+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Made redundant in General; So ive been made redundant from one of my school I.T. Tech jobs at an infant school. Apprently they cant ...

Thank Post

Made redundant

So ive been made redundant from one of my school I.T. Tech jobs at an infant school. Apprently they cant afford to pay me 250 quid a month and the I.T. Co-ordinator will do more + the outsourcing company (School care) which currently comes in 2 hours a month charging 35 an hour will come in. - Dono if anything sneaky is going on, or they are getting rid of me on purpose.. I was debating whether to teach the I.C.T co-ordinator how to run a network but I cant be assed. It will be interesting to see how they cope!

My hours will be apprently be transferred to the other school that I work at who were offering me more hours and jobs next term anyway. So basically Ive ended up worse of with less hours next september

Great!! Although I hate the infant school I am stuffed now and was looking foward to working 3 days a week and getting extra quals. Now I am gonna have to start looking for grad schemes/ full time jobs from late august.

Ah well.. NvM.

Thank Post
    Sorry to hear about that.
    Where abouts in Dorset are you?
    We have a job going for an IT Tech over the border in Somerset if you are interested I can send you some details?

Thank Post
    I am In bournemouth area. So its a bit of a trek to Somerset . Thankyou for the offer. Would be interesting to see the details though if thats ok? Might be a possibility.

Cheers

Thank Post
    No probs.
    I have previously posted it on the jobs forum ICT Technician - Castle Cary, Somerset.
    Have a look and see what you think?
    If you are interested, let me know.
    All the best,
    Glenn.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Also contact SpecialAgent, the jobs forum sponser. He might be able to get you some contract work.

Thank Post
    having read previous posts it soudns like your better off out, the external company and ict coordinator both seem to eb respected, while you dind't seem to get the credit you were due.

Thank Post
    Glennt great offer but just a bit to far for me. Cheers though.

Geoff I will email the forum sponsor cheers.

I also agree with Strawberry. It hasnt been a very pleasent experiance working at the Infants, its a shame I will probably have to leave the Juniors so soon. The jobs I have been asked to do are pretty bad, onwards and upwards though.

I can't survive on less than 400 quid a month just after graduating when some of my fellow graduates will be starting on graduate schemes on
    26k.

The plan was to work three days a week and get MCSA with CompTIA electives, but thats off the charts now. Hopefully something comes along soon..

Thank Post
    No probs Jiser.
    If location is important, I have seen quite a few IT jobs [non-education] advertised in the Bournemouth area recently. I guess it's probably not what you want but it may do for the meantime.
    Good luck anyway

Thank Post
    I'd recommend leaving on good terms, but being clear about how much it will cost them when they need you back to sort out an "emergency"...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser View Post

The plan was to work three days a week and get MCSA with CompTIA electives, but thats off the charts now. Hopefully something comes along soon..
    MCSA is achieveable mate, i did it in 18 months working full time. Having a network to practise on really helped. Dont think that the mcsa on paper will be enough, the mcsa is a document that shows you have x skill, but you really still need the experience that goes with it.

Thank Post
    Yup all aware of the the paper only peeps! All from certforums.co.uk

I plan to have 3-4 years experiance when I finish my MCSA - probs be redundant by then.

1) N+ by September
    2) Administrating/Installing sever 2003 - possibly by next march/april

I have two years of I.T. experiance by june and started using server 2003/exchange etc almost str8 away. One of those years was placement year in industry.

Thank Post
    ms recommends 1 years experience for the mcsa, after 2 years you should be fine mate. Each mcp should take around 3 months, much longer than that you'll likely forget the stuff you study in the beginning!.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,692 Posts
    Jiser: Schoolcare are looking for good techs - why not join them?Tell Steve (the MD) that I sent you!
    I lost one of my jobs recently and I wrote to all the local schools that I knew didn't have a lot of IT expertise (first schools over here in Dorset but would be other infants for you) explaining who I am and what I do and one out of 4 replied - it looks as if they are going to give me some hours - why not give it a go?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread