+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Gates: Windows 7 to come 'in the next year or so' in General; Originally Posted by torledo While the multitouch thing looks great, after you've shelled out several thousand and put you're own ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    While the multitouch thing looks great, after you've shelled out several thousand and put you're own and a colleagues back out to bring it in........it can't be good for you're back crouched over the thing to use it.

If you want to move it again you've got to risk a hernia if you try shiting it alone.

Good concept for the multitouch but a huge waste of cash especially if all it's gonna do is display concentric circles when some visitor puts they're coffee down on it.
    An expanded version(larger table) would be really good for the more junior of classes (primary). It could simply replace the large table that they all group around and crouch over now.

Each kid can have a separate active book, work area (drawing, handwriting, activity) open at their place on the edge of the table. Directed audio or even (eeek) headphones to each child and the table can provide help and guidance to each student individually to aid the teachers. It will should never replace the playing with blocks type learning but it could help speed up the learning of those that can learn quicker and help along those that don't. The biggest missing piece is the software to bind it all together.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 7th April 2008 at 07:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    As for the next generation windows mobile platform...all they'll need to
    is copy what apple will do with the iPhone and touch operating systems.
    I'd really rather they didn't copy the iPhone interface well, I'd rather they still let me have some form of rudimentary control over what I can and can't do and install on the device. I don't want to have to submit my requests to the great high Jobs to gain approval of my need to install certain software that does certain things, flash, background services, anything that might slightly impune apples ability to control my device more than I can. Yes I can Jailbreak it but why should I have to void the warranty to make it do what I want it to do.

I'm looking to a different source for proper mobile computing, Android and OpenMoko. Both seem a lot less oppressive than the Apple offering.

Thank Post
    I agree the absense of flash is a pain, and down right bizaree.

But i think the platform is going to open up....the big vendors such as cisco will develop client apps, push email is coming and the iphone sdk is the beginning of opening the platform to developers to create a wide variety of apps.

Have not looked at android, but i think Apple have the advantage if the hardware and software continue to improve in future revisions.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12