+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Advice for anyone buying SMART SENTEO system in General; Not sure if this is in the right forum Just recieved delivery of our shiny new SENTEO student response system ...
    Thank Post

Advice for anyone buying SMART SENTEO system

Not sure if this is in the right forum

Just recieved delivery of our shiny new SENTEO student response system and what a PITA it's been, the software that comes with it on a CD requires activating but if you follow the instructions that come with the software it asks you to click "find license key" button the catch is there isn't one!

I e-mailed SMART a week ago and they replied this morning (with apologies i must admit, but a week for support requests is taking the pi$$ a little)

apparently the software that comes on the disc is a different version to the one they wrote the instructions for and you can't activate the software that comes with it(confused? i was!) so you have to go to the smart website and download the software(something about having senteo service pack 1 for it)

--------not sure if this next bit applies to everyone--------------

Then when i finally got to "find license key" it continually says "plug reciever into available USB port) which i did and clicked okay and it popped up again and again and again....

Had to go into device manager and delete it then re-plug it back in and finally it accepted it after another 10 clicks of "retry"

eventually all sorted and it looks like a decent bit of kit but a slight PITA to get setup hope this helps anyone else having problems or who are about to purchase SENTEO

Thank Post
    We trialled one and proceeded to buy it, from what I hear from a colleague setup was pretty painless.
    I think we were given an updated CD from our SMART reseller though and the hardware thing is possibly a one off?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    We trialled one and proceeded to buy it, from what I hear from a colleague setup was pretty painless.
    I think we were given an updated CD from our SMART reseller though and the hardware thing is possibly a one off?
    Yeah think the hardware issuse was just my machine messing up but thought i'd just post advice for if anyone else has the same problem

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread