+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Well Done Chelsea in General; least we win our local derbies i bet ol manc fan here has never been to OT...
    Thank Post
    least we win our local derbies i bet ol manc fan here has never been to OT

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshTechie View Post
    Well thought out reply.
    yeah sorry, my mind just shuts off when i hear responses regarding united fans, the "prawn sandwich reference" and "all united fans live in london" are just so BORING

Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    least we win our local derbies i bet ol manc fan here has never been to OT
    mate iv been to old trafford more times than i can remember, been a season ticket holder since 1990.
    think some people on this forum should get out of there arm\PC chair a bit more......

Thank Post
    "My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f*****g perch. And you can print that" - Sir Alex Ferguson, 2002.

thats the thing with you mancs your obsessed by liverpool fc

Thank Post
    I personally can't wait till euro 2008, so we can get a break from this club vs club hot air....

what is it about club football ?, brings out the moron in the fans of the respective teams.

Also the best teams in the world are the international teams.....France would knock the crap out of any club team....and Argentina would likewise run rings around Man U or Liverpool.

Whereas in club football we have to put up with managers like Alex 'will not talk to the bbc' Ferguson, Arsene 'i did not see it' Wenger, and Rafa 'squad rotation' Benitez. And to cap it all we get anonymous brown-nosing managers like curbishley getting newspaper columns.

And very good players like Christiano 'he's still a show pony' Ronaldo are turned into messianic figures all because the defending in the English premier league is pi$$ poor.

Let's see how many goals he gets and how many of those stepovers work for him at euro 2008 where there are no easy games (apart from the hosts), and some great defensive units on show.

Roll on euro 2008 for the enjoyment of the game.

As for the offside rule....i personally would prefer to get rid of the interfering with play bit completely. The rule should be changed to the recepient of the pass being the only player who comes into the offside equation. That way, the chelsea goal stands becuase drogba neither receives the ball, nor is he the intended recpeient. If he receives the ball or debirately obstructs the keeper it's a freekick. Otherwise it stands as a goal.

The biggest problem with the offside rule is equivalent to adjudicating a runout cricket. It's virtually impossible to judge tight decisions with the naked eye in real-time....when the linesman raises his flag for a tight decision he's in a 50-50 frame of mind each and every time.

It would be ideal to leave it to technology to decide....unfortunatly replays would use up too much time, so my recommendation would be for the offside rule to only come into play in the first and last third of the pitch. That way you've got a line before which offside does not apply. There should be a dedicated offside linesperson patrolling the first and last third waiting to adjudicate those decisions.

That way you don't get these situations were linesmen are struggling to keep up with play.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philtomo-25 View Post

mate iv been to old trafford more times than i can remember, been a season ticket holder since 1990.
    think some people on this forum should get out of there arm\PC chair a bit more......
    ive been to see my beloved liverpool a fair few times this season sorry to say im not an armchair fan

Thank Post
    yeah sorry, my mind just shuts off when i hear responses regarding united fans, the "prawn sandwich reference" and "all united fans live in london" are just so BORING

Thing is, it was your own player that made the prawn sandwich reference so as a Liverpool fan i find it quite hillarious Truth be told though, the atmosphere at Old Trafford is poor, didn't Ferguson accuse the fans this year of just turning up and waiting for something to happen instead of going there and supporting the team?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshTechie View Post
    Thing is, it was your own player that made the prawn sandwich reference so as a Liverpool fan i find it quite hillarious Truth be told though, the atmosphere at Old Trafford is poor, didn't Ferguson accuse the fans this year of just turning up and waiting for something to happen instead of going there and supporting the team?
    think he said it was like a funeral during the birmingham city game this season?

Thank Post
    it was, i was there, mostly down to the fact that it was new years day and everyone was hungover
    dont think every game can be like the barcelona and big four game atmospheres, bring back standing thats what i say like they do in germany, places would be rocking!

Thank Post

let me be the first to credit to the mancs!
    the league does not lie and they proved it over the 38 games!

IN RAFA WE BELIVE!

Thank Post
    Not so well done then hey Chelsea? Well Done Fulham though!

Thank Post
    Class day of foot ball for me. Boro 8 - 1 ManC lmao!!!

And chelsea lost!!! Cant decide which is better yet! lmao

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Class day of foot ball for me. Boro 8 - 1 ManC lmao!!!
    Yeah I was quite surprised at that score, didnt see the game but I watched the scores coming in and couldnt help wondering if it was done as some kind of "protest" by the Man City players about Svens situation

Thank Post
    ...we won it ten times
    ...we won it ten times
    down at the JJB
    weve won it ten times

enough said

Thank Post
    thats the thing with you mancs your obsessed by liverpool fc
    Come on that goes both ways

Thank Post
    ...we won it ten times
    ...we won it ten times
    down at the JJB
    weve won it ten times

enough said
    No.

Football didn't start in 93.

We've won it 17 times....1 more to beat the dippers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast