+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, The Apprentice in General; Excellent Article by the Guardian that I found on Margaret Mountford - Sir Alan Sugar's aides in the boardroom: Anna ...

Thank Post

The Apprentice

Excellent Article by the Guardian that I found on Margaret Mountford - Sir Alan Sugar's aides in the boardroom:

Anna Pickard on the real star of The Apprentice, Margaret Mountford | Media | The Guardian

She's Absolutely Fantastic!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep she is a great compliment to the program there's no denying that bless her lol

Thank Post
    If they don't get rid of Claire I fear I may kill myself.

Like god kills kittens, only worse, much worse!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yep she really is becoming irratating now isnt she , I love it when she came out with "At work people call me the pitbull lol"

Thank Post
    What lazy reporting, Nick didn't say "he's clever isn't he, didn't he go to edinburgh"...he said more like, "he's a smart/bright boy, he studied the classics at edinburgh"

Margaret did say "edinburgh isn't what it used to be" and she described michael as being a "waste of space". I agree she's very candid and very sharp, then again so is Nick, but neither of them is the 'real star'. Sur'Alan is the real star and his aides are great compliments on the programme...

the way he laid into michael re the whole jewish/kosher thing was brilliant. Watching michael squirm and then admit to being only half-jewish was hilarious...

tbh in Alan sugars current line of work, property, he'll probably be looking for someone with a good degree and educated to a high level like last years winner. I don't think he's looking for a salesman, more someone who's articulate and educated.

I personally think the risk assessor (forget her name) is an absolute shoe-in as the winner, she has the education and the management skills. And she can handle herself in the boardroom situations when she needs to save her skin.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    What lazy reporting, Nick didn't say "he's clever isn't he, didn't he go to edinburgh"...he said more like, "he's a smart/bright boy, he studied the classics at edinburgh"

Margaret did say "edinburgh isn't what it used to be" and she described michael as being a "waste of space". I agree she's very candid and very sharp, then again so is Nick, but neither of them is the 'real star'. Sur'Alan is the real star and his aides are great compliments on the programme...

the way he laid into michael re the whole jewish/kosher thing was brilliant. Watching michael squirm and then admit to being only half-jewish was hilarious...

tbh in Alan sugars current line of work, property, he'll probably be looking for someone with a good degree and educated to a high level like last years winner. I don't think he's looking for a salesman, more someone who's articulate and educated.

I personally think the risk assessor (forget her name) is an absolute shoe-in as the winner, she has the education and the management skills. And she can handle herself in the boardroom situations when she needs to save her skin.
    I think the risk assessor is brilliant too - Lucinda; although it was a disgrace that she was bullied by Jenni and Helene - it didn't work! I like the way Lee and Raef executed their tasks and to me all three of them make a fantastic team!

Thank Post
    That would be my only reservation with her, that she could be bullied very easily. Yes she handles herself well in the boardroom but in the stress of tasks she has crumpled a few times.

Her, Rafe or the scary team leader from this week (Lee?)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I thought Lucinda had cooked it the other week when Sir Alan said summing about not needing a risk assessor to tell him about risks

She's good but she's a bit stiff

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Alex has to go, he's the wettest one there. Sitting back so he doesn't get in trouble and saying about three words per task.
    Claire has to go if nothing for not stepping up to the plate last week to help her team out with doing the pitch. Even if it was last minute, you could have stepped up and done a far better job than Georgey Daws

Thank Post
    This weeks show was brilliant! The chicken fiasco was a classic.

Thank Post
    I thought it was only me and my housemates that loved the aides. Nick is a secret legend!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    Hes not gonna get very lucky then because the producers have obviously tried so hard to make it a fun reality show, theyve managed to pick the 12 people with the least common sense in the UK. Makes for funny TV but a good employee?

That said, Lucinda is very good, and mental, which is why I like her . Sara seems pretty intelligent and switched on, hope she goes far. And Raef is just a legend

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Raefs final comment on the 'youre fired' show was superb.
    it was a clip from the next episode and he's in the car talking to claire saying
    'what you have to remember is that these size 16 or 32 women are size 16 or 32 for a reason...............they like cake'

its absolute comedy gold. go watch it on iplayer, its hilarious how he starts it off like its the biggest fact youll ever learn...then ends with a cracking punchline........and says it to claire!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Hes not gonna get very lucky then because the producers have obviously tried so hard to make it a fun reality show, theyve managed to pick the 12 people with the least common sense in the UK. Makes for funny TV but a good employee?

That said, Lucinda is very good, and mental, which is why I like her . Sara seems pretty intelligent and switched on, hope she goes far. And Raef is just a legend
    they might not have common sense in real world tasks like selling fish on a market stall, but you don't need to have that sort of common sense to command six figure salaries in the city. You need to be able to operate within that bubble.

I was somewhat disaapointed and a little surprised that raef didn't start speaking fluent french when he was bartering for the cow hide.

Thank Post
    I was a bit disappointed at Margaret's comments..

Nick Davies Bsc (Hons) Comp Science.. Edinburgh...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast