+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Advise please about a dispute in General; Guys need some advise about the following email. Basically I am completely hating working at this school where anotherone I ...

Thank Post

Advise please about a dispute

Guys need some advise about the following email. Basically I am completely hating working at this school where anotherone I work at is completely fine. I never get any thanks or breaks etc. I am doing my dissertation at the moment final 3 weeks of university and I am just feeling sick with stress. This is not helping.

A company called School Care i rearranged to visit us to sort out an issue last month. However they came in this month when they wern't meant to. Yet he blamed me? Even though I checked with him.

I was also asked to make a piece of furtinture which isnt in my job description. I am trying to get different things working for different teachers and with 8 hours I didnt have enough time even though i stayed late. Also laptops are being used by teachers to teach! ARGGGG

Anyway basically need some help with how to proceed. I am seriously thinking about just handing in my notice, I hate it, I hate the people and it all.

Email: (REMOVED -
    Last edited by Jiser; 27th April 2008 at 08:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Whos Dan?

Thank Post
    I.C.T Coordinator

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,512 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried to explain the situation to him?

Thank Post
    Yes but he keeps blaming me!

Saying I should of completed his list etc which he told me to do 2 hours before I left. I was prioritising work load and trying to do five things at once, also doing requests from teachers.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dan sounds like a gold-plated P-L-O-N-K-E-R.

Stencil it in reverse on his forehead so he sees it in the mirror every time he brushes his teeth.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Get a ticketing system. Give him access to it. If yo have too much work then you can turn round and ask him what you should drop to pick what he wants you to do.

Search for suitable systems on here but examples are My Little Helpdesk, Liberum, OneOrZero ...

Thank Post
    "Realeased" ... giggle, maybe he should learn to spellcheck his mail.

At the same time, he looks like a bully and in my opinion you should get out of there.

Thank Post
    My plan of action is:

1) Explain the School Care problem
    2) Ask to implement a helpdesk system (we have a book at the moment)
    3) Explain that teachers need laptops to teach
    4) Say I will only do jobs that you have requested in the help desk

Grr I am so angry. At the advise of my cousin, he suggested I wait till next tuesday when I am in and come in with a plan of action and tell them how I am going to fix the ""issues"" presented with myself and how things are run.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Dan sounds like a gold-plated P-L-O-N-K-E-R.

Stencil it in reverse on his forehead so he sees it in the mirror every time he brushes his teeth.
    seconded.....

this twerp writes you a proper ars^& letter/email, and then has the gall to smalltalk at the end about you're exams. I'm sure you can do without a plonker like this Dan displaying faux-interest in you're exams.

I think it's important to have evidence of communication between youself and dan, so that you can prove you've done the correct procedures. As Tony has said a helpdesk system would do that, but formal email communicae will also do.

I take it this guy is you're boss in which case it's difficult as you have to maintain some sort of working relationship with him.

Thank Post
    Hes the chap who responsible for me yes, my boss is the head. Who at times speaks to me like a pupil and other times is perfectly fine.

Its the completely different management styles at the two schools I work at which gets me. Apart from my experiance at tesco and a car dealership, the private sector (I worked for a company which sells commercial boilers) for my placement year was amazing to work for. They had about 100 staff and I used to go out on partying with the directors and everything.

I will ring the head up to explain I have made a list of suggestions I think will help improve communication etc and I will explain in more detail when I am in next week. Nevertheless this has tipped it for me, I will be looking for another job in september when I return from a months travelling. Graduate schemes to as I graduate in a few weeks. Its unfortunate because I enjoy working at the other School.

I also think that because I am a young guy they can treat me like sh*t!! grr
    Last edited by Jiser; 25th April 2008 at 12:43 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,472 Posts
    I would do exactly as you have decided also try to speak to the head an discuss how you are feeling and let them know how it is in no uncertain terms, if he doesn't seem to give a damn about it then leave.

As for not getting breaks well if you are there for 8 hours then you are entitled to them so take them.

If he moans tell him to go away.

Ben

Thank Post
    If you're in a Union, I'd bring them into the mix as well as the above.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Are you in a union? If you are, talking to your union rep and getting them involved would be another way to address the problem.

Thank Post
    You're letting him walk over you matey. Keep a diary of all the things you do during the day. A schedule can be unrealistic for ICT support, but do note down what you spend your time doing. Then you have actual figures for where your time is spent.

And as has been suggested, get a priority system going. You're only meant to do a certain number of hours work each day. If there's not enough time to do the work then they need more support staff - it's really that simple. And make sure you take your breaks, as not only do they give you breathing space, but it's also that little bit of power over him ("I'll get to it after my allotted break time" etc.)

Good luck.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast