+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Well Done Chelsea in General; Originally Posted by mortstar No. Football didn't start in 93. We've won it 17 times....1 more to beat the dippers. ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    No.

Football didn't start in 93.

We've won it 17 times....1 more to beat the dippers.
    yeah true,

think i aged a few years watching that yesterday, when we were at 1-0 and heskey headed that chance inches over my heart nearly stopped

Full steam ahead moscow

Thank Post
    It was good to see Giggs score he deserved that and even better that Scholes will play in Moscow, now if only he would play for England again.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philtomo-25 View Post
    yeah true,

think i aged a few years watching that yesterday, when we were at 1-0 and heskey headed that chance inches over my heart nearly stopped

Full steam ahead moscow
    Why were you worried? You had Steve Bennett on your side.

Thank Post
    There was talk in the papers that Capello will try to lure Scholes and Carragher back in

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshTechie View Post
    Why were you worried? You had Steve Bennett on your side.
    he was just evening it out for his awful refereeing in the past.
    he aint the best ref around, but it WAS a penalty

Thank Post
    Probably was, but Ferdinand should have been penalised for his handball in the area AND Paul Scholes should have been sent off. Two very very poor decisions.

Anyway, i'm not bitter. Pains me to say it, but you've deserved to win the league this year.

Thank Post
    @ flashsnaps: yes he's identified him as a key player apparently.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flashsnaps View Post
    There was talk in the papers that Capello will try to lure Scholes and Carragher back in
    Dont know about Scholes, but highly doubt Carragher will come out of retirement

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshTechie View Post
    Probably was, but Ferdinand should have been penalised for his handball in the area AND Paul Scholes should have been sent off. Two very very poor decisions.

Anyway, i'm not bitter. Pains me to say it, but you've deserved to win the league this year.
    I'm sure you were just as vociferous about handball decisions in the Blackburn game. Or perhaps you weren't...?

The old cliché is these things even themselves out....

If you want to know who's the big winners in wrong decisions - look here The Right Result - Football's bad decisions and incidents - certainly not United - it was those cheeky scouse scamps (well half of them anyway).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mortstar View Post
    I'm sure you were just as vociferous about handball decisions in the Blackburn game. Or perhaps you weren't...?

The old cliché is these things even themselves out....

If you want to know who's the big winners in wrong decisions - look here The Right Result - Football's bad decisions and incidents - certainly not United - it was those cheeky scouse scamps (well half of them anyway).
    that is total codswollop when man united are concerned....only one penalty given against them ALL season, and with that wino Fergie and carlos 'i was rubbish at Real wasn't i' quieroz berating referees and fourth officials when they don't like the decisions is it any wonder referees are too scared to give decisions against united...

bennett had a clear view of the feridnand handball, scholes gets a yellow for going through the back of the wigan player and then cynically blocks another player with no intention to get the ball...and yet neither action is worthy of the ref doing anything.

scholes new himself he was in the s$%t...he turned around quick as a flash desperate to plead innocence. shocking refereeing..

It also begs the question if bennett was happy to talk to scholes, give him a warning, why was he not able to do the same to mascherano or atleast pull gerrard to one side to explain he would send mascherano off if he piped up again...for such a stern referee a chat with scholes was so out of a character it does open up accusations of him being scared of giving anything against man united. bennett is a class A bottler, and should not be referreing in the premiership ever again.

what i did find funny was fergie celebrating on the touchline at the end, jumping around like a granny who's numbers have come up at the bingo...

funny and tragic, what a sad odious little man he is. fergie and bennett deserve each other....i wouldn't be surprised if fergie fed bennett a sugar lump at the end of the match out of view and said 'there you go, well done my lovely little horse' as he pats bennet on the back and ruffles his hair.

Man Utd are a great team and have a tremendously successful manager...but they have got to be the least likeable outfit in football history. And can someone pls explain why on earth that greasy show pony ronaldo has to make an expression as if he's taking a dump in his goal celebration.

11. Thanks to torledo from:

philtomo-25 (12th May 2008)

Thank Post

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    that is total codswollop when man united are concerned....only one penalty given against them ALL season, and with that wino Fergie and carlos 'i was rubbish at Real wasn't i' quieroz berating referees and fourth officials when they don't like the decisions is it any wonder referees are too scared to give decisions against united...

bennett had a clear view of the feridnand handball, scholes gets a yellow for going through the back of the wigan player and then cynically blocks another player with no intention to get the ball...and yet neither action is worthy of the ref doing anything.

scholes new himself he was in the s$%t...he turned around quick as a flash desperate to plead innocence. shocking refereeing..

It also begs the question if bennett was happy to talk to scholes, give him a warning, why was he not able to do the same to mascherano or atleast pull gerrard to one side to explain he would send mascherano off if he piped up again...for such a stern referee a chat with scholes was so out of a character it does open up accusations of him being scared of giving anything against man united. bennett is a class A bottler, and should not be referreing in the premiership ever again.

what i did find funny was fergie celebrating on the touchline at the end, jumping around like a granny who's numbers have come up at the bingo...

funny and tragic, what a sad odious little man he is. fergie and bennett deserve each other....i wouldn't be surprised if fergie fed bennett a sugar lump at the end of the match out of view and said 'there you go, well done my lovely little horse' as he pats bennet on the back and ruffles his hair.

Man Utd are a great team and have a tremendously successful manager...but they have got to be the least likeable outfit in football history. And can someone pls explain why on earth that greasy show pony ronaldo has to make an expression as if he's taking a dump in his goal celebration.
    Brilliant!

Liverpool fan by any chance???

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post

Haha

Mate, look a the link I posted before and you'll see who's been on the receiving end of the majority of fluky decisions. United would have 91 points not 87 and the dippers would be in UEFA.

Good luck at your all-or-nothing run at 4th place next year

Thank Post
    Thats quite an interesting website from a What If? kind of scenario.

Cant say I entirely agree with how they work it out though..notably these 2 rules.

1) Penalties adjudged to have been given are assumed to be scored

and

3) Score changes are related to specific decisions only (e.g. a red card for a player does not change the score - even if the player who scores should not have been on the pitch at the time.)

1) Penalties do get missed, even by the best players, so a bit wonky to simply assume that all are scored, not sure how else to work out whether it would have been a goal or not though

3) This one seems very weird to me though, if they are deciding that player x should have been sent off, then I dont see how they can keep the scoreline the same, ESPECIALLY if the goal was scored by the same guy they just decided should have been sent off.

Nevertheless, interesting though

Thank Post
    Scholes walked over to the ref and apologised and humbly took the lecture then walked away, he didn't unload a torrent of foul mouthed abuse at the ref.

Scholes didn't get the blatant penalty as the ref knew deep down that he would be on dodgy ground if he gave it to a player that debatably shouldn't of been on the pitch.

A side note:

I think players that insult the ref should be fined big time and if a whole team surround the ref in an attempt to change the decision they should be punished as a group.
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 12th May 2008 at 12:26 PM.

Thank Post
    no, not a 'pool supporter, i'm one of those rare things a neutral fan of the beautiful game....

i have to say there are aspects of the other three that make up the top four that i also dislike...arsenals tendency to try and walk the ball into the net and emmanuel adaboyars general prattishness on a football pitch plus the fact their manager gives fergie a run for his money as most dislikable manager.

Infact if it wasn't for wenger, and to a lesser extent fergie, completely devaluing the FA cup by sending out second string teams year in year out..we wouldn't have the situation where every domestic competition is second fiddle to the league.

Wanna know what the biggest reaons for the FA cup's decline apart from terribly lacklustre finals ?, look no further than the saviour of english football Monsieur Arsene Wenger...count the number of englishmen in his staring XI.
    And then realise he and fergie have colluded to make a mockery of the biggest domestic cup compeitiotn in the world.

As for chelsea they're the blackburn of the noughties...success has been bought, but beautiful football cannot always be bought...berlusconi found that out at Milan, jack walker discovered that, and now abramovich has discovered that...why else is he conspicous by his absense at games. Even he finds his team decidedly underwhelming. Or maybe the idea of watching a £30million investment warming the bench is too much to bear. I personally think he's got his eyes firmly fixed on chelsea winnign the european cup in his home country. European cup this year is the turkey with the league being the trimmings...it's nothing short of disastrous for united to lose to chelsea in moscow.

As for liverpool, benitez i think is a terrific manager, but someone really should tell him incessant squad rotation is no longer the thing to do...the best XI tend to play week in week out while resting tired players is preffered to giving everyone a game.. i think he's finally got to the situation of having his backbone in place...reina in goal, mascherano holding, gerrard advancing, with torres up front. But outside of these positions he has a lot of mediocrity and inconsistent players. You worry about benitez if you gave him 20million to spend on a player he'd either do a brilliant bit of business like the torres signing....or he'd have a brain f$%t and use the money to buy two or three mediocre players. He loves persisting with average players does rafa...just ask dirk kuyt and ryan babel.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast