+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Well Done Chelsea in General; Totally gutted about the result. To come back into the game so strongly and then lose in extra time, while ...

Thank Post
    Totally gutted about the result. To come back into the game so strongly and then lose in extra time, while not getting a deserved penalty (Drogba's trip on Hyypia) is hard to take. I'm confining myself to the office today as we have a few gloating mancs around here and i have no interest in what they have to say today.

kerrymoralee9280
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    Sorry but how was Essien's goal offside? None of the players in an offside position had anything to do with it!
    Because there were 3 men in an offside position, by about 2 3 and 5 yards! Fair enough they didn't touch the ball, but they clearly blocked Reina's sight and lessened his chances of getting to the ball.

Now the rules clearly state - You are offside when in an offside position AND interfering with play. 3 men! ALL interfering with play.

Now as for whoever said "these commentators are doing my nut in" (not exactly those words - If I EVER bump into Andy Gray he's getting 5 of the best from me. I can't stand the man! Him and Alan Hanson!

Thank Post
    Add Mark Lawrenson to that list

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshTechie View Post
    Totally gutted about the result. To come back into the game so strongly and then lose in extra time, while not getting a deserved penalty (Drogba's trip on Hyypia) is hard to take. I'm confining myself to the office today as we have a few gloating mancs around here and i have no interest in what they have to say today.
    i rather be beat by chelsea than face the stick if them mancs beat us in the final

--------
    FIVE finger salute (one for each time we have won it)
    ynwa
    --------
    Last edited by projector1; 1st May 2008 at 10:41 AM.

Thank Post
    liverpool fan here. we played pretty well 2nd half onwards but alas wasnt meant to be. drogba played well and i was actually impressed. and i felt for lampard when he scored the pen was almost in tears myself lol! cheslea were due luck against us in this competition and rightly so they got it! good luck to the final to both teams hope cheslea dont play their usual boring stuff!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrymoralee9280 View Post
    Because there were 3 men in an offside position, by about 2 3 and 5 yards! Fair enough they didn't touch the ball, but they clearly blocked Reina's sight and lessened his chances of getting to the ball.

Now the rules clearly state - You are offside when in an offside position AND interfering with play. 3 men! ALL interfering with play.

Now as for whoever said "these commentators are doing my nut in" (not exactly those words - If I EVER bump into Andy Gray he's getting 5 of the best from me. I can't stand the man! Him and Alan Hanson!
    drogba was only one interfering in play by jumping up in front of pepé rightly awarded for offside!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inbir316 View Post
    drogba was only one interfering in play by jumping up in front of pepé rightly awarded for offside!
    fair enough
    i didnt see a lot of replays on my slovakian stream over the internet lol
    but have seen it again and yeh Drogba was in front of Reina. The others wernt interfering imo though

kerrymoralee9280
    We watched it on Sky sidewinder and I have to say, the amount of replays was ridiculous - basically showed replays of the goals and when Gerrard pushed Avram over. That was it - couldn't believe. You are sat on the edge of the seat thinking was he offside and you'll never truly know!

Thank Post
    Probably the same pictures then, think all the broadcasters use the same video stream...and yeah its ridiculous. I often notice that with european games. Compared to Sky where they have replays of every little thing

kerrymoralee9280
    Fair enough it being the same video stream - but surely Sky have the technology to replay what they record at their peril?

Thank Post
    only thing that annoys me is there was the same scenario on saturday against birmingham..defender jumped in front of keeper to stop him saving the larsson freak kick. the offside rule is inconsistent..actually scrap that refereeing is inconsistent....whatever happened to carding the imaginary card wavers...cough essien!!! and on the weekend the whole respect to referees..poor mascherano was made an exmaple of becasue of that toe rag ashley cole! all of a sudden that idea has been scraped! bloody united players screaming abuse to the ref! no wonder our football association is a joke!

kerrymoralee9280
    We were saying last night - Only in the premiership can players get away with foul throws. There were literally hundreds of them last night, Essien mostly at fault and not one was given.

I play regular football (Sunday league) and they are given all the time. Players are too big for this sport now, and that includes Sunday League teams! What chance do we have for years to come with role models like there is now?

I agree whole heartedly with Birmingham. It was very clever what he did. But offside is offside and he was offside. How many times have I just said offside? OFFSIDE!

Thank Post
    The rule needs to go back to how it was before they introduced the whole 'not interfering with play'

It needs to be clear cut. If you are offside then you are offside and the whistle goes. Thats that

kerrymoralee9280
    @Elky: Yep - why confuse matters? The referees have a hard enough job having to face up to every premierships player every time he makes a decision.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshTechie View Post
    no worse than garcia's goal i assure you!!.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast