+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Salary Scales in General; Hey All - New Here! I am an I.T Technician working in a high school and i have been there ...

Thank Post

Salary Scales

Hey All - New Here!

I am an I.T Technician working in a high school and i have been there for over 6 months now, on my contract it says that my starting salary is 11,337 per annum but it also says that on the 1st of April this year that my pay will rise to between 16,829 - 18,429 as apparently that is my default salary, it also says on the contract that i am on this "Grade 7" salary, scale. What i want to ask is does anyone know if i am supposed to get a pay rise as the contract says or will i get one at a later time? Also what i want to know is does anyone have or know the pay scales for Leicestershire?

Thanks for anyone who helps me out!

Liam

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hello

Welcome to the board right basic way to describe this is you have a pay grade say level 7 and a point on the grade.

Every April you go up a point until you are at the top of your grade in your case grade 7.

Each year the unions agree a %rise on all grades for cost of living going up etc.

April 07 levels for Leicestershire (not Leicester city) schools can be downloaded from http://www.edugeek.net/forums/attach...staff_2007.xls

Russ

3. Thanks to russdev from:

Roach-IT (14th April 2008)

Thank Post
    From the way the national pay scale works from my experience, the amounts you mentioned do not match a grade 7, they match a scale 4 Salary which is the average scale for an IT Technician. Scale wise the highest is a scale 6 which is approx 22,000 a year top of scale, following that it moves to P01 and S01 grades, which are usualy senior personnell, such as IT managers, technical analyst etc. You can download a national pay scale of the net somewhere, good place to start would possibly be the direct.gov.uk site.

Hope this helps.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Also sorry yes as don't get pay rise until after the first 6 months so you go up a point after 6 months and then again once next April comes around so in your case.

So your started in Nov so 6 months is in April so I would assume but would need to check this that in April you go up two points one for first 6 months and one for april point rise.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @aacrobson

There is no national pay scale at moment so every lea pay scales are different.

So your grades are different to my grades etc the only thing single status is doing is making us same same structure but your the pay figures will be different.

He is on a grade 7 according to Leicestershire as per my excel sheet and is about right amount for technician one in Leicestershire.

Russell

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach-IT View Post
    Hey All - New Here!

I am an I.T Technician working in a high school and i have been there for over 6 months now, on my contract it says that my starting salary is 11,337 per annum but it also says that on the 1st of April this year that my pay will rise to between 16,829 - 18,429 as apparently that is my default salary, it also says on the contract that i am on this "Grade 7" salary, scale. What i want to ask is does anyone know if i am supposed to get a pay rise as the contract says or will i get one at a later time? Also what i want to know is does anyone have or know the pay scales for Leicestershire?

Thanks for anyone who helps me out!

Liam
    are you term time only? If so you will only get 66% or what ever it is of your 18k salary

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    @aacrobson

There is no national pay scale at moment so every lea pay scales are different.

So your grades are different to my grades etc the only thing single status is doing is making us same same structure but your the pay figures will be different.

He is on a grade 7 according to Leicestershire as per my excel sheet and is about right amount for technician one in Leicestershire.

Russell
    Okay, fair enough. Cheers for the heads up. I must have been mis-informed.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry yes the figures are based on full time somewhere I have forumla for working term time pay and hols...

But the rises after 6 months and April rise are same just as was pointed out you final pay is a % of that.

Russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    National support scale for staff is due (unions currently working on it but that brings whole host of issues on its own as well)

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanks for all the help guys!

Yeah it def says Grade 7 on my contract, and yes i still get full holiday pay. I started my job in Oct last year Russdev but it said that there would be a pay change on the 1st of this year so i might see a difference when i next get paid then?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz350 View Post
    are you term time only? If so you will only get 66% or what ever it is of your 18k salary

Term time only here gets more like 88%

40 weeks term + 2 weeks bank hols + 4 weeks holiday pay = 46/52 of salary

Thank Post
    when i started out i was only term time and employed till 3.20pm perhaps thats where i get the 66% from but i know it was pretty poop pay :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Sorry yes the figures are based on full time somewhere I have forumla for working term time pay and hols...

But the rises after 6 months and April rise are same just as was pointed out you final pay is a % of that.

Russ
    This is what I was told.

Term time pay is calculated by multiplying the hours worked per week by the working weeks per year and dividing by 1694 x 100 to give the % of full time. This % is then multiplied against the full time annual salary to give a part-time annual salary.
    How many hours do you work per week and how many weeks per year?
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 13th April 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Edu-IT - Im contracted to work 30 hours per week as stated on my contract.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread