+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, well gone and done it in General; I drove for 10 Days in the South and only saw a Police car whilst in Christchurch I regularly broke ...

Thank Post
    I drove for 10 Days in the South and only saw a Police car whilst in Christchurch I regularly broke the speed limit and never thought about it!

As soon as I arrived in the North Island I got my first speeding ticket and found that the traffic cops in the North were as verocious as they are here!

They use forward facing doppler radar in the patrol cars so they clock you from miles away heading towards them long before you recognise it's a cop!

They call it a "Tourist Tax" out there be careful.
    Last edited by m25man; 8th April 2008 at 08:52 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Christchurch is good and usually not too hot.
    He he ..... remember, we are English!

Anything over -5C and we will be breaking out the union jack shorts and knotted hankie on the head!

I remember sunshine......

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markcuk View Post
    yeah seen loads of kids with skylines quality!!!
    Yea there are massive amounts of them here in all of their variations, they are one of the primary street racer cars in use by the racer type.

@synack what are the internet shops like?
    They are alright this site is a search engine/index of almost all of the online IT providers so it should give you an indication.

4. Thanks to SYNACK from:

markcuk (8th April 2008)

Thank Post
    If you like a pint, I fully recommend this place. Spent many an hour in there.

6. Thanks to blackcat from:

markcuk (8th April 2008)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you like pizza you'll want to grab some Hells Pizza, best pizza in the country in my opinion.

@m25man - yea the north island cops are nasty. There is a lot of pressure on the government at moment regarding this extra road taxation as quite a few of us see it as revenue collecting rather than protecting the public good due to the way which they do it. Oh and they use laser based scanning for their speed cameras and most of the newer gun units. You can get radar detectors (belltronics)that will give you some warning but they are making noises about banning them soon.

@markcuk - for online shopping involving stuff other than IT gear you can use this site (Ferrit. Find it. Buy it.) which is similar to the first one but deals with all sorts of goods. For auctions you will want to check out (TradeMe - New Zealand Online Auctions and Classifieds), you can even buy cars, houses and boats there.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 8th April 2008 at 09:28 PM.

Thank Post
    thanks mate keep them coming!

if i make it to the north island will have to come and visit see what you schools are like!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    thanks mate keep them coming!

if i make it to the north island will have to come and visit see what you schools are like!
    Not a problem, if you are looking at food prices and such then this (http://www.foodtown.co.nz) may be of some help as you can order groceries online from there. There is the standard (Pizza Hut, Order Pizza Online) which also does online ordering and (Television New Zealand | News, Sport, Weather, TV ONE, TV2 | TVNZ) is the national broadcaster. We have an equvilant to th iPlayer which is at (TVNZ ondemand). The government has been pushing this site recently to help people choose safe cars (Rightcar — Choose the right car for you) which may help when picking a vehicle out.

If you want to have a look at the schools in my area at some stage I would be happy to show you around. I doubt that you would be impressed though as we probably don't have the same amount of gear that you guys have.

Oh and when you are getting internet access stear well clear of xtra, they are complete rubbish.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 8th April 2008 at 09:51 PM.

10. Thanks to SYNACK from:

markcuk (8th April 2008)

Thank Post
    I don't see how you can go wrong in NZ, been a few places and it's the only one I think I could see myself living in. It's a great place full of great people and sheep. (!)

I understand SIMS is very big in NZ, could be a handy thing to have on your CV.

Ah, for a bottle of Monteith's summer ale... :-)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeH View Post

yeah remember that one is that the cinnamon tasting one? and lion red,Canterbury cd stuff was good..hated tui!! but there clothes range is pretty cool got the hoodie and shirt

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeH View Post
    I don't see how you can go wrong in NZ, been a few places and it's the only one I think I could see myself living in. It's a great place full of great people and sheep. (!)

I understand SIMS is very big in NZ, could be a handy thing to have on your CV.

Haven't heard of SIMS being used in New Zealand but I'm sure that some of our schools probably use it. The main ones that I have heard of are MUSAC(Home - MUSAC), Integris, eTap(http://www.etap.co.nz).

As for beer I'd be more likely to grab a Macs Gold (http://www.macs.co.nz/) but then again I'm in Auckland, not really Monteith's country up here.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 8th April 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Stop living my dream for me :'( That was mine nearly 5 years ago now and nothings done of it :'(

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information