+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Just when I thought EMBC/ Synetrix couldn’t get worse. Change in way you report probl in General; OK Sorry I took it personally and was a bit childish with my response - as has been pointed out ...

Thank Post
    OK
    Sorry I took it personally and was a bit childish with my response - as has been pointed out to me

Thank Post
    I think this post illustrates the need to give hard facts to back up an opinion.

I've had dealings in the past with EDIT (when that was their name) and like with anyone I've had good and bad. I've had someone on site the same day to reimage my laptop (we didn't have an image onsite with MS Office). I've also had someone come to sort out a problem with the network who were stumped once they'd tried pinging the router and had no idea what to do next. (Thankfully they got out of the network installations game ages ago).

I think technical support is always a problem since it's hard to recruit knowledgeable staff to first line support and many customers want to speak to someone who can help straight away. It's like phoning Sky and being told to switch your box on and off, or phoning your mobile phone company to be told to clean your SIM card contacts.

As for network installations etc - different schools have different requirements. What works for a primary school may not work for a special - that's one of the drawbacks of the way the LA groups them into the same category when clearly they are not.

Perhaps next time posters could give a little more information to back up personal opinions - it also helps those people who seek to make improvements.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12