+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Suprised by Dell Support! in General; We installed a new Dell Poweredge 1900 server in January, and all has been running fine... untl this week when ...
    Thank Post

Suprised by Dell Support!

We installed a new Dell Poweredge 1900 server in January, and all has been running fine... untl this week when the clever LCD display on the front reported a PCIe Fatal Error.

After calling Dell tech support for 45 minutes and working through a soultion it was clear there was a motherboard faut.

I ended the call at 10am, and the new Dell Motherboard had arrived by 12:30pm. The engineer then arrived at 2pm and fitted the new motherboard.

I was pretty sceptical about their "4 Hour response" but I was pleasantly suprised!

Well done Dell... (on this occasion!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamchapman View Post
    We installed a new Dell Poweredge 1900 server in January, and all has been running fine... untl this week when the clever LCD display on the front reported a PCIe Fatal Error.

After calling Dell tech support for 45 minutes and working through a soultion it was clear there was a motherboard faut.

I ended the call at 10am, and the new Dell Motherboard had arrived by 12:30pm. The engineer then arrived at 2pm and fitted the new motherboard.

I was pretty sceptical about their "4 Hour response" but I was pleasantly suprised!

Well done Dell... (on this occasion!)
    Dell has the best server support by far....the only company with whom you'd get through to a server engineer with a uk accent. And in a lot of cases i've been given support enginner emails to contact them regarding follow up issues.

Main whinge about dell has been getting prices. Now i just get the costs online as the schools support are impossible to get hold of. no probs.....

luckily i go elsewhere for advanced storage needs due to cost and getting the required info from presales. Straightforward purchases it's Dell....advanced products then it's other OEM's.

Thank Post
    They've been spot on with all of our servers..heh. When Jem bought the Vostro it had a faulty key on the keyboard..it's under business class support for 5 years, and one call later a new KB turned up next day. Not before the phone tech had talked her through removing and refitting the existing one as well.

We were both quite impressed..especially as when I called them 2 years back needing a KB for my Inspiron, they told me it was an RTB job, and not an "end user" task.

I just bought a keyboard from a chinese laptop breaker on the net for a fiver..heh. Still going strong.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'd also echo praise for Dell Server support. Absolutely superb.

Again my problem has been with sales. Online is a nightmare - what looks a good deal to start turns out to be hugely expensive as you add the essentials. Telephone sales it has been rare to have the same person dealing with your enquiry - if it's protracted and I hear stories of far better prices if the order is placed as a business rather than a school.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread