+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Manchester has been invaded!! in General; Full Time Score - Rangers 0-2 Zenit St Whoever...

Thank Post
    Full Time Score - Rangers 0-2 Zenit St Whoever

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Full Time Score - Rangers 0-2 Zenit St Whoever
    what a joke rangers' were, barely able to string two passes together and with they're strategy of clearing the ball from their own half repeatedly it meant that what fleeting chances came their way they HAD to ateast hit the target...

no excuse for skying that last minute chance, not that rangers or walter smith deserved to win.

i was right, the uefa cup is shite these days.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    the uefa cup is shite these days.
    Yep, if teams like boro and rangers can get to the final... (I support boro btw but id never class them as a great european team).

I was really suprised as i thought rangers would be well and truely dicked like boro were by seville. Did well imo but you could deffinatly see they play their football in the scotish league.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Oh, sport. Boooriiiing. This is so much better and exciting.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Shocking behaviour by the rangers fans

BBC NEWS | UK | The Uefa Cup Final day in video

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    After seeing pics of some of these idiots ans what they got up to while guests in another country, i'm somewhat ashamed to be Scottish.
    "The telly's broken, let's riot!". Mongs.

Thank Post
    Tell me about it. My School is a boarding school in the city centre. Manchester Council being the idiots that they are decided to put one of the fanzones by our school, with the school being one of the 'fences' in effect.

Unfortunately I'm also involved with the Boarding side of the school and we spent an evening removing trespassing Rangers fans who were trying to bypass the council security to get to the screens. We'd already had to send the day pupils home by 2pm as Manchester was at a standstill and the fans were already gathering and had ended up locking our kids in from 3.30pm!

Who in their right mind opens beer tents at 11am next to a school and then invites many thousands of so called football fans to go there.

Looking out into the streets this morning reminds me of the carnage that happened when the IRA hit Manc.

There was no chance to talk through plans with the council, they just told us it was happening and we didn't get full details of their plans until Monday.

We had a policeman in school this morning to give a talk. He said that police were just totally outnumbered last night, and the council had ignored every recommendation they had given.

The whole situation was disgusting.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Is it just me or does this remind anyone of 28 Weeks Later?
    Beware the Zombies.

YouTube - UEFA Cup final Disturbance (2)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Yep, if teams like boro and rangers can get to the final... (I support boro btw but id never class them as a great european team).

I was really suprised as i thought rangers would be well and truely dicked like boro were by seville. Did well imo but you could deffinatly see they play their football in the scotish league.
    to be fair to boro sevilla were and are a better team than zenit imo...

zenit were there for the taking, any half decent attacking side would have fancied their chances against zenit in a one-game final on neutral territory. But 'Gers were totaly inept, reminding everyone that they got to the final by luck more than anything else....to make matters worse some of their fans went on a rampage following a two-bob tournament - good one 'Gers zombies.

I really think from now on the uefa cup final should be consigned to the artic wastlands of sibera.

Thank Post
    At times I feel sorry for the real Rangers fans that have to put up with such a high level of idiots that follow follow the Rangers.

Sorry Manchester, now you know why many Celts dont like the old firm association!

"Winning was important, aye, but it was the way that we have won that has filled me with satisfaction. We did it by playing football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football. There was not a negative thought in our heads. Inter played right into our hands; it's so sad to see such gifted players shackled by a system that restricts their freedom to think and to act. Our fans would never accept that sort of sterile approach. Our objective is always to try to win with style."
    (Jock Stein, 1967)

"Lets keep them out for 90mins. Then play for penalties."
    (Walter Smith - Season 07-08)
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 15th May 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rreynolds24 View Post
    Shocking behaviour by the rangers fans

BBC NEWS | UK | The Uefa Cup Final day in video
    OMFG! I think Hadrian was onto something all them years ago ;-)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    At times I feel sorry for the real Rangers fans that have to put up with such a high level of idiots that follow follow the Rangers.

Sorry Manchester, now you know why many Celts dont like the old firm association!

"Winning was important, aye, but it was the way that we have won that has filled me with satisfaction. We did it by playing football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football. There was not a negative thought in our heads. Inter played right into our hands; it's so sad to see such gifted players shackled by a system that restricts their freedom to think and to act. Our fans would never accept that sort of sterile approach. Our objective is always to try to win with style."
    (Jock Stein, 1967)

"Lets keep them out for 90mins. Then play for penalties."
    (Walter Smith - Season 07-08)
    My thoughts exactly, when i said rangers didn't deserve to win in my previous post i made a point to also mention Walter smith didn't deserve it either...

When zenit scored that goal, there wasn't a lot of time left in the game, Smith didn't get off the bench to urge his payers to stay focused and to push on to look for an equalizer...

No, he turned a page in his notepad, and then carried on writing, not lifting his head up at all. It was obvious he was writing down a formation/positional change and on came the substitues a couple of minutes later, but how can you have a plan b when you're plan a is to hold out for a draw in a european final ?? plan b for such a negative plan a and an everage team like 'Gers is to hoof the ball into the box hoping to get the scraps from the knockdowns. Not exactly something you need to write down and draw pretty diagrams for is it walter ?

He doesn't have the players that jock stein had at his disposal, and to a large extent he's done well with what he's got....but that's still no excuse for such negative tactics.

I can only imagine instructions to the subs of slotting in there and supporting this player or making runs here and there were completely pointless...

for any rangers player tonight the instruction should of been get hold of the ball and retain possession, but then that's too much to expect from scottish champions elect. And behaving like members of the human race was too much to expect from some of their fans.

Thank Post
    What's annoyed me is that the Radio Stations in Manchester and GMP appear to be branding all Rangers fans, and by default all Scottish Fans, with the same bad rep..

They over look the point that out of 100,000 + fans - only a very small portion of them caused some trouble.. and that it was contained to the area of a fanzone (Piccadilly Gardens in this case) - this is the whole point of creating the zones - to CONTAIN any trouble..

now all the Man U fans are up in arms cos they wont get a big screen to watch their match with Chelsea next week...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    What's annoyed me is that the Radio Stations in Manchester and GMP appear to be branding all Rangers fans, and by default all Scottish Fans, with the same bad rep..

They over look the point that out of 100,000 + fans - only a very small portion of them caused some trouble.. and that it was contained to the area of a fanzone (Piccadilly Gardens in this case) - this is the whole point of creating the zones - to CONTAIN any trouble..

now all the Man U fans are up in arms cos they wont get a big screen to watch their match with Chelsea next week...
    It was estimated the figure was closer to 200,000.....and it seems fairly obvious that amongst that number there was likely to be a substantial minority who would end up causing trouble.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast