but United were the deserving team. The Champion's League isn't just about the final in my opinion. United have been by far the better team throughout the whole competition!

United were eaisly the best in the first half and had most of the possession with more shots and more shots on target. Second half Chelsea dominated with more chances, although scoreboard in the ground had it down as more United possesion. In extra time, I think United were the better team, more clear cut chances (Tevez, Giggs, Carrick etc), although almost had a heart attack when Lampard hit the bar!!!. Penalties is not just luck as some people say, it's a skill. Edwin should have saved Cole's easily, and Man U's penaltys were by far the better taken ones. Anderson's in particular was brill, 19 Years old, barely 5mins on the pitch and has the onions to put it down the middle against Cech. Giggs' was calm and collective, couldn't expect anything less from someone with his experience. So glad Terry missed before that, never had such a bigh relief in my life! Everyone in the ground could see Anelka has his head down walking to the penalty spot, Electric Atomosphere in the Stands!!! Everyone went crazy when Edwin saved it! What a legend!

Trophy parade was quality, was about 5 meters away from them!

Was a fantastic experience. Bring on 2008/09!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    lmao

When anyone looks back in the history books they will see; Chelsea 2007/08 Trophies = 0

I actually feel sorry for the manager as he has done really well but i couldnt ever be happy for them had they won with Drogba in the team. Totally deserved his red card, one of the highlights of the season for me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    2005 - liverpool - 3 nil down pulled back to draw and win on pens...more entertainment there
    Yawn.......that's history get over it.........

Thank Post
    The stats do not support that Utd were outplayed by Chelsea, Manchester United had More Possession, more teritorial advantage, Chelsea only managed to muster 1 shot on target in the entire 120 mins
    Exactly, at the end of the game Mau U had 67% possession which indicates that it was their mid field doing the 'bossing' around. I seem to remember Man U having the better scoring chances as well especially when i watched the game again last night.
    Overall an entertaining final especially as a neutral i've seen much worse i wasn't high scoring but a couple of goals is good and the woodwork was rattled a few times as well.

Drogba in the team. Totally deserved his red card, one of the highlights of the season for me.
    Yep that was ace :-)
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 23rd May 2008 at 10:36 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake_89 View Post
    Got back from Moscow Yesterday, Great Atmosphere, No Trouble and a brilliant game to watch.

Could be a biased view but United were the deserving team. The Champion's League isn't just about the final in my opinion. United have been by far the better team throughout the whole competition!

United were eaisly the best in the first half and had most of the possession with more shots and more shots on target. Second half Chelsea dominated with more chances, although scoreboard in the ground had it down as more United possesion. In extra time, I think United were the better team, more clear cut chances (Tevez, Giggs, Carrick etc), although almost had a heart attack when Lampard hit the bar!!!. Penalties is not just luck as some people say, it's a skill. Edwin should have saved Cole's easily, and Man U's penaltys were by far the better taken ones. Anderson's in particular was brill, 19 Years old, barely 5mins on the pitch and has the onions to put it down the middle against Cech. Giggs' was calm and collective, couldn't expect anything less from someone with his experience. So glad Terry missed before that, never had such a bigh relief in my life! Everyone in the ground could see Anelka has his head down walking to the penalty spot, Electric Atomosphere in the Stands!!! Everyone went crazy when Edwin saved it! What a legend!

Trophy parade was quality, was about 5 meters away from them!

Was a fantastic experience. Bring on 2008/09!
    mate, glad you had a great time, iv been a season ticket holder since the early 90s and would have love to go, unfortunately money was an issue big time
    I think your summary of the game is the correct one, any NORMAL football fan would agree, its a pity that some people cant see the wood for the trees
    bring on next season, cant wait.
    VIVA RONALDO

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast