+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Well Done Chelsea in General; That website is laughable - "Already crowned Right Result title winners, Manchester United completed their domestic programme in style with ...

Thank Post
    That website is laughable -

"Already crowned Right Result title winners, Manchester United completed their domestic programme in style with a win at Wigan Athletic. The final day win should have been even more emphatic as United should have been awarded a second-half penalty for Titus Bramble’s trip on Paul Scholes. Whether the former England midfielder should have still been on the field of play at that stage is debatable but outside of the Right Result remit.

The Right Result is a 3-0 win for Manchester United. "

No mention of Ferdinand's handball? Shocking! If Wigan had got that penalty and Scholes would have got sent off as he should have been the result would have been very different.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshTechie View Post
    That website is laughable -

"Already crowned Right Result title winners, Manchester United completed their domestic programme in style with a win at Wigan Athletic. The final day win should have been even more emphatic as United should have been awarded a second-half penalty for Titus Bramble’s trip on Paul Scholes. Whether the former England midfielder should have still been on the field of play at that stage is debatable but outside of the Right Result remit.

The Right Result is a 3-0 win for Manchester United. "

No mention of Ferdinand's handball? Shocking! If Wigan had got that penalty and Scholes would have got sent off as he should have been the result would have been very different.
    The league table doesn't lie...

The "right result" table agrees and puts United further ahead.

The more exciting team won the league.

I'm looking forward to a week Wednesday.

Thank Post
    I've never said that the league table lies, and earlier i did mention the fact that Man Utd deserved to win it this year. My point has been about the Wigan game and how Steve Bennett gave you very favourable decisions.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    The league table doesn't lie...

The "right result" table agrees and puts United further ahead.

The more exciting team won the league.

I'm looking forward to a week Wednesday.
    if the league doesn't then united wouldn't have needed a leg up from very dodgy refereeing decisions on the final day of the season...

As for wednesday, i'm almost past caring who wins...but i do happen to think chelsea matchup very well against united in a one match scenario. It's a toss up as to who prevails...but i think it's probably the best chance united will ever have of winning second european cup under fergie, it would be a massive blow to future european aspirations if they're arch rivals do them over. How embarassing for fergie if avram grant wins the cup at his first attempt.

If they do lose atleast they'll have the league title as consolation prize.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    Infact if it wasn't for wenger, and to a lesser extent fergie, completely devaluing the FA cup by sending out second string teams year in year out..we wouldn't have the situation where every domestic competition is second fiddle to the league.
    They definitely had a full strength team out when Pompey beat them at Old Trafford!

Van der Sar (Kuszczak 46), Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Hargreaves (Carrick 68), Nani, Rooney, Tevez (Anderson 68).

Thank Post
    if the league doesn't then united wouldn't have needed a leg up from very dodgy refereeing decisions on the final day of the season...

As for wednesday, i'm almost past caring who wins...but i do happen to think chelsea matchup very well against united in a one match scenario. It's a toss up as to who prevails...but i think it's probably the best chance united will ever have of winning second european cup under fergie, it would be a massive blow to future european aspirations if they're arch rivals do them over. How embarassing for fergie if avram grant wins the cup at his first attempt.

If they do lose atleast they'll have the league title as consolation prize.
    its hardly a consolation prize is it, winning the best league in europe, beating chelsea, liverpool and arsenal, some of the best teams in europe?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philtomo-25 View Post
    its hardly a consolation prize is it, winning the best league in europe, beating chelsea, liverpool and arsenal, some of the best teams in europe?
    He's looking for the rise....the thing is...his team haven't won the league for going on a generation now.

For Liverpool, the league means everything...and once again they fall very, very short.

I'm sure it'll be their year next year though...

Thank Post
    boro supporter here what more can i say 8-1

Thank Post
    8-1 :-) damn that was good

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    8-1 :-) damn that was good
    yeah twas nice, especially against city

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elky View Post
    They definitely had a full strength team out when Pompey beat them at Old Trafford!

Van der Sar (Kuszczak 46), Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Hargreaves (Carrick 68), Nani, Rooney, Tevez (Anderson 68).
    the damage to the competition was done long before this season...when wenger used to bang out on about only caring for the premiership, and used to field weaken teams in the FA cup.

These days he's obviously had a slight change of heart as his team haven't one the premiership for several seasons the FA cup becomes more important when it suits him...

I would say the premier league is the consolation prize for united because the European Cup has always been more important, if you're Man Utd and winning the league title has been a habit over the last 10 years, adding to the clubs two European cup wins has to be the big prize....at the very least fergie would like to take the club clear of forests' haul of 2 european cups under cloughie, and he desperately wants to emulate cloughs achivement in europe.

The team fergie played against bayern in 99 isn't a patch on the team he'll field a week on wednesday but great teams are judged on how they fare in this competition . European games have a completely different atmosphere and sense of anticipation than the domestic games between the big four, it is the knockout stages of the european cup where true legends are made. Does anyone outside of Madrid give a toss how many spanish leagues the great Real Madrid team of puskus and di stefano accumulated ? No. what people remeber and why they are legends of world football is because of those 5 european cup wins, most notable that match against eintracht frankfurt.

Ryan giggs may have equalled bobby charltons appearance record and scored to clinch the 10th title for united under fergie, but what would he give to score in a european cup final victory ? That would be worth all 10 of his premiershit titles.

English football has got it's priorities completely wrong, club over country and domestic over european football. The greats of the game are judged on european nights and euro and world cup competitions not the bleedin' two-tier premier league where the defending has more holes than st. andrews.

Maradona was awesome for napoli and barca but it is for mexico 86 he is remembered.
    Cruff was a star in the all dominant ajax team in holland, but it was the teams performances in europe and his performances in the 1974 world cup that made him a great.
    Pele scored hundreds of goals for a club he spent his entire career at....but it would have all been for nothing if he hadn't played in brazil in 1970.
    Even for George Best, who never played for a competitive international team, the european final of 1968 is his greatest moment as a footballer.

Ryan giggs' most prized medal is his 1999 european cup winners medal, even his greatest moment as a footballer didn't come in the premierleague...it came against Arsenal in the FA cup replay when he scored THAT goal and did THAT celebration.
    Last edited by torledo; 12th May 2008 at 01:33 PM.

Thank Post

As for liverpool, benitez i think is a terrific manager, but someone really should tell him incessant squad rotation is no longer the thing to do...the best XI tend to play week in week out while resting tired players is preffered to giving everyone a game.. i think he's finally got to the situation of having his backbone in place...reina in goal, mascherano holding, gerrard advancing, with torres up front. But outside of these positions he has a lot of mediocrity and inconsistent players. You worry about benitez if you gave him 20million to spend on a player he'd either do a brilliant bit of business like the torres signing....or he'd have a brain f$%t and use the money to buy two or three mediocre players. He loves persisting with average players does rafa...just ask dirk kuyt and ryan babel.
    ryan babel average...shut up lol

Thank Post
    if theres a website about decisions then they might as well do one of those what if their star player didnt play all season i.e. torres for pool, ronaldo for mancs etc etc..we wld find liverpool and united not in the top 4. and according to that site pool should have won 3-2 against blackburn...not counting the penalty shouts which were blatent!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    if theres a website about decisions then they might as well do one of those what if their star player didnt play all season i.e. torres for pool, ronaldo for mancs etc etc..we wld find liverpool and united not in the top 4. and according to that site pool should have won 3-2 against blackburn...not counting the penalty shouts which were blatent!
    The only thing blatant about them was Gerrard's HORRIFIC diving.

People in glass houses....

He should STFU about Carvalho and Ronaldo and look closer to home - him and Torres are shocking. Gerrard's perfected the 'synchronised dive and pleading look at the referee' - it's a thing of beauty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I
    Last edited by mortstar; 12th May 2008 at 02:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    The only thing blatant about them was Gerrard's HORRIFIC diving.

People in glass houses....

He should STFU about Carvalho and Ronaldo and look closer to home - him and Torres are shocking. Gerrard's perfected the 'synchronised dive and pleading look at the referee' - it's a thing of beauty.
    i never talk about diving as everyone is a culprit!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast