+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
General Chat Thread, Can't belive it happend! in General; I keep reminding people here that blonde is not a hair colour, but a state of mind. We have a ...
  1. #16

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,930
    Thank Post
    1,337
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    594
    I keep reminding people here that blonde is not a hair colour, but a state of mind. We have a few 'blondes' here ...

  2. #17
    torledo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,928
    Thank Post
    168
    Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    OS X does have this feature... It's called Time machine :P
    M$ have this feature aswell, trouble is system restore sux. ;-)

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    1,042
    Thank Post
    226
    Thanked 63 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    We've got a department at the moment where we are having a similar problem... due to time problems at the time the department was given admin access to their 2 pc's to let them use a package. After strict instructions that work needs to be saved to memory stick and server space i left them. Now a year, yes should have got to it sooner, later the HDD on one starts to fail. Thankfully got 95% of work off just incase the little darlings and teacher had not followed instructions.

    Of course they hadn't now A-level coursework is missing, pupil had no backup of work at home. Would you believe they are meant to be media students and had no idea that they should backup their work.

  4. #19

    Andrew_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,961
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 374 Times in 284 Posts
    Rep Power
    158
    Surely the problem with turning the clock back, however you do it, would be loosing all the work you did in the intervening period?

  5. #20

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,047
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 913 Times in 716 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    I keep reminding people here that blonde is not a hair colour, but a state of mind. We have a few 'blondes' here ...
    I am Blonde

  6. #21

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    Surely the problem with turning the clock back, however you do it, would be loosing all the work you did in the intervening period?
    surely the bigger problem is if you turn the clock back, then go and visit a gambling site, place a bet on a race you already know the result of.......the mind boggles!!?!?!





    what??

  7. #22
    apeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,612
    Thank Post
    95
    Thanked 115 Times in 111 Posts
    Rep Power
    42
    I dont think you can use this feature for personal gain

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    405
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    I have a funny feeling he's going to try.

  9. #24
    joe90bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    S Wales
    Posts
    1,349
    Thank Post
    322
    Thanked 107 Times in 96 Posts
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    surely the bigger problem is if you turn the clock back, then go and visit a gambling site, place a bet on a race you already know the result of.......the mind boggles!!?!?!





    what??
    I like your thinking

  10. #25

    EduTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    5,047
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 913 Times in 716 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    I dont think you can use this feature for personal gain
    I dont get that lol :S hehe

  11. #26
    mark80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    213
    Thank Post
    24
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-Tech View Post
    I dont get that lol :S hehe
    [nerd]one of the laws of time travel[/nerd]

  12. #27

    Andrew_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,961
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 374 Times in 284 Posts
    Rep Power
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    surely the bigger problem is if you turn the clock back, then go and visit a gambling site, place a bet on a race you already know the result of..
    Sorry, but which definition of "problem" are you looking at? Anyway of taking money off bookies seems fair to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark80
    [nerd]one of the laws of time travel[/nerd]
    I thought the only one of those that anyone worried about was doing "interesting" things with your grandmother?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kendal, Cumbria
    Posts
    604
    Thank Post
    57
    Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    I thought the only one of those that anyone worried about was doing "interesting" things with your grandmother?
    Nope!!

    A bird sees an ant and flies down to eat it.
    Driver brakes to avoid bird just as your Grandmother steps into road.
    Both breathe sigh of relief and go on their way.

    You go back in time and tread on an ant.
    Bird doesn't fly down as ant has been squashed earlier.
    Driver doesn't brake and hits Grandmother and kills her.

    Therefore you are never born.
    So how could you have gone back in time and killed the ant.......

    The paradox....

    My brain hurts.....

  14. #29

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,080
    Thank Post
    853
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Nope!!

    A bird sees an ant and flies down to eat it.
    Driver brakes to avoid bird just as your Grandmother steps into road.
    Both breathe sigh of relief and go on their way.

    You go back in time and tread on an ant.
    Bird doesn't fly down as ant has been squashed earlier.
    Driver doesn't brake and hits Grandmother and kills her.

    Therefore you are never born.
    So how could you have gone back in time and killed the ant.......

    The paradox....

    My brain hurts.....
    Assuming that time is a straight line and does not exist as multiple strands encompassing every possible eventuality. That and the assumption that multiple strands cannot converge and diverge with other time lines at multiple points. Quantum physics is one giant paradox just waiting to happen.

    All this boils down to the nessesity for a healthy fear of neon kitted DeLorians (Back to the Future - 1, 2 and 3) and larger warning labels on microwave popcorn and/or supernovas (Futurama - Alls well that Roswell) .

  15. #30

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    All this boils down to the nessesity for a healthy fear of neon kitted DeLorians (Back to the Future - 1, 2 and 3) and larger warning labels on microwave popcorn and/or supernovas (Futurama - Alls well that Roswell) .
    Hmm what smells purple?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •