+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Do eBay temporary ban people? in General; Originally Posted by Jose Scammer is not the correct term, misleading advertising perhaps. Depending on what you sell ebay can ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    Scammer is not the correct term, misleading advertising perhaps.

Depending on what you sell ebay can be real cut throat, rival sellers leaving you bad feedback, rival sellers recking your auctions by placing high bids with new accounts etc.

Any experienced seller who is keen on making a profit month after month will almost certainly have more than one account.
    When your selling items that are worth between 800 - 2000 uk pounds your accounts will always come under scrutiny.
    Misleading == Scamming... And it is against a) the distance trading laws in the uk and b) against the advertising laws in the uk. ie. It is a criminal offence.

And I generally buy from reputable sellers on the site, with 4 and 5 figure feedback ratings, and I doubt they have multiple accounts, so what you are saying is bull. If everyone who was behaving like you was blocked then there would be no need for your scamming.

Thank Post
    Gotta admit I'm not surprised we're now seeing the "well technically"... and "the rules don't state that exactly" loophole trawling from Jose.

All classic scammer excuses.. Sorry, no sympathy. You're probably the type of individual who sees nothing wrong in selling something like an items box and waiting for some hapless idiot to miss the small print and then claim all's fair in love n' war and the poor sap should have read the information more carefully..

Give me a break...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    I note that you have some negative rep on here, actually; can we expect to see this account become dormant and a new one created next week?
    no Nick I shall continue to use this account, I'm not too fussed about the reputation thing anyway.

I'm sure delighted that I've been given a profile intraction thing, then funny thing all my customers that I sell to are always happy and only 3 times in over 4 years has anyone tried to take me to court, of which I have won 1, lost 1 and 1 settled before court. So I am doing something right.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,641 Posts
    What I find uncomfortable is that someone who is so carefree with eBay's trading rules is working in school. Do you abide by the rules there? Or do you choose to ignore the ones that don't suit you?

Don't bother answering my post - it rhetorical and my final word on this subject.

Zack, I'm sorry that this thread has been hijacked by another eBay issue. I hope your original question has been answered.

Thank Post
    More interestingly that he's placed himself in a position where one of the pupils, parents or staff could identify him, his school and draw a link between the two.

Could you see the arguments regarding bent rules, etc... holding any sway if any of them decide to take issue with it, not hardly!

*waits for rush to edit profile*

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    ...and only 3 times in over 4 years has anyone tried to take me to court ..... So I am doing something right.
    Er.. what? You've only been taken to court 3 times? I call that a good couple of years, yep.

You may be doing 'something right', but you're bloody well doing something wrong to end up in court (or near) so often.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Right this thread is being locked as it has ran it course.

@Jose

You have been asked to respect the rules here you said that don't care that you are breaking the rules.

This final warning if you choose to break the rules another infraction will be added to your account which put the account into temporarily suspended mode.

Russell Dyas
    Admin

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123