+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, From The Field We Go Live To James Sumner in General; As some of you may know one of our members decided to go live in the mormons church in presten ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

From The Field We Go Live To James Sumner

As some of you may know one of our members decided to go live in the mormons church in presten for few years as part of his 'religious service'.

Anyway been emailing recently thought it was time to give you all an update also need some help.

I have a picture gallery for my mission which is found at Picasa Web Albums - James - Mission

I'm not sure if that counts as an update lol. I don't really know what I could say. I've been involved in pretty much everything here, ranging from the temple cafeteria (yes, the temple has a cafeteria lol) to the laundry, to the offices to the grounds. The offices are possibly the departments I like working in the most because it reminds me of working in IT again (which I -really- miss by the way lol).

I could have started a blog, but no-one would read it, haha. There is a lot of routine on this mission, it's very much like a voluntary job but with strict rules and long hours. So it'd be a pretty boring blog :P

As for tech news, I have received permission to buy IT magazines to keep me updated. I'm not sure if you can recommend a popular one? I've looked for PC Pro, but I can't seem to find it in any of the magazine racks in asda... where do they normally sell it? All the magazines I can find are just too basic.

Also, I don't know if anyone on edugeek knows, but are there any computer shops in Chorley town centre? I need to buy some stuff and argos doesn't have it lol.

Cheers

James
    I said I would forward any replies here so what magazine do you recommend , anyone in chorley got recommendation on the computer shop and any other comments or msgs that want me to pass on...

Russ

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    PC Pro but take out a subscription?

P.S. Really envious of James - I wish I could do something along the lines that he is doing but financial commitments stop me from doing so. Pass on my good wishes.

Thank Post
    Yeah, say hi to James - tell him we'll still be here when he finishes!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread