+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Mobile phone contract 'free gifts' in General; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mobile phone contract 'free gifts'

When I signed up to my Orange contract 14 months ago, I received a free gift worth £199.99. This made sense, as it legitimately worked out as a free gift - I use my contract to the amount I expected etc...

I've just started the long process of deciding on my next contract and came across the following:

Mobile Express

Notably, the one which offers the w880i handset with a 'free xbox 360 arcade'. The price you have to pay for this amazing offer - £199 up front. Is anyone really stupid enough to not spot that they are simply paying directly for that 'gift'?

PEO
    Thank Post
    admit it localzuk..... you've gone and bought it haven't you?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not a chance! My original contract was 18 month, 500 minutes, 500 texts a month - either via orange themselves for £35 a month or via our local phone shop JAG, with a gift. (Plus I don't have a credit card, so can't pay online :P)

So I haven't lost out here. I just don't understand sites like the one mentioned above. Surely people would spot that?

Thank Post
    Ouch!
    Why would anyone be stupid enough to do that?
    The main reason people end up on a contract is because they don't have to pay for handset up front.
    I found the same phone on three.co.uk for £23 a month for the second deal down on that site. They are charging £27 a month plus the extra for the xbox.

Absolutely mental?

Thank Post
    I got a contract in July last year and so far it's not cost me a penny. I get 800 minutes and 500 texts. I pay o2 £45 each month but a company then gives me this money back every 3 months. So far it's been a good deal for me.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts
    Must admit there are some good offers and if you dont use over the free stuff the cashback covers the entire costs so it should cost you £0 at the end, maybe bar a few £ for the phone

Thank Post
    If you are offered Cashback offers then make sure you reputable companies that won't go bust easily, like the Carphone Warehouse or their sister companies i.e e2save.com. There have been many case on Watchdog when people don't get their money because the company has disappeared or they have fallen out of the Terms and Conditions.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kiran View Post
    If you are offered Cashback offers then make sure you reputable companies that won't go bust easily, like the Carphone Warehouse or their sister companies i.e e2save.com. There have been many case on Watchdog when people don't get their money because the company has disappeared or they have fallen out of the Terms and Conditions.
    I'm with e2save and I've not had any problems getting my money back. They went through a phase where they kept changing their terms and conditions, causing customers confusion by not explaining things and they kept putting wrong information or out of date information on the website and forum to make things worse but lately everything is far better. Just as long as you stick to the terms and know exactly when you need to send what then you can't really go wrong.

Thank Post
    I took out a similar contract to the ones mentioned above.
    Free Nokia 6300, 18Month con, Unlimited txts, 600min any, £35 a month - I got a free HP Laptop after 2months.
    Very happy! ))))

Thank Post
    What i feel bout orange is they are too clever in cheating customers while their services and mobile plans are totally rubbish. Recently they cut off my PAYG plan for not utilizing outgoing calls or texts over my phone for 6mths and this is total bull**** because of their business monopolies . Im on a 24 month contract with orange and i cant tell you enough how much of a bad decision i have made. I have regretted moving to orange but should have stayed with t-mobile. I cant wait i might even pay off my contract to get rid of these people. Their advertising and their prices makes them seem like the most reliable network providers. In my personal experience this is not true.

Best Mobile Phone Deals

Thank Post
    Ive had 2 ps3's and a hp laptop from these sort of deals over the years only worth it if your happy with a lesser phone which i was at the time, this time went for a decent phone so no freebies

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread